Anaemia

Anaemia

"Ms Park Kyungmi?" The doctor called out while looking at the clipboard laid on his desk.

"Yes?" The said girl replied. She was scared of doctors. She'd rather not know that she was sick instead of being diagnosed with one.

The doctor sighed softly before he stated, "I'm afraid to tell you that your baby would be in critical condition if your anaemia worsens."

Kyungmi couldn't react. She felt depression engulf her. Sure she didn't appreciate being pregnant at first, but she grew to care for her baby. "I-I see... I should get going then..." She stuttered, obviously shocked by the news. She walked home alone. Her baby bump wasn't that big yet, so no one really saw her as a pregnant lady. "This is all your fault Luhan..." She mumbled and tears started rolling down her cheek.

A boy caught up with her and draped his arm around her shoulder. "Hey princess, how's your baby?" He asked with a smile.

"Not good Xiumin... I have anaemia. It's bad for the kid," Kyungmi replied.

Xiumin had a worried look on his face. He never saw Kyungmi so lifeless before. He knew that Luhan should take his responsibility as a father for his baby inside Kyungmi. But the boy was addicted. He didn't want to stay with only one girl. Xiumin had stayed by her side when Luhan wasn't around. Even if he was around, Xiumin would be the one with Kyungmi.

"I know that this sounds ridiculous... But if you... Ever encounter a problem with the baby... I can act as the father," he showed a small smile. Xiumin knew that Kyungmi loved Luhan very much. But the latter was too blind and obsessed. He didn't know how lucky he was to have Kyungmi as a lover.

She rested her head on his shoulder and started crying. Xiumin brushed her hair continuously, attempting to calm her. It hurt him to see her cry.

"Don't worry Kyungmi, I'm always here..."


Arriving in front of their house, a girl walked out of the main door. Kyungmi didn't react at all. She was used to seeing them. Xiumin held her hand and whispered, "Wanna stay at my place tonight...?"

"It's okay Xiumin..." She declined and stepped out of his car.

Xiumin waited until she entered her house before he took off. He wasn't going to leave her. Not when her life was at risk.

"Kyungmi sweetie~" Luhan smiled as he greeted his wife with a hug. Don't be deceived by his looks, he was a wolf in sheep's clothing. "How's our baby?" He asked as he placed his hand on her stomach gently.

"Fine," she answered shortly and walked pass Luhan. Kyungmi headed up to their room and went straight to bed.

Luhan followed her up and told her, "Kyungmi ya, I have a meeting tomorrow night... So... I won't be going home early."

The only word that came out of was 'ok'. She wasn't going to be home the following night as well anyway. Luhan climbed into bed, next to Kyungmi, surrounding his arms around her and embracing her tightly.

"You're suffocating me," Kyungmi muttered under her breath.

Luhan let her go but he didn't change his position. He still faced her. Staring at her beautiful face, he fell asleep peacefully.

The following morning, Luhan woke up while hugging a plushie which he named Kyungmi when they first started dating. He sat up on the bed and found the other side, empty. Luhan assumed that Kyungmi was making breakfast. Luhan walked out of their room and headed to the kitchen to find a plate with newly cooked food.

"Hm? Where is she...?" He asked himself.


"Xiumin!"

"What? Pink is nice!"

"I hate pink!"

"I love pink!"

"I'm the mother."

"Fine. But you better give me something pink right now. Only then will I allow you to buy a blue coloured clothing for your baby."

"Okay, what is it?"

"Your lips," Xiumin whispered into her ear while his hand was at the back of her head. He leaned back a little and stared at her. Kyungmi closed her eyes gently. The boy in front of her gulped. He badly wanted to kiss the lips of Kyungmi. Not hesitating any longer, he pushed her head closer and closed the gap between their lips. His lips started moving passionately against hers. Nothing more than that was happening. They were simply kissing. But their kiss were full of feelings.

Watching them from afar was Kyungmi's husband, Lu Han. Jealousy engulfed him whole. His face burnt with anger. He turned his head away and walked to a different direction. He may be a bad husband but he himself knew that he didn't have the right to protest. Because he had done it before.

Luhan's other girl couldn't meet him that day because she stated that she had work to finish. Feeling bored, he visited Kyungmi's doctor, curious of his baby's health.


"Good afternoon, may I help you?" Kyungmi's doctor asked.

Luhan –with an innocent face– scratched his nape and said, "I'm the father of Park Kyungmi's child."

"Oh I see, you must be concerned then," the doctor said as he walked to his shelf to take Kyungmi's pregnancy documents.

"Concerned?" He asked, clueless.

"I thought Ms Park had told you already. Your wife is diagnosed with anaemia, so your baby's birth isn't really guaranteed to happen," he elucidated.

Luhan couldn't move. He was frozen at his spot. It felt like he was paralysed. A pile of memories and flashbacks appeared in his head. He felt guilt and all the negative feelings around him. Luhan ran out of the hospital and began looking for Kyungmi.

"Forgive me for everything Kyungmi. I'm sorry, really. I didn't know," he thought to himself as he ran to the place where he last saw Kyungmi.

As expected, she wasn't there. Luhan frantically called her number and hoped for he to pick up. As soon as the call was answered, Luhan blurted out, "Kyungmi! Where are you?"

"I won't be home tonight. You said you won't be home too, right?" She answered calmly despite the pain she was feeling when the IV Needle was injected in her.

"Answer me. Where are you?" He shouted. His tone was so loud that people started looking at him. However, he didn't care. Luhan deserved to get treated that way.

"I'm at—"

"Ms Park, your next injection would be at 4.30pm," a nurse said at the background.

"You're... At the hospital?" Luhan asked. He was worried and his heart was pounding. He had no idea how long Kyungmi had anaemia.

"Yes..." She sighed in defeat.

Luhan hung up and dashed to the hospital. He missed her. He missed his wife. He bumped into many people, apologising here and there. Finally reaching the hospital, he immediately asked the person in charge where Park Kyungmi was. At first, they didn't allow him to go, because they were informed that Xiumin was the baby's father. Luckily, the latter was passing by.

"I'm not the father. It's him," Xiumin butted in. "I was simply replacing his place when his wife was suffering," he continued, glaring at Luhan.

Luhan's head hung low. He didn't know what to say to him. Before he could enter the lift up to Kyungmi's room, Xiumin whispered to him, "We need to talk."

"Kyungmi ya~" he called out.

"What is it?" she asked with a smile on her face. She felt so happy on the day of their honeymoon. They were finally married.

He wrapped his hands around her waist as they watched the sunset. "You're my only one..." He told her and kissed her head.

"I love you Luhan..."

"Love you too"

"Kyungmi!" his voice echoed in the hallway. He dashed to her room and found a girl lying down in the hospital bed, unconscious, with an oxygen mask. Luhan –with an open mouth– sat on the chair next to her bed and held her hand. "I'm sorry..." He muttered. Tears ran down his cheeks. "Please... Stay with me... I swear, I will change. Please don't go..." Luhan sobbed.

In the midst of his emotional moment, his annoying phone rang incoherently. Frowning with annoyance, he answered the call.

"What do you want?" He asked with a firm voice.

"I'm done with my work now Lulu! Where are you?" The girl replied with a bright tone.

"I don't want to see you again," he hung up and blocked the number.

Luhan regretted all the stuff he did. All his wrong doings, he started asking himself why he liked doing it. It didn't making any sense.

Xiumin walked in and said, "Well, you're finally reflecting, aren't you?". His hands were in his pockets.

"I feel guilty," he answered shortly.

"You should be," Xiumin replied. "Where were you when she was suffering? What were you doing when she was pregnant? How many girls have you dated?" Luhan didn't answer. He felt really bad. "Look, I know how you feel. And I know that what you said just now were sincere as well. Just... I wish you'd make it come true," he added.

"I will Xiumin, I promise," he said as he stared at Kyungmi's unconscious face.

A tear rolled down her cheek, which caused the two boys to get shocked. Was she conscious?

"Kyungmi... I'm sorry... Please... Stay with me," Luhan said softly as he squeezed her hand lightly.

Out of the blue, a nurse walked in with a clipboard resting on her left arm. "Well, it's time for her injection," she stated.

Luhan's weak look became an unknowingly suspecting look. He stood up and said, "Hang on, what's in that injection?".

"Just her medicine," she replied.

"I don't her to get injected by that. Only one type of injection can be coloured cyan. It's not even a medicine. It's drugs," Luhan claimed.

The nurse was speechless. He knew. He was good at medical. Kyungmi wasn't the type of person who would stay healthy. She was born to get sick easily. Because of that, Luhan decided to take the medical course. But, he wasn't interested to become a doctor when they got married.

"I won't allow you to inject that. I don't want to lose Kyungmi. Not when I have so much to make up for," he continued, fists balled with fury.

The nurse then put the injection back to the medical kit, sighing. "Well then, since you said it, I won't inject it." With that, she left the hospital room.

Luhan stayed by her side the whole night. He sang to her, told stories and even reflected. "I know that I have broken your trust... But... Can you please forget about all those and start over with me? Give me another chance please... I didn't realise what I had until... Now. When... When there's a chance that I might lose it. And... I... I don't want that to happen," he told her.

Fluttering her eyes open, she slowly turned her head to Luhan with an emotionless look. The latter was shocked. He paused for a moment before hugging her gently with tears clouding in his eyes.

"I want to tell you something that I never told you before..." He whispered to her ear.

Kyungmi gathered all her energy just to asked what it was in a weak tone.

"I love you... I love you so so much," he said.

The doctors who were keeping their eyes on Kyungmi were surprised of the sudden decrease of her sickness. She was recovering slowly. Not that fast but not too slow either.

"Love can really solve anything"


"Baba!" A kid came running to Luhan.

"Ugh, this ," Kyungmi groaned and slumped down the chair, facing the swimming pool.

"Hello my baby Hanbyul~" Luhan cooed as he lifted the kid up and carried him to Kyungmi. "Look! Your mommy feels lonely," he said while pointing to Kyungmi. The girl groaned at his childishness and looked away.

Hanbyul and Luhan approached her and started showing their aegyo. "Mommy!" Hanbyul sat on her lap. "How long are we going to stay here? I don't want to leave this place!" He smiled.

Kyungmi looked at Luhan and asked, "Jagi, why'd you bring us here anyway?"

Luhan sat next to her and put his arm around her shoulder. Kissing her cheek, he said, "Let's have some healing time, hm? It's been a month since we got married. For real, I mean."

Kyungmi chuckled and leaned in to kiss him lightly. Hanbyul smiled like an idiot before he started running around the house, teasing his parents.


Luhan definitely changed. He wasn't the same old playboy the previous year. He was Luhan. The Luhan that Kyungmi dated and the Luhan that she fell for. Ever since that incident, he treasured Kyungmi a lot. He didn't realise what he had until her felt the pain, the guilt. Putting the sadness aside, they were a family now. A happy one. And neither of them are thinking of anything bad to ruin their family. They loved one another. All those sad moments were long forgotten after their second marriage. Or more like, real marriage. Unlike their previous ring, their ring now had engraved words. With Luhan's having the words "I'm married" to tell girls that he didn't want to date them. Kyungmi's ring had the words "Luhan + Kyungmi" to let the people around her know who she's married to.

They have started a new life. A better life. Finally, their family was complete. Luhan changed, Kyungmi recovered and Hanbyul was born.

Life isn't a bed of roses. It's a maze where you'd encounter obstacles and find a way to make it to the bright side.


"Kyungmi"

"What?"

"I'm hungry"

"I'll go cook"

"Can I have you for dinner?"

"Daddy and Mommy are gonna make another baby?"

"WHAT?!"

 

 


Author's Note

Tada~~~! xD
Well, is it nice?
I find the last part funny xD
Not really sure why
Anywayyyy... I was crying before I wrote this
It's half real half fake o.o
You get what I mean, right? 
Kay, I have to go now xD
I still have so much homework