Te Amo

Barcelona Dreams

DAY 1 - Quiero

[Chanyeol's POV]

I stepped into the airplane with enthusiasm overwhelmed me, in which causing my feet to slightly stamping, plus hands to be brought together, clapping, just like a little boy, a cute one. Unlike Sehun, I would always prefer to express it all out, which is why I was called the "Reaction King". I wonder how the expressionless guy, Sehun would look like if he got all excited over something. I've read it on the internet saying.. hiding your feelings deeply inside for long could bring you a heartache, by unknown source. That explained why I decided to confess to the love of my life, Byun Baekhyun, the past month. Keeping it for too long gave my heartache, headache, and stomachache? (I don't know but people called it "butterflies"). 

 

//flashback//

"Baekhyun, there's something I need you to know" I said, the soon I be seated oppositely to him at a classic style restaurant with romantic touch on it.

 

We, by the mean me, Baekhyun, Kai and Kyungsoo went out together that night. My best buddy, Kai was long informed about my intentions to confess and I had to drag him along because I knew Baekhyun would never agree to go out alone with me, never in my wildest dreams. Kai had long enough dragged Kyungsoo away from us, probably giving some privacy to us, and having for themselves  too. 

 

"Hm?" Baekhyun hummed, without even lifting his face up from the phone. I rubbed my sweaty hands together, scuffling my fingers hoping to wash away the edginess engulfing me. I took one deep breath in before continuing..

 

"Can you please listen, just for a minute? It's important, very" He finally looked up after hearing from me, giving such a plain look. I was certainly sure that there won't be 'happy ending' for today's episode of my life, but hey who knows how he actually feel for me? only God knows.

 

"I'm not sure if you've already find out about this.. but I wanted you to know that.. I've always been in love with you, all these days. I've tried to get over it and see you as brothers only, but it just hard. It only feels different with you. I.. I don't know how you feel about me, but if you do feel the same way, I was thinking that maybe.. we could date?" I stopped. Finally, I did it? Wow it does feel like tons of loads lifted off my shoulder! 

 

I looked up to see the same plain look I received earlier, not even a tiny bit of surprised, maybe he figured it out? I speculated. All I could hear was a small sigh.

 

"I knew how you feel for me, long enough, and the moment I feared the most has finally comes but.. I'm sorry" He muttered without replying my gaze, standing up preparing to leave. 

 

"B-but why? I wasn't good enough? I can change" I said in low tone, sounded exactly heart-breaking. Ouch? This feels even worse than a heartache. 

 

"I just don't.."

 

My smashed heart was still and for a moment, I only felt numbness. And then an anger and sadness surged through me with so much power, I knew not what to do. My heart stopped beating, my mind went black, as did my heart.

//

 

"Yah Chanyeol, what are you waiting for?" Suho's voice snapped me out of my thought.

 

"Oh, sorry" I stretched my legs and grabbed the seat beside Baekhyun, who had long made himself comfortable by the window. He showed face full of disapproval to me, as if I care. Getting over the person we love for years just ain't easy, I'm telling you.

 

"Suho hyung, exchange place with me please?" Baekhyun said. Suho who was sitting on the row in front, turned over with a furrowed eyebrows.

 

"What's wrong? Chanyeol, just what did you do this time?" Suho grouched.

 

"It's nothing. Please?" Baekhyun answered on my behalf. He got a hold of his pouch, before trying to move out, not until I blocked his way with my long limbs and clasped his arm.

 

"Just stay, please? I won't bite, at least not while you're awake" I said, merely. 

 

"Ah Suho hyung~" He half pleaded, with a soft voice. If only he could whine at me like that..

 

I smiled smugly to see Suho only gave a brush-off to him, eyes closed tightly, ears plugged with headphones in which turning Baekhyun down on his seat again. He sat back, throwing his sight out the window but turned at me shortly after.

 

"I think you can let go now" 

 

"What?" I raised eyebrow.

 

"My hand" He said with eyes shifted down to his hand in mine. This one thing about Byun Baekhyun that left me in questions, he could never look me straight in the eyes, at least not for long. I wonder why..

 

"Oh sorry. I thought it was my property" I love how his hand fits in mine just perfectly, like it's made just for me.

 

He gave me another view of his infamous scowl, before closing his eyes maybe wishing for a short nap. Just momentarily fell asleep and I couldn't help but to stare on the beautiful sleeping face. His breathing deep and relaxed, all the muscles in his face and body were totally at peace, like a baby in its' first throes of slumber. The innocence showed on the sleeping face, the soft breathing making the world seemed to stand still, exaggerating I know. After a while, his head tilted to the left and almost bumped onto the window, but not when a hand of mine gently pulled it to lean against my shoulder. A smile of satisfaction curved on my face as soon as Baekhyun snuggled closer.

 

"Sleep tight, Sleeping Byunty" I leaned to land a soft kiss on his head, eyes watered. If only I could do it.. often.

 

~~~

"Here's the key for room number 203A. Make yourself in and have a good rest. I'll be in 205B." Letter A stands for apartment, whilst B for hotel room. The manager handed out a key to our leader Suho, and the six of us nodded in a harmony before moving in without further ado. It was really tiring after about 12 hours long journey. 

 

The comfort apartment for staying held another 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, living room completed with a tv plus a long couch, and a small kitchen, not to mention a balcony with a fascinating seaview. The holiday we'd been dreaming of for years! 

 

"About the room. Who's sharing with who?" Suho questioned. Kai wrapped an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder as the answer.

 

"I'll be with Chanyeol" Sehun said, entangled our hands and clinging onto me. Yaiks? Of course I would want to be with Baekhyun. He shifted eyes to us for short, but stayed in a silence. I sent a pleading look to Suho, hoping that he could help me out. 

 

"No, Sehun. You're mine!" Suho disapproved, disentagling our hands and dragged Sehun. Pheu.

 

"But I wanna be with Chanyeol!" Sehun protested, frowning on his face.

 

"and I don't want to be with Chanyeol" Baekhyun said, causing me to give a quick turn to him. I would prefer for him to not say anything.

 

"Baekhyun, you're coming with me!" I stricted, getting a grip on his wrist and forced him to follow me into the middle room, closing the door behind as we in.

 

"LET GO! WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE IT FOR ME??" Baekhyun grumbled, yanking my hand away, and rubbed his wrist.

 

"I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?" I looked down to his wrist, slightly regretting for acting roughly. 

 

Taking a step closer only to get pushed back harshly. "Just stay back!" 

 

"and what if I don't?" I muttered, taking steps more, causing him to move back and stopped until his back kissed the door behind. I stretched arms onto the door, trapping him in between.

 

"This isn't funny, Chanyeol"

 

"I've never say it is. You know, Baekhyun. I have been really nice to you, and haven't done anything wrong to you, as far as I can remember but I just don't get why, just why do you hate me so much? or actually.. you've fallen in love with me?" 

 

I thought I must have seen it wrongly when Baekhyun actually looked fluttered, hands clutching onto his pants, jaw clenched tight, eyes wavered away from mine.

 

"What crap are you saying? I don't hate you. Now, let me go will you?" Baekhyun frowned, trying to shove me away, but to no avail. 

 

"Not before.." I whispered closely. His leaning back against the door, me leaning into him, one hand on his waist slowly pulling him until our body touched. Then, I slowly pressed my lips against his, kissing him soft like touching his soul, my whole body shivered to the pleasure travelling in my body. So that's how it feels like to be kissing the person we truly love? Too bad that it didn't last long when Baekhyun pulled away, and forcibly escaped himself from my embrace.

 

"WHAT THE HELL CHANYEOL??" He yelled, in flushed cheek, wiping on his kissed lips.

 

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know what has got into me" but I don't regret it.. 

 

Baekhyun groaned, before barging out the room and slammed the door hard on my face. Well, at least he didn't kill me..

 

~~~

"Wow what an unusual quiet atmosphere" Sehun stated, while we were having dinner at a restaurant at a distance of a stone's thrown away from hotel, in which actually pointing straight to me. Usually I talked a lot, nonetheless when or where. 

 

"What's wrong with your lips there, Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo suspiciously eyeing Baekhyun's corner of lips, scarcely swollen. I gulped.

 

"It's nothing" He said slowly, looking down to his meals.

 

"Yours too, Chanyeol" Suho added, with a slight smirk, now the whole table turning their attention to me.

 

"I-I uh.." I stuttered.

 

"I'm finished, I'll be going back to the hotel first" Baekhyun said, literally saving me from having to answer to it. 

 

"Me too" I said, preparing to follow after him.

 

"Urm Chanyeol, will you accompany me after this? I would love to take some fresh air by the beach and I heard there'll be fireworks tonight" Sehun butted in, halting me.

 

"Oh really? Okay then.. That sounds great!" I nodded before dropping down on my seat again. Baekhyun stopped on his track, turning to us, giving me a look that I could never interpret before leaving the restaurant.

 

~~~

The clock was pointing at 1 when I reached our room, Sehun made himself into the bedroom straight away. I can't even wish to be in my bedroom, because of this certain pissed shortie locked the door, probably still 'burning' over the unexpected kiss. He should at least be thankful, because this lips of mine is what fangirls out there would die for. I dropped down on the couch, overwhelmed by 1001 confusions and mixed up emotions. I the home theater system, resting a hand over my head and closed my eyes, letting my soul to be dissolved into the sentimental music played. Losing into my thought..

//

"I like you, Chanyeol" Sehun's voice reached my ear. We were having a calm and relaxing time, sitting by the ocean, hearing the sounds of sea waves swished in and out, a few errant cool breezes felt brisk on my cheek.

 

"I like you too" I turned my head to him, and smiled, sincerely. I really do like him, as a friend, as a brother. He's a good guy anyway.

 

"No, I mean.. I'm in love with you, in a romantic kind of way" He confessed, in which causing me to turn speechless, voice seemed to stuck in my throat.

I wish he would burst out laughing and says 'HAHAHA I'm joking, idiot!' but Sehun just rarely jokes around in such way, and I found his eyes in the dark of night, it looked earnestly deep.

 

"I-I don't know what to say" I finally said, after a long pause.

 

"It's okay, I know how you feel for Baekhyun" Sehun sighed, staring into the endless ocean.

 

"I'm sorry.." was the only thing I could say.

 

"and I know that he doesn't feel the same way. Will you give me a chance? I promise I'll do anything to make you feel happy and value your heart with all my might" Sehun added, turning again to me, taking my hands into his and held it tight, trying to convince me on his sincerity. He then leaned in to give me a soft and gentle kiss, evidenced by the fireworks coloring and lighting up the deep dark sky. 

//

 

I sighed, should I really give him a chance? He's right, Baekhyun has never even look at me. Those lines kept on replaying over my ears.. until I fell asleep there, on the couch. Wishing that everything would turn out to be just a dream.

 
ღ ღ ღ
 

DAY 2 - Herir

[Chanyeol's POV]

Barcelona Street. As said on a signboard nearly end of the busy road.

If I had to describe Barcelona in one word, it would be beautiful.Though we just arrived here yesterday, think I've fallen in love with this beautiful city.
I don't think any other city had gorgeous sunny weather that came anywhere close-clear brilliant blue skies, incredible aka jaw-dropping architecture, and the perfect mix of city and beach. Or some people called it as "Glowing In The Sun" city.

 

My thought was disturbed by a known chuckling sound hitting on my eardrums as I looked to my side and eyed Baekhyun who was grinning, eyes narrowed with bitty tears, showing off such perfectly lined teeth, in which he rarely does. I was half astonished to that, something must have been really funny.. The sound of his laughter, bright and cheerful like dandelions in summer days, blossomed upon the quiet field. I wish he could laugh like that, often and it would be nicer if it was me who made him.

 

We both went around for quite and just how I ended up alone with him...

 

//flashback//

"I'm going out to look around for a while" I heard Baekhyun informing to our manager completely dressed up in grey sweatshirt plus a tight pants, with a beanie on, not to forget a coat hanging on his arm. He looked gorgeous, no kidding. I couldn't shift my eyes away from him.

 

"Chanyeol? Yah, PARK CHANYEOL!" Kai nudged me on the tummy, bringing me back to reality. Ouch?

 

"Huh? Wh-what? Is nudging me that hard really necessary?" I frowned, but soon realised that everyone there, except for Kyungsoo, were watching on me.

 

"Don't you hear us? Ohmygod were you dreaming or something? The manager asked you to keep Baekhyun company since didn't you mention earlier that you're going out too?" The leader added.

 

"I did?" I asked, dumbly and received a YOU-ARE-THE-DUMBEST-PERSON-EVER stare from Kai.

 

"Of course you did, so you have to go with Baekhyun"

 

"No, it's okay. I can go alone" Baekhyun refused, showing his disagreement of being alone with me. He showed me a look of pleading for me to decline but I pretended not to get it.

I know how much he hated that. I turned a blind eyes, and deaf ears to that painful reality. I've tried for countless times, but fell back on my feet each time. Just to feel the pleasure of loving a person, was enough for me, for now and.. about Sehun, I haven't give much thought on that. Just follow the flow.

 

"No, I can't let you go alone. This isn't our place. Chanyeol, get dressed up now" The manager ordered, and I could only nod without saying anything. Of course having to be alone with the love of my life was wonderful, but knowing that the other party doesn't feel the same way made me think twice.

//

 

"What's so funny?" I asked, trying to make up a conversation. We haven't even talk since the 'kiss scene'. Not that I haven't tried to, but he had been avoiding me. He won't even get into the room with me in it. As the result, I slept on the couch because I don't want to cause any inconvenient for him, when he already is.

 

"Nothing" He muttered slowly, barely to be heard, his laughter died right away.

 

It took me years to puzzle out that he actually acted just fine with other members, but not me. Was it because how I feel for him? Soft sigh escaped from my lips. We barely even talk few words since earlier, exactly like two strangers just happened to bump into each other and went into the same path.

 

"Baek.."

 

No answer.

 

"Are you still angry?"

 

Silent.

 

Baekhyun could be like extremely quiet meaning by not even a word spoken. There's a phrase saying, words could kill a person. Think in my case, it was the other way around. His silence could kill me anyhow. I bravely took his hand in mine, though I hesitated at first. I mean, he learned Hapkido for years, and he might use it to break my arms. Gripping it just gently, stopping him. He did not look surprise to that since I did it quite often.

 

"Answer me. If it's because what happened yesterday, I'm really sorry. Just pretend as if I've never done that" I insisted.

 

Baekhyun stayed shut, wavering his eyes away from mine to the busy street. Until we were about to cross the street, I took a hold of his arm firmly and drove him closer to me, keeping him safe at least because I don't think I can forgive myself if something bad were to happen to this little guy. We stopped in front of a coffee shop, as I felt the need to sort things out.

 

"Look at me, Baek"

 

Baekhyun swept my grip off of his small wrist.

 

"Mind your hand, please? People are looking" He said.

 

"Who cares if they do? What matters most is you. Now answer me before I kiss you here" I could see that deep black orbs of Baekhyun widened as if he seen a ghost, maybe my words was the 'ghost' here.

 

"Oh so yesterday wasn't enough? Are you insane?" Baekhyun grumped.

 

"Yea. You made me" I answered, shamelessly.

 

He seemed touched, a little, by my honesty but then starting to move again. Leaving me waiting dumbly for his answer.

 

"You know I mean it when I said that" I threatened, reminding him again on my words earlier. I smirked when he went paralyzed.

 

"No"

 

Baekhyun uttered before resuming on his track again, not until I reached for his shoulder and turned him around to face me, straightaway, absentmindedly leaned for a kiss on that pouty lips of his.

 

"Chan-"

 

Unluckily, Baekhyun instantly placed palms shielding his precious lips from being attacked by mine, that I ended up kissing his back palms instead.
I pulled back with a pout, slightly disappointed by the unexpected feedback. His eyes turned even rounder to the sudden action of mine.

 

"PARK CHANYEOL YOU-"

 

"You forced me to. Finally you look at me. Was it that hard? Dare to move again and I'll force-kiss you this time"

 

"You sounded like a total ert, really"

 

"Proudly to say, I am. Because this certain boy turned me into one. I just can't stand him some time"

 

Baekhyun shook a head, crossing arm on his chest, staring up at me.

 

"Now, listen here Hyunnie"

 

I put hands on both of his small shoulders, looking straight into those single lidded eyes of his, adorned by long lashes, it seemed so deeply beautiful that I might drown in it.

 

"I told you don't call me that. It's embarrassing. What if somebody heard you?"

 

A short chuckle escaped from my throat. Somehow feeling satisfied that we manage to build conversation, though it sounded more to an argument.

 

"Let them be. They just gotta face me if they've got problem with that"

 

"Psh this guy. Acting all cocky again" Baekhyun scoffed and I smiled to that, kinda got used to hear those harsh words from him. However, ottokaji? I could never love him less.

 

"I'm sorry, truly sorry. Will you forgive me?" I apologized for the tenth time, but like I said, I don't regret it and never will.

 

"I forgive you. Now stop bugging me over that, and will you pls put your hands down?"

 

Heavy sigh escaped from my lips, slowly putting down my hand. You gotta be stronger, Park Chanyeol!

 

"Yo yo! So here you are!" Sehun approached us out of nowhere, wide smile gracing that face, with paper bags in a hand.

 

He dressed up in black tight pants, buttoned up denim shirt, and completed with a cap and sunglasses. I can't believe someone that is this good-looking can actually fall for me. I mean, I know I am gorgeous too but yea. Things would just run smoothly for me, if I fell for him instead of Baekhyun. but what to do? Do I have any choice? 

Like a phrase saying.. Nobody falls in love by choice, it's by chance. But nobody falls out of love by chance, it's by choice.

 

"Hey, where were you?" I asked, taking off his sunglasses and put it on me instead. I don't feel that much of awkwardness with him though knowing his true feelings for me now, since he acted just how he normally did. Just a little bit of different on how he showed attentiveness towards me.

 

"The coffee shop there for this, and I saw you two. I can't believe they're selling bubble tea here!" Sehun pointed at the coffee shop we stopped by earlier, greedily slurping his favorite drink of all.

 

"Yeah yeah you can find bubble tea almost everywhere. Are you alone?" I questioned. Baekhyun payed attention on his gadget only, without considering to in.

 

"Want some? I can buy you one. Nah, Suho hyung is here too, inside the shop" I grabbed it from him, and slurped it down hungrily. That made his eyes went wide, clenching tight his teeth showing his disapproval. Lightly knocking his fist against my head to stop me from further drinking it.

 

"Ouch! Take back your bubble tea, you punk" I huffed, and he laughed to that.

 

"You deserved it, boyfriend of punk!" He replied teasingly, and Baekhyun finally lifted his face up to us, looking with questions deluging his face, but refused to ask.

 

"I'll get going first" He said, rushing from there.

 

"Me too, Sehun. I think Suho hyung is looking for you" I added, pointing to Suho who seemed to be looking around.

 

"Okay, I'll see you later then" Sehun nodded. I handed back the sunglasses, and ran to chase after Baekhyun. It wasn't that hard to catch him, thanks to my long limbs.

 

"Hey, wait up!" I shouted, but he ignored me until I get a hold on his arm.

 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?? WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO YOUR SEHUN AND STOP BOTHERING ME!" He groaned.

 

"Whoa easy there. My Sehun? Is something wrong?"

 

"To be honest, the wrong here is you"

 

"Me?"

 

"Yea, you. It's annoying how I stuck with you for the whole day, just the sight of you and everything about you are irritating for me!"

 

The words slid out so easily from his mouth, but why does it hurt so much? It felt just the same to how I first confessed to him, and was declined. A fake smile curved by the corner of my lips. It seemed so fake! Faker than fake, I know. My heart just can't seemed to do so. 

 

"I've never chose to love you, Baekhyun! If only I can, I won't. Just what did I ever do to be treated this way?? I'll leave if that's what you want"

 

I walked off without giving him a second turn, and right at the moment, tears filled in my eyes.

 

"Damn what has got into my eyes?"

 

ღ ღ ღ

[Baekhyun's pov]

No, Chanyeol. No. What did I just say? 

I screeched innerly, and hardly judging myself for insulting the guiltless boy. Clutching tight my fists, fingers digging into my palms, but no word seemed to roll out to stop him from leaving. Watching on his back until it completely vanished away from my sight. Chanyeol..

Why must I feel this bad? Why does it hurt me seeing that bitter smile of his?

Could I possibly.. like him? No, it can't be.

This is guilty.. just guilty.

~~~

The clock's hand pointed at 9 as I reached the hotel room, faintly exhausted after walking around such a big city for the whole day. Kai and Kyungsoo were having their own sweet leisure time, with Kyungsoo snuggling a head against the boyfriend's shoulder, munching on potato chips while watching movies as I walked in. Stupid happy couple, I groused. Unlike me and Chanyeol, they both rather stayed in the room than sweating out themselves under the glowing sun.

 

"Why are you alone?" Kai asked, as to see no sign of a certain abnormally tall boy, or in other words 'Where is Chanyeol?'

 

"We sorta.. separated. Chanyeol hasn't reached here yet?" I answered hesitantly, trying to hide the uneasiness that starting to overwhelm me.

 

"I thought the manager told you two to stick together" Kyungsoo butted in, though he sounded so not interested in knowing more.

 

"Whatever" I said, before leaving into the room, pretending as if I don't give a on that.

 

~~~

I wrapped myself in an oversized sweatshirt, it was a birthday present from Chanyeol. I wasn't that bad, to even refuse receiving gifts from him, though this only the second time I wear it. I couldn't get to sleep in my messed up mind, and tousled heart that I decided to try for a movie. 

 

"You can't sleep?" Suho asked me as I entered the living room.

 

"Ehm" I nodded, heading to the couch. Sitting back against it, and subconsiously letting out a sigh.

 

"Do you wanna talk? I can tell something's bothering you"

 

"It's nothing.." I lied.

 

"You know, Baekhyun.. you can tell me anything. I've known you for long enough" Suho showed a warm smile, brushing a thumb against my back palm.

 

"I-I don't know what's wrong with me" I ran a hand through my hair, hoping to brush off my baffled mind. 

 

"Does it have something to do with Chanyeol?" He made a guess.

 

I sighed, again and slowly nodded. I took a deep breath in, before letting it all out on Suho.

 

"Look here, Baekhyun. I don't know how you actually feel for him, but you know yourself. Try asking it, your heart, what is it that you truly want? When you found the answer, do something about it and don't let it just slip away or you might regret that later. Goodnight, Baekhyun." Suho gave a light peck on my head, before leaving there. 

 

I took a glance to the clock, it was almost midnight but Chanyeol hadn't show up until then and what worse is I can't seem to get my mind on the movie. Kyungsoo and Kai had long made themselves into respective bedroom, probably counting on sheeps before going for a sleep. 

 

"It's cold out there. Will he be okay? What if he got lost?"

God what was I thinking? Who cares if he does?

Heh, you care, Baekhyun. You! My inner voice scorned.

 

Those round puppy eyes, lips that never failed to show a mesmerizing smile, annoying but cute laughter ghosting over my head. What is it that I truly want?.. The question left unanswered as I fell asleep on the couch.

 

~~~

I snuggled more to feel the comfy pillow underneath my head and curled my body under the bed cover. It felt so warm and cozy just until I stretched out my arm and realized Chanyeol wasn't on the other side of the bed. He had never been there anyway, but this little piece of me always seeing his presence there.

 

"Chanyeol?" I whispered, looking around the gloomy room. 

 

I sat up straight and watched the clock, it said 3.15 a.m. That's weird, didn't I fall asleep on the couch earlier? Did Suho carry me inside? No, he won't. Kyungs-? Nahhh. That shouldn't even cross my mind. 

 

Or it actually..

 

I jumped off the bed, sneakily walking out the room into the dim lighted living room. I turn froze to see Chanyeol curling up on the couch, of course the couch couldn't provide long enough space for such giant-like human. Soft snoring sound could be heard from that naturally pink plump lips. I bit my lower lips hardly that it almost bleed, as I stared right into his calm sleeping face, kneeling right beside him.

 

"He carried me in so that he can sleep outside, instead of me?" I whispered, I could never feel touched more than this that I slightly teared up, soon enough started sobbing out of guiltiness. The painful words I threw to him, and how I was acting terribly cold all these days, entirely coming back bashing on me all at once. I covered my mouth avoiding the sound from escaping, forgetting the fact that even the lowest sound could wake Chanyeol up. 

 

Chanyeol slightly had his eyes open but immediately sat up to see my figure next to him.

 

"Baekhyun, why are you here? Hey what's wrong?" He asked, in low deep voice and sounded sleepy.

I couldn't say anything but to continue sobbing, geez I don't even know why am I crying?  I just did, and pretty sure I might regretted it the next day.

 

"Ch-Chanyeol, I'm sorry" I said in a husky voice, finally I said it.

 

"Hey it's okay.." Chanyeol held my arm and led me to sit on the couch, beside him.

 

"It's not okay! Can you please stop being so nice to me?" I replied.

 

"I can't" 

 

Chanyeol gave me a warm smile before gently pulled me into his embrace, hands softly tapping on my shoulder and slowly humming to a melody. I felt safe and calm that I don't remember what happened next..

 

~~~

DAY 3 - Te Amo

[Baekhyun's POV]

The next morning, the six of us, plus our manager, had a simple breakfast at an open sea-view restaurant. The ocean is blue expanse all the way to the horizon, the whooshing sound of waves crashing intermingle with the sounds of birds chirping, and the smell of salt carries along by the gentle sea breeze. The view was so fascinating that I felt as if my tummy is filled right away.

 

"Baekhyun, what's with that puffy eyes?" Kai asked all of the sudden, narrowing his eyes while looking at me. 

 
Oh crap! I woke up this morning and that's what I earned for crying last night. I tried putting a thick layer of eyeliner covering it, but looks like it didn't work. Gosh! It gave me shivers just by recalling what happened, how I fell asleep in his arm. I shifted eyes to Chanyeol who was sitting oppositely to me. He doesn't show any kind of response to that, chin resting on a palm, throwing his sight into the ocean. As if he heard nothing and I just realized that he acted just differently since this morning. Was it because of what I said?

 

//flashback//

Earlier in the morning, I was lying down on my tummy, scrolling down through news feed on my phone when I heard a low knocking sound on the door. I hummed shortly, allowing the certain person outside to enter. Just why does he need to knock anyway? Oh.. I just remembered when he barged in and I was putting on clothes, as the result I grabbed the nearest pillow and payed him a smack-on-face. He stepped in quietly, straightaway heading for his backpack, and searching for things he-knows-what. It felt odd not to hear his voice first in the morning since usually he was the one who wakes me up. Come to think of it.. he's done a lot for me. As if my world's revolving around his all the time.

 

"Urm.. Chanyeol" I started.

 

He responded by raising eyebrow, only.

 

"I think we need to talk" What I really want.. Suho hyung said.

 

"We've had enough talk" He left the room, just like that.

 

"but-"

 

and shut the door.

 

As soon as you figured it out, do something and don't just let it slip away or you might regret it..

 

//

"Hello?" Kai waved a hand before my eyes, snapping me out of my thought.

 

"U-uh maybe because lack of sleep" I lied.

 

"No, you're not. There's some other reason I think" Kyungsoo said, with a smirk on that face. Could he possibly saw us? God tell me it's not true.

 

"Are you okay, Chanyeol? You don't eat much" Sehun's words turned my attention towards Chanyeol.

 

"I'm fine, just my head hurts a little. Think I won't be joining you guys later on" 

 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Sehun asked again, before the manager did. It irritates me how Sehun simply placed a hand on his back neck, caressing it. It irritates me how I wasn't the one who did that. It irritates me just by seeing Sehun being close to Chanyeol.

 

"I'll just have a short nap later, and will be completely okay by then. Don't worry" 

 

"Then I'll stay at the hotel with you" Sehun added.

 

"No, just go or else I'll force myself to come along" 

 

"Urh alright I'll go, but give me a call if anything and make sure to take a nap"  

 

"Okay, mom" Chanyeol grinned.

 

Why does it hurt seeing the two? I thought I heard a cracking sound coming from my aching heart.

Now only I realized how true of a saying.. You never know how much a person really means to you, until you started to lose 'em.

 

ღ ღ ღ

After having simple breakfast, we planned on going to look around for more in the first place but thinking that Chanyeol won't be coming along, I couldn't get myself to be enlivened over that. Chanyeol went back to the hotel, while we went to the other direction. I was the last person behind, still was calculating whether I should come along or not. I stopped on my way and hesitantly said,

 

"Erm guys.. Why don't you go first? I think I left my wallet at the hotel. I'll catch up later" I made up an excuse, not that I even planned to catch back.

 

They all nodded, not to mention Suho who was giving me a deep smile, except for Sehun. He gave me a doubtful look, but not that I care. I don't view Sehun like how I used to anymore. I wonder why.. I made a turn, and quickened my steps towards Chanyeol, but slowed down when I did and kept a distance from him. He really looked unwell, his steps was slow and soulless, plus sneezes escaped from his throat once in a while, together with runny nose and mild cough. Probably he caught a cold for being out in the bone-chilling night until late. I blamed myself for that anyhow. He wouldn't come back late if it wasn't because of the things I said, and that then he won't catch a cold. I'm a terrible person.. really. 

 

I turned back again, after making sure that he safely made himself into the hotel and headed for a convenient store located within spitting distance and grabbed some needs for a cold patient. Panadol was the only medication I could think of. I don't really know how to take care of a sick person, because I never do. Usually I'm the one whose being taken care of. Wow Park Chanyeol, look what you've turned me into..

 

I straightaway made myself into the room, as I reached back at the hotel. Searcing for Chanyeol who wasn't anywhere in sight. I looked over each room and there was no sign of him too. Worriness crazily hitting on me, as I dropped down on the bed. Hearing the bathroom door clicked open, relieving me from all sorts of distress.

 

"Chanyeol" I called out, approaching him who had an obvious surprised expression.

 

"Why are you here?" He furrowed eyebrows.

 

"Just because" I couldn't find any reason to my being there. 

It's because of you, Chanyeol. I saw him making a way towards his 'bed', aka the couch. Instantly stopped him from doing so.

 

"No, you aren't suppose to sleep there. Sleep in the room instead"

 

"I won't" He refused, dropping down on the couch.

 

"Chanyeol, please? You need to have a good rest, or else your cold will get worsen"

 

"Don't pretend like you care.." He said plainly as possible, probably returning back what I did to him. I just gotta swallow them all for a bit.

 

"I do care"

 

He stayed shut, hands on a head with frown on that face. I be seated closely next to him.

 

"Does your head hurt? Stay still" I asked, for the first time trying to get a hold on his head, with slight trembling hands, giving it a gentle caressed down to his long neck. He certainly looked astonished over my unexpected action. I had butterflies in my tummy, the aggressive one and had a minor earthquake innerly.

 

"Baek-"

 

"Let's get you to bed" I held his arm, leading towards the bedroom, and for a while he obeyed silently, probably too weak to further argue on that. He lied down after I adjusted the position of the pillow.

 

"Thanks"

 

I quitted the room, and came again with a Panadol I bought earlier plus a glass of plain water. He reached for it without saying anything, and then lied down again, giving his back to me.

 

"Chanyeol, are you.. by any chance trying to avoid me?" The question that has been haunting me for hours.

 

"I'm not"

 

"Yes, you are" I stricted.

 

"and what if I am? Isn't that what you want?" He muttered lowly. That explained why he had been acting faintly towards me since the night, not even willing to make an eye contact. I'm losing it..

 

"I've never wanted that"

 

"Oh really? Isn't just the sight of me is irritating for you? Why don't you go now, Baekhyun? I want to sleep" He huffed lowly, and I felt like a total jerk.

 

"Look, I've said I'm sorry and I really mean it. I'm not going.. I'm staying with you"

 

"Why are you doing this, Baekhyun? You're just making things harder for me. Please go while I'm letting you to.." Chanyeol muttered, closing eyes tight, as if keeping something painful deep down inside. If only I can do something to comfort him..

 

"Harder for what?" I know exactly what he means by that, but I hoped that maybe I was wrong..

 

"Harder to-"

 

"I know you would be here" A rough voice reached us, startling somewhat. We turned over just to find none other than Sehun who was standing by the door, with a face of pale-looking vampire craving for blood, human blood.

 

"Oh Sehun. Why are you here? What did I say-" Chanyeol asked, sitting up.

 

"Then what about him?" Sehun scorned, looking very displeased. He clutched onto a small plastic sack in hand, probably he bought some medicine for Chanyeol as well. Heh, you're too late Mr.Oh! Something must gone wrong with me.

 

"I just don't feel like going" I answered, and walked passed him but feeling a hand gripping onto my arm.

 

"Meet me at the balcony" Sehun whispered, and Chanyeol eyeing both of us in questions. I swept off the grip and slightly nodded.

 

"Have some sleep, Chanyeol" I said, before closing the door.

 

~~~

"What is it?" I asked, but can definitely tell what's this all about. We both were standing at the balcony, looking into the wide viewed ocean. I slid hands into my pocket, waiting for words from him.

 

"I'll just go straight to the point. I'm certainly sure you know how I feel for Chanyeol, and how he feels about you"

 

"and then?"

 

"I know you don't like him that way, so why don't you back off and stop acting like you care? You've hurt him enough. I know I can give him what you can't and, I'll help him to get over you"

 

"I'm sorry I can't do that.."

 

"What?" A frown cracked on his smooth forehead.

 

"I do feel the same way for him" I can now be sure about that..

 

I curved a smile on my face, patting him on the shoulder before leaving there. I'm sorry, Oh Sehun, but I can't let him go..

 

I made myself back into the room soundlessly, and smiled fondly to Chanyeol's sleeping face. Hand stretched to remove the bangs that covering his forehead, my eyes then shifted down to his nose, and then to his plump lips, the lips that stole my first kiss. It happened back then during our debut days, I was quite talkative formerly, and annoying too, that Chanyeol lost his patience towards me at one point and he kissed me right on the lips just to shut me up. What happened next is better left unrevealed. I flopped down beside him and thought.. How can I never realize how beautiful he is? At least it wasn't too late for me to realize it now, right?

 

I then fell asleep.

 

~~~

"Today is our last day here, tomorrow morning at 9 we'll head back to Seoul" said the manager, the soon he entered our apartment.

 

"If that so, can I take a look around for one last time tonight? I'm bored staying in the room for the whole day" Chanyeol grumbled. He looked completely okay by now,

 

"Okay but take somebody with you"

 

"I have stuffs to look for. I'll go with Chanyeol then" Sehun added. 

Aish, this brat! For me, it looked more to an excuse just to be alone with Chanyeol. Suho nudged me lightly, and gave me a DO-SOMETHING-YOU-IDIOT look, but no words can be said.

 

"Alright then"

 

I can give him what you can't and, I'll help him to get over you..

 

~~~

I crawled back and forth on the bed, staring endlessly to the ceiling as if I could penetrate it with my eyes. I tried to maybe get some sleep and forget everything about Chanyeol but it was hard. Just the fact that he was now somewhere out there with Sehun, it killed me slowly. The clock had its arm stretched to number 8.

 

"What are they doing still not coming back?" I grouched. It has been 2 hours!but it felt like decades.

 

Shortly after, Suho stepped into my bedroom and joined me on the bed.

 

"What are you thinking so deeply about?" He asked, furrowing eyebrows.

 

"Suho hyung, do you know where the two heading to?"

 

"Chanyeol and Sehun? If I'm not mistaken, Time Square. Why?"

 

"Time Square, huh?" I smirked.

 

I jumped off the bed, swiftly dressed up casually in black tight pants and a hoodie, grabbing Chanyeol's gray scarf hanging on the chair before dashing out.

 

"Yah! Where are you going?" Suho questioned, but it was left unanswered.

 

No, Sehun. I can give him more than what he'd ever needed..

 

ღ ღ ღ

I reached before the place with a huge signboard "TIME SQUARE" after approximately 20 minutes. The place was flooded with tourists that I bet it would take me at least an hour to search for them. Well, now or never. I dialled up Chanyeol's number just to be sure if they were really there.

 

"Baekhyun?" First the person on the other side said.

 

"Where are you now?" I asked on the spot.

 

"Time Square. Why?" Yaasss!

 

"Be specific, like where exactly?" I further asked, because I do aware that it may takes me forever to search for them.

 

"I don't know. Just some shop selling clothes. What's with you?"

 

"Okay then, bye"

 

I started walking around and stopped as I reached the center, catching on my breath, wildly looking around for a certain giant-like figure. I was told that there were shops selling clothes close to the center point, and I could definitely see it from there. Bingo! My eyes widened as I saw them only about a meter away from my position, heading out from a shop, hands occupied with paper bags.

 

Thankfully I had a cap and Chanyeol's scarf wrapping on my neck, enabling me to hide my face under it. My knees trembled to see such a wide smile Chanyeol had on his face, as if they had fun together. Sehun makes him smile, but I made him cry?

 

Serve you right, Byun Baekhyun! HAHAHA. My inner voice mocked.

 

I should just leave, it was too painful to watch.

 

"Chanyeol, maybe it is true.. Sehun can gives you what I can't"

 

I whispered.

 

I stepped back before turning around to leave there, but luck wasn't on my side when I accidentally bumped into a guy that he dropped his belongings right on the ground.

 

"Watch where you're going, you fool!" He yelled that it scared me a little, glaring at me with such a fierce looking eyes, my hands were shaking as I picked everything up and handed it to him.

 

"I-I am terribly sorry" I looked down as I apologized, soon enough the guy left with a scoff and probably cursing in Spanish that I don't even want to know. I sighed in relief, caressing on my poor chest. Pheu.

 

"Baekhyun, is that you?" 

Oh ! Things can't get any worse.. I lifted up my face and eyes enlarged to see Chanyeol and Sehun standing only one foot away. I stupidly decided to turn around and run off, but my hand was grabbed immediately which stopped me right away. I could tell whose.

 

"What are you doing here? Is this why you asked me earlier?" Chanyeol asked after turning my body around to face him.

 

"Why does things have to be this way, Chanyeol?" Sehun said, pointing right to Chanyeol.

 

"Wait here, Baekhyun. We aren't finished" Chanyeol ordered, before dragging Sehun at a distance from me, while I gave them some personal space. It's probably things I shouldn't hear or else I would turn out to be cocky and acted as if the world is mine, I mean the love is mine.

 

but honestly, I can actually hear it, still..

"Look, Sehun. I do love you, but not in the romantic way. I'm really sorry that I can't return your feelings and I hate to hurt you, but trust me.. you're a good guy, I promise there'll be someone that's best for you. I'm just not the one.."

 

I tried to catch what Sehun said, but couldn't hear a thing because God knows how low his voice is.. He then left there, with head hanging low. I feel sorry for him, really.

 

"Now it's your turn, Baekhyun" Chanyeol's statement made me gulp down my saliva, reaching me soon enough.

 

"Turn for what?"

 

"Answer me, why are you here? Like all of the sudden you called me and asked- wait a sec, you were already here when you called, didn't you?" Looks like he figured. Should I give him a clap for that?

 

"I-I am here for uh- you.. left your scarf!"

 

Really, Byun Baekhyun? A scarf eh? Lame excuse, I know. I would love to dig into the ground and bury my head in it. but I can't think of other!

 

"Why thank you.. That's so kind of you. Pfft my . Are you sure you're not following us?" Chanyeol ridiculed, raising an eyebrow, reaching out for the scarf I handed in.

 

"Huh w-why would I do that?" I scoffed. argh somebody please save me! I can't even look straight in that round shaped eyes hiding under a full-framed glasses. I took some time scanning on his appearance, legs wrapped in a black pants and simply a sweatshirt.

 

"Some kind of jealousy, maybe? I don't have the answer.. why don't you tell me" Chanyeol muttered.

 

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Let's just go back. It's late" I started to walk, but realized he wasn't following.

 

"Are you sure.. you have nothing else to say?"

 

"Like what?" I asked, my heart raced thousand miles in a second, my sweaty hands were cold, and I could barely feel the ground below. Isn't it crazy?

 

He stepped closer and faced me, taking a deep breath in.

 

"I'll say this.. for one last time. I've loved you ever since our debut days and don't ask me why, I just do. even if loving you is wrong, I don't want it to be right. but I truly understand if you don't feel the same way and.. I won't force that on you. from today onwards, I'll try to get over you, if that's the least I can do for you"

 

I know I wasn't wrong when I saw tears in that eyes..

I know I wasn't wrong when I said I don't feel happy about that,

I know I wasn't wrong when I said I do love him!

 

"Let's just go.." Chanyeol said in a shaky deep voice of his before he began to move.

 

and I know I've never wanted him to go..

"Park Chanyeol, stop right there!" He didn't. I ran to him and stopped right in front of him, halting his step right away.

 

"Who told you to leave?"

 

"Baek-"

 

"Who told you to decide everything on your own?"

 

"Wh-"

 

"WHO TOLD YOU TO GET OVER ME WHEN I'VE STARTED TO LOVE YOU??" I blurted out, letting a stream of tears rolled down my cheek as I bumped my head onto his firm chest, clutching tight onto his shirt.

 

"Baek, did I hear it correctly?"

 

"Yes I love you, dumb- and it's driving me crazy!" I cried my eyes out, my heart out but it just made me feel better. My heartache, it's gone.

 

Shortly, I could feel an arm circling around my petite body, driving me closer, with another one gently rested behind my neck, it soothingly. Hugging me tight like he really means it. We stayed in such dramatic position for quite some time before I pulled back, with a visible shade of pink filling my cheek, dried tears, staring up into his gentle and soulful eyes.

 

"You have no idea how much it killed me just to hear your confession. I can never stop loving you, Baekhyun you pabo" Chanyeol said, placing both hands on my flush cheek, caressing it.

 

I could feel his face getting closer to mine, and closer that his warm breath ghosting over my nose. Just then, the soft lips of his pressed against mine, it was incredibly soft.. well I know it supposed to be soft but you know maybe not that soft God what was I bubbling about okay just forget it. Our lips were moving in perfect sync and the kiss was all sweet and gentle, but captivating. Mesmerized lips press together time after time, transporting us to another world. Ragged breathing and dancing tongues bring a fiery heat to the cold air. With just the two of us there, the rest of the world disappears. Desire ignites the world around us as we become lost in a sea of lust and love. The rest of the world is engulfed in our lustful burning flames as our kisses grow more urgent; rushes.

Our lips pulled apart, our breathing came out in short, desperate gasps. All I could give him was a shy smile. damn that was embarrassing! I flinched a little when his hand reached for a pinch on my cheek.

 

"What a cute tomato cheek" He teased.

I jerked off his hand, giving him a pout.

 

"Tch not that pout or.. I'll kiss you again" he said with a very naughty smile on. I covered my lips with palm, and was astonished that he leaned over and kissed me on the palm, just like the other day.

 

"Chanyeol-"

 

"Baekhyun, I'm your ert from today onwards. Deal with it. Let's go home, but ah before that.."

He wrapped the gray scarf earlier around my neck. "it looks better on you"

 

"Really?" I asked.

"Really." He smiled lovingly. We then walked off, and his hand searched for mine before intertwining it just nicely firm.

 

"What's this for?" I questioned, staring down to our hands and replied his grip.

"Just in case you might get lost"

"You won't lose me, Chanyeol"

"Promise?"

"I promise."

 

~~~

"Are you sure you wanna do this, Baekhyun?"

 

I nodded, without slight hesitation.

 

"Because we can stop if-"

 

"No, I want to"

Our lips embraced one another, as if there won't be tomorrow. We tugged at each others' cloths until we stood face to face, reflecting the naturalist of men's raw passion. Then melted into each other, resulting into a flood of passion from the floor where we once stood into a puddle of ecstasy, to the bed.

 

He grabbed my arms and pulled me towards him, hovered over, and at the contact of our skin, a mixture of emotions shot straight into system: desire, lust, and excitement. Everywhere he touched gave a sizzling burning feeling, and his breath kept coming in shorter as more seconds ticked by. From the way his hands were moving, desired for the touch on my skin. Lips discovering every inch of me missing out not a bit even.

He reached up and we getting deeper into the covers, into a never-ending abyss of pleasure and desire.

 

*

I woke up the next morning cuddled against his bare chest, feeling nothing but bliss and satisfaction. The mattress felt soft and endearing under my body, but I felt laying against his stiff frame and using his arm as a pillow was much more comfortable and preferable.

 

"I love you, Park Chanyeol.."

and he is the best thing I could ever wished for in my whole life..

 

 

 

 

ღ T H E  E N D ღ