Balls

Talk to Me

 Kyungsoo is standing in the center of the gymnasium barely breaking a sweat as a game of soccer is going on. Usually he would never participate in such a hectic game with idiots who took gym to seriously but this particular day is rather unfortunate for him because his coach actually wants students to do participate. It was not entirely a flop. Especially since Kyungsoo got to see him up close.

  Kim Minseok, a senior apart of the advanced design program studying to become an architect (Kyungsoo 'overheard' Minseok talking about his future job preference and academics), quiet but affectionate towards the ones he's close with, and the one that has messed up Kyungsoo's well being since the beginning of the semester.

      Kyungsoo doesn't even know why the crush happened all of a sudden. Before, Minseok used to be that one guy in gym who sweats way too much after a game. But then he became that cute senior with the cheeky smile, determined attitude, and nice body.
    The way that Minseok carries himself is one main reason for anyone to fall for him. He's a strong independent individual who is a team player when the time comes. 

  Kyungsoo is closely watching Minseok pass the ball to someone on the senior team. His leg movements are swift along with his fancy footwork as he works his way pass his opponents. When Minseok lifts his leg to bump the ball with his knee Kyungsoo curses. He's in a trance and he curses the universe for letting Minseok wear those navy blue gym shorts that show off his impeccable thighs.

"Dude look out for the-!" One of Kyungsoo's classmates screams out but it's already too late.

 Kyungsoo can feel the soccer ball slam right into the side of his face. In slow motion he can see everyone's eyes getting big and their jaws dropping. Even as Kyungsoo is falling he can see the cute horrified look Minseok is giving him.

'Oh my god he's looking at me!' Kyungsoo cheers in his head. Until he realizes the only reason he, and the entire class, are staring at him because he just got hit in the head by a rogue soccer ball. 'Damnit'

    He hits the wooden ground with a thud and the soccer ball that caused this whole problem rolled it's way into a corner. Kyungsoo lays there with his eyes closed because he'd rather pretend to faint then the face the possible laughter that might erupt if he sits up.

  The whole class, well mostly the whole class others are still too lazy to get up from their seats, surround Kyungsoo. The one's surrounding him are talking amongst each to each otherwondering if he's okay or hurt in any way. Kyungsoo cracks his eyes open a little bit to see who's around him and he nearly does faint when he see's Minseok so close to him.

"Hey are you okay?" Minseok asks carefully. Kyungsoo still pretends to act like he fainted. He's not going to open his eyes, Minseok might laugh.

"Everyone step aside and give Kyungsoo some room!" The coach shouts at all the students. 

'Now the entire class knows my name...Great.' Kyungsoo thinks bitterly to himself.

  The coach gets on his knees and shakes Kyungsoo's right arm repeatedly asking him to wake up. Kyungsoo is annoyed by the fact that his coach does not believe in cutting his nails and his witch claws are stabbing into his beautiful skin; he's not even mad at the raging headache punching at his brain.

"Hey buddy are you alright?" The coach asks again.

   Kyungsoo eyes shoot wide open and he glares at his coach with firey eyes. How dare someone call him 'buddy', that's a short people name. He justifies that 5'6 is not short but in fact average height for a sophomore and that puberty will make him taller soon.

    The glare never leaves Kyungsoo's face as he gets lifted up by the coach and when he's escorted by some student to the nurses office. Kyungsoo secretly wishes that it was Minseok that took him to the nurses office. Maybe if Minseok took him to the nurses office the senior would ask him out.

  That's what Kyungsoo's imagination tells him.

"Maybe if you asked Minseok out you'll stop staring at him and endangering your life," Jongdae walks up to Kyungsoo at his locker. The icepack taped to the side of Kyungsoo's head by their below average nurse (public schools) is a giveway to Jongdae that something happened. Also the snapchat that Baekhyun sent him of Kyungsoo getting smashed in the head with a soccer ball is a big help too.

"You know 84 percent of the human race actually greet someone with a hello?" Kyungsoo asks annoyed while he puts his gym clothes in his locker. 

"Sorry," Jongdae is sarcastic with his apology. "Hello shorty-that-embarassed-himself-in-front-of-his-crush-by-getting-hit-in-the-head-with-a-ball, my name is Jongdae. It's very nice to meet you."

"Who told you?!" Kyungsoo shouts. Like he needed more people to know about his embarassement, especially his friend Jongdae, 
"More like who snapped him," Baekhyun chimes from behind. Kyungsoo nearly jumps at the sudden surprise. "You're all over snapchat my friend."

  Kyungsoo slams his head on his locker multiple times. Jongdae and Baekhyun share an amused look.

"If you keep doing that then you'll have another icepack taped to your massive cranium," Baekhyun says.

"You shouldn't be talking," Kyungsoo retorts. "You have a big head too."

  Baekhyun wears a small pout and Kyungsoo cheers to himself. Jongdae only rolls his eyes at the pair before he smirks. Minseok is walking down the hallway.

"Hot buns at 12 o' clock," Jongdae announces. It's the nickname that he and Baekhyun had made up that Kyungsoo hates. That does not stop Kyungsoo from attempting to stuff himself in the long locker though.

"Ugh why won't I fit?!" Kyungsoo screams out in frustration. "I could fit last year!"

"I told you you got fatter," Baekhyun responds. 

"Says the one who ate spaghetti and steak in one sitting," Kyungsoo narrows his eyes as he puts Baekhyun in a choke hold.

"I know you two have millions of receipts on each other but I need for you all to shutup," Jongdae sasses. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun both open their mouths to say something but Jongdae glares at them. If Jongdae were to say something then the two might end up hurt, it's happened before. 

"We need to help Kyungsoo instead of pointing out his many insecurities Baekhyun. This childish crush needs to stop, this is high school damnit! Go ask him out," Jongdae orders.

"Now you know I can't do that," Kyungsoo blushes just thinking about the senior. He looks across the hallway and finds Minseok talking animatedly to friend. It looks really cute.

"Why not? Just get it over with. If he says no then move on but if he says yes then you'll be all set," Jongdae says.

"I'm a sophomore and he's a senior! It just won't work out what if people call him a e or something?" Kyungsoo counter argues.

"To be honest you'll look like the e since he looks like five and you got that," Baekhyun makes hand notions at Kyungsoo's face. "going on for you. Especially when you do that creepy smile."

   Kyungsoo grabs Baekhyun's neck again and starts choking the older in rage. Jongdae rolls his eyes because he doesn't have time for this. He literally doesn't have time for this, class starts in two minutes. Jongdae turns and see's Minseok at his locker, all by himself.
Perfect.

"Hey Minseok!" Jongdae screams across the hall before running away, dragging Baekhyun along with him. 

   Kyungsoo hears his friends laughter slowly fading away while he's frozen in one spot. Minseok looks around curiously for a few moments before he looks directly at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's heart drops and he begs the universe to be on his side for once and make Minseok walk away.

The universe hates him unfortunately. Minseok is walking towards Kyungsoo.

  In the seven seconds that it takes for Minseok to make it over to where Kyungsoo is at Kyungsoo thought of 48 possible ways to leave. Ranging from running away to an idea that involved 8 gallons of coffee. But Kyungsoo did none of those.

"Did you call me?" Minseok asks.

'Damnit he sounds even cuter talking to me!' Kyungsoo thinks to himself. He looks over at the senior and oggles at the way the school uniform looks fantastic on him. Who knew a navy blue blazer could bring out someone's eyes so nicely.

"Hello?" Earth to Kyungsoo," Minseok waves his hand in front of Kyungsoo's face.

"Y-y-you know my name?" Kyungsoo stutters aloud. 

"Coach said it a couple of times when you were knocked out," Minseok smiles. Kyungsoo lets out a sigh. "Is your head okay?"

"The great medical attention I recieved from the nurse was enough to make my head all better," Kyungsoo flatly responds. Not even realizing he's being sarcastic with his crush.

  Minseok lets out a small laugh and Kyungsoo feels like dying again. In a good way though.

"I know what you mean. Once I got sent to the nurse because of a stomach ache and she gave me ice...what is ice going to do?" Minseok shares.

  This time Kyungsoo laughs. Minseok, Kim Minseok, is in front of him sharing stories of his life. Kyungsoo doesn't want this moment to end. But unfortunately the bell rings...Damnit.

"Well I guess I'll see you later. Next time play on my team if you don't want to get hit in the face. I'll make sure to protect you," Minseok ruffles Kyungsoo's jet black hair before walking to his class. "See you later."

"Bye," Kyungsoo squeaks out. 

   Even though Kyungsoo is going to murder both Jongdae and Baekhyun when he finds them and most likely end up in juvi for 1st degree murder; he's happy that he got to talk to his crush.


     These are just late night drabble thoughts~