9:02PM

Alone, But Not Lonely

     “That wasn’t fair,” panted Myungsoo. He was out of breath from catching and wrestling Sungyeol. “There are too many songs with that title.”
      “Whatever,” panted Sungyeol, rubbing his sore legs, “that game was kind of boring, anyway.”
      The two of them were sitting side by side again, against the wall. Myungsoo only let Sungyeol call truce once he thwacked him on the head three times. It was late in the evening now, and neither of them cared about being left behind anymore. They accepted that this was their fate. If they really needed to, Sungyeol would call his mother and ask her to stop by with some groceries.
      “I’ll be right back,” said Myungsoo. Sungyeol nodded and Myungsoo went to retrieve his laptop. He sat back down next to Sungyeol and turned it on.
      “Are you going to watch a cartoon?” asked Sungyeol.
     Ignoring the question, Myungsoo stuck in a USB and Sungyeol was surprised to see a list of hundreds of photos appear on the screen.
      “Where did you find the time to take all these?” he asked.
      “Usually during break, when most of you guys go out or sleep,” Myungsoo explained nonchalantly. Sungyeol was impressed. Speechless.

      He watched as Myungsoo picked some photos to edit. It looked very complicated to him, but he was sure Myungsoo knew what he was doing. They sat in silence for a while, and Sungyeol rested his head against Myungsoo’s shoulder. He could feel his eyelids grow heavy…
      “Tired?” asked Myungsoo as he glanced over at Sungyeol. When Sungyeol didn’t respond, he did a double take. He waved a hand in front of Sungyeol’s face and smirked when there was no response.
      Myungsoo was tempted to wake Sungyeol up as he was earlier this morning, but thought better of it. Despite all of the day’s struggles, he was glad to be stuck in the dorm with Sungyeol of all people. At this point, he had a good guess as to why Sungyeol wanted to keep him up.
      “Goodnight, Sungyeol-ah,” he whispered as he lightly pet his friend’s hair.