11:24AM

Alone, But Not Lonely

     Myungsoo and Sungyeol finished clearing out the fridge and sat at the kitchen table. It was still quite early in the day, not even noon yet. The two of them stared at their phones as they slouched against the table. Neither of them knew what to say. They each had tried to get within reach of the members, but nobody seemed to be answering.
      “Do you think they went on vacation without us?” asked Sungyeol.
      “No, they wouldn’t do that.” Myungsoo blinked. “Is there an interview we were supposed to go to?”
      “Not that I know of,” answered Sungyeol. “Besides, they can’t do one without us.”
      Myungsoo grunted in agreement and unlocked his phone. He refreshed his IM once more. Still nothing.
      “What if we get in trouble?” asked Sungyeol.
     His question raised new questions for Myungsoo. If they were in trouble, what would it be for? They’ve both been trying to get in contact with the manager, but he just wasn’t answering. Why hadn’t the other members woken them up? If it was that important, they wouldn’t be feeling as abandoned as they did now.
      The worst part of it was that now that their fridge had been cleared, it was ever more apparent that there wasn’t enough to make a meal with. They weren’t even allowed to go out in public unless they had a manager present, so what were they supposed to do about food?
      Myungsoo sighed and slumped over. “I’m hungry…”