Three Seconds

SunKyu Collection

         

             Everything is gonna be fine, unnie. Don't worry.”

 

She felt , feathers like, brushing against her skin. Rocking her in an unconscious torpor whereas she was asked to keep her eyes opened. The fire in ,  unremitting buzzes and yellings echoing in her ears. All of this was fading away, little by little. Like in a endless walz.

 

Nonetheless, a smile continued to tuck at her dry and red lips because she still managed, through misty eyes, to look at the face above her.

 

She tried to move her arm, wanting to wipe those unecessary tears flowing down the young woman's pale cheeks, falling down her forehead and slipping between the arch of her eyebrows.

 

“U-unnie...don't move. They'll arrive...the-”

 

This voice habitually lively and slightly low was shattered in sobs buried in . She slid her hand in Sunny's brown hair, trying to reassure herself, that all this mess was only a dream - That they were always at this party one hour and half ago, laughing till they could no longer breath.

 

Definitey not like that.

 

Yoona closed her eyes, praying, anything, which could bring them back. Like in a time machine. Even if it was three seconds before this trunk flashed his lights right on them.

She didn't know what she was going to do, if...No. They'll here soon. Believe it. The muscles in her jaws and her neck clenched nevertheless to the red, sinking tirelessly along Sunny's torso, without the will to cease. She bit harshly on her lower lips, cursing herself loudly.

 

“Yoong.” The voice was small and tortuous but she raised her head as soon as she heard her, like an obedient child.

 

Sunny lifted her other hand, halting briefly, pain reading on her face and rested it on Yoona's cheek.

 

“You're so beautiful.” She smiled, blood messing the beautiful show.

 

Yoona gasped, contemplating this smile who had the power to calm her down and nuzzled her head in her lover's hand. And she can't believe it again, the word around them seems to stop a moment leaving them alone, eye to eye. No words needing to be exchange. But it's short because quickly she's reminded what she have done when blue and red colors twinkled on Sunny's face.

 

“Sunny,” She stammered. “I should have never-”

 

The brown hair girl shook her head with a new hearty smile. “It's not your fault.”

 

Yoona sniffed and shook her head fiercely. “I should have listen to you and not drink that much-!”

 

“Yoong.”

 

“-And not take the wheel when you prevented me to do it!”

 

“Yoona!”

 

The repeated coughing and the excruciating tone coming from Sunny's throat stopped Yoona in her speech. She dropped her eyes on Sunny. The latter, after a dry and too long and painful cough, grinned again.

How's it possible. The younger could not believe it. How could she smile like this when she was so close to... Unless was she-?

 

Yoona widened her eyes.

 

“No. No! I forbid you!” She exclaimed, banging her fist against the dirty ground, doesn't giving a about the shadows gathering step by step around both of them.

 

Sunny stayed quiet. The same, heartbreaking smile on her face. She moved her head slowly from the left to the right when Yoona's mouth open to form any coherent words and then she saw it, through deep deflating brown eyes, they're right there.

 

“Sunny, please,” She begged, closing her eyes in front of this fatality.

 

Her hand ran between the long brown hair. The softness, the smell. She wanted to soak herself into it. Bathing against this warmth and praying for those gorgeous orbs to stay open.

 

“Yoona.” Sunny murmured her name again through glassy eyes when a kiss touched her lips. “I love you.”

 

“And I love you too.” Whimpered the youngest against the same lips. “So much.” Tears mixing with the fresh blood letting a strange smell of bitterness reflecting in the air.

 

And that's when Sunny closed slowly her eyes with the same peaceful smile on her lips that Yoona broke down.

 

Three seconds.

It happened in three seconds. 

And it's all it took from her, to lose everything.

 

*