-one- Kai's POV -REWRITE-

Is This Love?

The night was cold -- that night when I first met you. That was the moment my lonesome, boring life took a turn. It was snowing like this on that faithful day, as I was cleaning up the bar in EXO after shop had closed. 

"Kai, its time to close shop! You can go home now!" Suho shouted to me as he walks over to his office, stopping at the sight of me still cleaning the glasses behind the bar counter. The day was Christmas Eve; and unlike most people, I had nothing to look forward to the holiday that was coming up. I was thinking of staying at the bar that night in order to soothe my loneliness. So of course, I was going to refuse, but when I opened my mouth Suho went on to persuade me: "Today is Christmas Eve, and even if you don't have plans, I may have some. Come on, you sould go spend some time out and make new friends outside the bar too." 

Friends, he says. Like I could find those so easily. Everyone outside the guys from the bar are always a pain to deal with... And it's not like it is that easy to make friends or else I would have tons! I sighed at the thought, everyone outside of the bar were usually just sketchy people in my eyes. I didn't really feel the need to make friends with people outside my circle of friends. I just shrugged off my thoughts and undid my apron, folding it in my left hand, "All right, I guess I better go change then." I paced out of the room and strolled into the locker room. There, I steadily unbottoned my shirt and neatly put my uniform away into my locker and dressed back into my casual black t-shirt and navy jeans, slid my thick brown jacket on and rapped my scarf around my neck. After I checked my appearance in the mirror, I left the room and waved goodbye to Suho. I pushed open the door only to hear a abrupt thud. It seemed that when I had opened the door I had hit something. Alarmed, I went to check if I had damaged anything. However, what I found was out of the ordinary, totally unexpected. And what I didn't know at the time was that this encounter would change my world, forever.

A tall boy lay there, in the thick snow-covered sidewalk, sprawled out on the ground with snow almost barrying him in its soft embrace. My hand met his neck to check if he was breathing, honestly, how cold it was made me shiver. His skin was so cold that if felt like it was frozen.  Fortunately, the guy was still breathing, softly though. The boy just seemed to have been passed out cold in front of the bar. "Hey you, wake up." I give the boy a good shake, "You're going to freeze if you sleep out here." There was no response from the freezing body below me.

"Hey, Suho hyung!" I called out for the manager who was still inside the bar, "Help me! I found a boy fainted outside our door!" Suho came rushing out as I tried my best to lift the boy and he helped me bring the poor guy inside the bar. 

We lay him down on one of the couches in the bar as Suho ordered me, "Kai go get some coats and cloth him. We need to get him as warm as possible. Also, I'm about to lock up shop, so can you bring him to your house? I'll give you a lift." I nodded and ran to the back without a second thought and grabbing two jackets before heading back to dress the cold boy. As I wrapped him in the big coats, I couldn't help but noticed the boy's handsome features. His sharp jawline, platinum blonde locks that swayed into his face, and his rather cool and handsome sleeping expression. Quickly, I finished dressing the guy and brought him up into my arms. Wow, he is so heavy... What has he been eating till now? He looks so skinny but is really fat isn't he. I started to carry him out bridal style towards Suho hyung's small silver car. Suho openned the backseat for me and I pushed the young man into the chilly car, tucking him into the seat, and I slid in to sit beside him. I wrapped my arm around the skinny boy's shoulder to keep him warm and to make sure that he didn't sway as Suho drove. He is really thin... and cold, hopefully he warms up soon. I let out a sigh. When will I get home, it's cold in Suho's car car --  well I guess it is better than walking with this heavy thing.

I did't really live that far, but still it was better to not carry a nearly frozen body out on a cold winter night. I guess I'll have to turn on the heater once I get home. Soon enough, Suho stopped in front of the street light next to my apartment. I climbed out of the warm car interior to the dark winter night. I say my goodbyes to him before I carried the tall and not to mention heavy boy back to my room. I had to stalk up the outdoor stairs of my rather old and small apartment, hiking up to my room on the second floor, the stairs were creaking with my every step. The building is old, but it was usable and cheap, plus it's close to work, so I stay at this place to save some cash.

I unlocked the third door from the stairs and entered the cramped dark hall. I reached out to the side and flipped the light switch, causing the room to illuminate. I walked as fast as I could with the big blonde in my arms to my room. I set down the blonde boy onto my bed before walking to the thermometer and turning the heater on. I covered the cold sleeping beauty with my blankets and tucked him in nice and cozy. Afterwards, I went and changed my clothes into some more comfortable and warm sweats and a sweater before I went to make myself some hot tea. Just as I had gotten my hands on the hot mug of tea, I heard a thud from my bedroom. And hastily, I went to check on the cause of the noise.

That was when it all began


Hello! This is Mei here!~ And this is my rewrite of Kai's POV! Thanks to yeolsbubbletea I was able to edit this chapter and hopefully make it better! I hope that you all enjoyed this more than it was before!

I am currently advertising my other stories! Please check it out if you have time!

Club EXO

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/906676/club-exo-exo-hunhan-taoris-baekyeol-kaisoo-xiuchen-sulay

Our Cursed Fate

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/904528/our-cursed-fate-exo-hunhan-taoris-baekyeol-kaisoo-xiuchen-sulay