I like you. Maybe

Fate

It took a while before she finally managed to calm down. Taemin decided they should leave so Eunjin let him guide her back to the car. He had been quiet since they left. He held her hand the entire time and didn’t say a word which she was grateful for. She didn’t think she was capable of answering questions at the moment.

It was already late when they reached Seoul. Taemin took her home and when they reached the front gate she couldn’t seem to make herself say goodbye.

"About earlier…" she started but Taemin cut her off.

"Tell me when you’re ready," he said before pulling her into a tight hug. "Don’t let it bother you, ok?"

She hugged her back and with her head buried on his chest, she nodded. He cupped her face and forced her to look at him. But he didn’t say anything and just stared at her as if he was trying to memorize every detail of her face.

“Thank you,” she said because she was really grateful for everything.

Slowly, he lowered his head into hers. She knew what was about to come and she welcomed it because she needed it.  He didn’t ask permission this time but Taemin didn’t need to. He brushed his lips on top of hers, softly at first. She could feel her knees getting weaker and her sanity slipping with every minute that passes by. She wrapped her arms around his neck while his arms tightened around her waist.

His kiss became more insistent and demanding. It’s getting harder and harder to breathe but she didn’t mind. The feeling that overwhelmed her was too good for her to care about anything else. All that mattered was how it feels like being in Taemin’s arms and how soft his lips felt with hers.

When he finally pulled back she found herself craving for more. She could tell he feels the same way too. He looked at her with eyes filled with need and longing. He let her go although she could tell it took him a lot of effort to do so.

“Sleep well, Jagiya.” The endearment sounded so nice to her ears that it made her smile.

“You too.”


 

Eunjin couldn’t remember the first 12 years of her life. The earliest memory she had was waking up in a hospital bed, confused and very much scared. She couldn’t even recognize her own parents who were then crying for reasons which must have involved having to deal with an amnesiac daughter. They were nothing but strangers for Eunjin back then but she could remember crying when her mom wrapped her arms around her and they were both a crying mess trying (but failing) to comfort each other.

They never told her how or why she has no memories of her past. She already gave up trying to figure out the truth years ago after she learned that they have no intention of telling her anything.

When her parents decided to move to Daegu, she never asked why. She realized it would be better that way. New place and new people would mean she didn’t have to deal with questions from people who were supposed to be her friends but are turning out to be nothing but strangers. It would have been hard pretending to be friendly when she couldn’t even remember how they became friends.

She was no longer as desperate to remember the past as she was before. Perhaps she already got used to not having them around. But now after almost 8 years, she started wishing she didn’t have to deal with her condition. She wanted to remember how it feels like to play with little kids her age when she was in grade school. She wanted to remember how it feels like the first time she learned how to read and write, how she first made friends, how she first had a crush (if she ever did). She wondered if it felt as good as when Taemin first held her hand.

 

It wasn't hard falling for Lee Taemin. Not when the guy keeps on making her heart flutter with every little thing he does. Not to mention the fact that he seems to know everything about her from her favorite food to her favorite music and even the fact that she loves watching the stars. So of course Eunjin fell deeply in love without her knowing.

Taemin is everything she could ever ask for. Sometimes she thinks she probably did good things in the past for her to deserve someone like Lee Taemin in her life.

“Why are you crying?” he asked. He didn’t miss anything, even when she tried to wipe her tears to hide the fact that she was crying, Taemin still noticed.

They were taking a stroll in the shore after Taemin and his friends (although Eunjin thinks it’s probably more of Taemin’s idea and his friends just decided to play along) decided it was a good idea to spend their three-day long vacation at the beach and drag Eunjin with them. After dinner, Taemin invited her for a walk at the shore. When they got tired they sat on the sand admiring the view of the horizon, the night sky and the vast ocean.

There was a comfortable silence between them and it was completely fine with her. She was enjoying the hushed silence and loving the view of the night sky. The stars seemed brighter at that part of the country. They are more visible without the streetlights and billboards that littered the city. Somehow the sight made her tear up and she didn’t even know why. It’s different than when you see something pretty and you tear up because it’s too beautiful and you can’t help but be touched by the scenery in front of you. No, this is different. The sight makes her tear up because it reminds her of something painful which she had no idea what exactly.

Taemin noticed the tears running down her face before she could wipe them away. She really has to stop giving him reasons to stop liking her (assuming he does like her). First at the lighthouse, she cried like a total idiot and now she’s crying again just by watching the stars. She wouldn’t blame Taemin if one day he will be completely convinced that she’s losing her mind.

She sighed before answering his previous question of why she was crying. “I don’t know,” she said with all honesty.

Hiding things from him is getting harder now. She averted her eyes while wiping the tears that seemed to have a mind of their own. It was futile though because Taemin already noticed she was crying and the tears never cease to fall anyway. “I-I mean, I can’t remember. It’s just that staring at the stars makes me cry. Like it’s trying to remind me of something painful but I have no idea what.”

Taemin held her hand and squeezed it lightly and for a minute, Eunjin felt as if she was finally home after a very long time. She leaned her head on his shoulder while wishing they could stay that way forever because his arms wrapped around her felt too wonderful and she never wanted to let go.

 

The sea looks just as pretty in the early morning as it is during the night. When Taemin took off his shirt, Eunjin felt herself blushing again. He might look skinny but without a shirt on she was able to see the well-formed muscles underneath. She realized he must have been working out.

Eunjin noticed a scar on the left side of his upper abdomen just beneath his ribcage. She wondered how he got the scar but didn’t get the chance to ask because she didn’t want to get caught staring and asking would be just the same as admitting she was.

Taemin went in the water first before she did. “Eunjin-ah, come here.” he said while stretching out his arm in an unspoken command to put her hand in his. When she did, he pulled her softly until she was right next to him. The water was cold but it feels great.

Eunjin never thought that spending a few days at the sea would be so much fun.