two

the second chance i won't let slip away

It might be only a slight hug from friend to friend whom he never met again after graduation day in high school. Maybe it only spent like a half of minute before Minseok break away from the hug. But trust me, i felt much more than that.

His smile didn't leave his face even after he hugged me. Showing how happy he is to meet me. Well we used to be a best friend alongside with the other 10 people. And me and minseok were exceptionally a little bit closer to each other more than to the others. We used to be..  Let say inseparable.

"luhan?" he called my name, snapped me from my wandering thoughts.

"ah yes minseok?"

He giggles. "luhan! This is how you react to your long-not-met friend?!" he made an angry expression with his adorable face.

" 'ah yes minseok?' is there no emotion at all?!" he mimicked me.

I laugh so hard looking at him. Why it seems like he didn't age at all. It seems like, minseok that stand right in front of me is 17 years old minseok who was my best friend. All the awkwardness, uncertainty that running in my head, are all gone.

This is one of his.. How should i say it. His power. He can make all the people around him feel comfortable really fast. I don't know how he can do that. I assumed maybe it's because he is just really honest and kind. And it looks like that traits didn't wear off out of growing up phase.

"i'm sorry minseok. It's just like a dream to meet you", i said after my laughter calm down.

"ah ah. It should be me who need to say that. You are in freaking korea right now and where do you think i live?".

I scratch my neck, let out a small laugh.

"well you know. It's been 5 years since last time i met you. And we lost contact at all... Of course met you coincidentally in here feels like a dream for me." I smile at him while minseok just looking at me. Glimpse of sadness showing in his eyes, and guilty....

The memory seems like it getting rewinded. And the pain starting to peep out of its hideout.

There's a long silence. Just two of us standing, facing each other but our eyes glued to the floor like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

Good choice of words luhan you dumb.

Minseok lifts his head and looks at me. "luhan..." "i..."

Even through his voice i could see how hard it was for him. Whatever minseok gonna say i just didn't wanna hear it.

I realized this is the moment for me and minseok to cherish and remind about our friendship. This is not the time to talk about the past. And it won't bring anything for us other than drifting us apart again.

"by the way minseok what did you do in here?" i smile. The smile that i didn't even try to make it more convincing. Because no matter how hard i try minseok will know it's a fake one.

Minseok looks hesitant, whether he needs to continue what he's going to say or follow me. But i know as soon as he heard me change the subject he looked relieve. We're still not ready to talk about it.

"uhmm. Well.... ", a tint pink colouring his chubby cheeks. Is it just my eyes or is he really blushing?

"how about you luhan?! Why did you come to korea?! And since when?!".

I laughed. 

"you don't need to shout minseok. My ears still attach in my head. Or is that how much do you want to know?" i smirked at him. 

He puffed his cheeks as a sign of annoyance. Just like the old times.

"of course I really wanna know it so much. Because hannie is really an awesome photographer! I'm your fan! I'm curious why are you coming to korea. Do you have a work in here?" he makes his voice high pitched like the usual tone he usually used to tease me.

! He mocked me and here i'm turning into tomato.

"how the do you know about it minseok?!" this time i'm the one who shouted.

"shushh. Word luhan. It's an exhibition you can't talk too loud." he whispered with a playful smile playing on his face.

I let out a groan. "minseok how do you know that? Di.. Did you see my works?"

He laughed. A sweet melody rings into my ears.

"of course i saw it. Do you think i will compliment you without saw your works first? I'm not that kind of type, luhan eventhough you are my best best friend." I wanna pinch his cheeks for being an adorable annoying one.

He looked around exhibition and suddenly stopped and stared at one place behind me. This time he talked with serious tone. "it's seriously so good luhan. I mean your works.... It's really beautiful." his eyes looked like he's dreaming, like it looked at something far far away.

"You can capture the beauty even on things or people that look awful and unattractive. The beauty of the truth. The kind of beauty that is really hard to unravel to our ordinary eyes."

He brings his eyes on me and smiles.

I smile. A satisfactory one.

I can't say how much grateful I am to find someone who understand what i'm trying to shout out through my works. This is the biggest accomplishment for the artist. To be complimented for what exactly we are trying to do.

How much again i could fall deeper into you.

"oh by the way i knew it from tao!" minseok laughed.

"he suddenly came to me and said 'luhan hyung becomes a famous photographer. But sadly he only took pictures like this or i will ask him to make portfolio for me' "

I laughed. this brat never changed.

"tell him i will take his photo if he's brave enough to not use any bb cream at all", i smirked.

Minseok laughed out loud while holding his stomach and i followed him behind. Do our moments already come back? Laughing together like there's never a problem between us?

"by the way, do you still meet the other friends?" i asked.

Minseok nodded his head.

My lips are itching to ask that one name. But nope. I know i shouldn't.

"well recently i met sehun in china. I was shocked to know he already made a name as a model. Even transfered to china to do some walking. That brat!"

"ah! I remembered lay said that he would do long distance relationship with sehun but i forgot to ask why because he called me at midnight, sobbing like he won't ever meet sehun again, while i'm just about to get my whole week worth sleep." he sighed.

Well. It just comes to my head. I didn't know what minseok do now. And even the first question left unanswered. What did he do in here? Is he xiumin's fan too?

I smiled to myself. What a really good coincidence.

"minseok?"

He hummed as the answer.

"why are you in here? Are you xiumin's fans too?" i asked.

He looked back at me with huge eyes. His expression is really funny, like he really find the question unexpected.

"umm. Well... You first!" again his cheeks are blushing.

When i'm going to answer he cut me out. " you said xiumin's fans too? Are you xiumin's fans?" he asked with unbelievable sound in his voice.

"Well what do you think i'm doing here minseok? actually i came to korea just so I can meet xiumin."

"i... mmm.. I'm actually his hardcore fans." i scratched my neck. 

A gasp came out from minseok's lips.

"really?!! Well hmm.. wha.. What do you like from.. You know his books?" he stuttered. Okay this's becoming weird. What is it between minseok and xiumin?

"before i answer, you left my question hanging you know. Answered my question first." i demanded.

"please answer me first after that i will answer okay?" he pleaded.

I looked at him with scrunching eyebrows, but he pleaded at me again. And sure i'm surrender at his cute plead.

"well. It feels like every stories xiumin told were really close to our reality. Like xiumin wants to tell that our story worth to be listened. Worth to be shared. It's really moving and touching. Even i found one about me." i let out a small chuckle remembering that one book.

"I don't know how xiumim did it. But xiumin must be understood people really well. People's problems and conditions around him/her. And what i like the most xiumin isn't judgemental. He/she just asked us to sit, read and think. Think of what should we do from now on. learn from the past. That's all"

I hope he won't shout freak at me like sehun. 

But no. He's crying.

I freaked out. Did i say something wrong. I tried to calm him down and asked why, but he shaked his head and let out a shaky 'nothing'.

He lifted his face with tears traced left in his cheeks.

"thanks luhan. I'm one of the luckiest writer ever" he smiled really wide.