Chapter 5

Finally Knowing

“Do you remember me?”

The first question she’s bombarded with the moment she made contact with her seat.

“Who is he? I thought I was your only was you boy friend.”

That was the second hissed in her ear.

Great. Psychology is going to be fun, Ji Hae thought. Being stuck between Peter and Jackson was the most tiresome that she never expected to happen.  

“I’m the romantic male lead to your manga.” Jackson smiled at her as he held out his hand as if he expected her to hold it.

“What! Seriously. Who is this guy and why have you never told me about him before. I’m so disappointed in you Yoo Ji Hae.” Peter crossed his arms and shook his head at her.

As she was stuck between never ending questions.

It was hard to concentrate.

If wasn’t question then it would long hard stares directed to her and then to the other male component, as if the other was trying to figure out who held a more important status in JiHae’ life. Which was great, as if she didn’t have to be in between them for 6 hours per week, she scoffed at her own thoughts and buried her face into her hands.

 

It was tiring for a her.

 

She was never sat next to boys in high school who actually talked to her in class. They all thought she was a mute or that she was just plain boring. Her sister would all the time about how she even got a boyfriend despite the lack of communication skills to the opposite gender. Hence why she was so sure that her boyfriend was not really her boyfriend.

 

Which so suddenly brought the thought of JiHae boyfriend back into her mind. She first met him in the tiny cafe she worked in. He was the boy that only Ji Hae thought was at least decent in the tiny town she lived in. Her father was close his father and so they had naturally grown up together so they, well JiHae, thought that it would be natural to date each other. It’s not like their fathers didn’t secretly hope for them to marry each other anyway. Finally thinking of her boyfriend made her remember his lat reply.

It had been a day since his last reply.

I’m fine.

 

That was it. That was all he had to say to her after not contacting her for the past week, but this was their relationship.

 

As soon as the lecture ended Peter had forcefully dragged JiHae to eat lunch with him leaving behind a fumbling Jackson trying to shove all his belongings into a bag looking at them both getting further away from him.

As they were in the cafeteria at the table with the tray of food in front of them each Peter, who was complaining about hungry he was the way,  was suddenly more interested in the previous interaction between Jackson and JiHae.

“Okay missy, spill. Who is he?” He pointed his fork at her.

“He’s just a guy who sits next to me in psychology you see him too, why?”

“Why? Why!” Peter threw both his arms in the air. JiHae noted that he kinda liked to exaggerate sometime, well most of the time. “From this short time I’ve known you, I know that you don’t like to make a lot of friends. So to have a guy flirting with you. This is so big deal.”

“It’s not a big deal, Peter.”

“It is a big deal. I gotta tell Misun this.” He pulled out his phone then paused at look at her as his eyes grew in size. “Oh my God. You’re not going to abandon us for him are you? We haven’t known each other long enough for you to do this to us JiHae.

Ji Hae rolled her eyes and made a note to herself again. Peter likes to exaggerated all the time.

 

That night her father called.

“Hey you. How are you doing?” Just the sound of her father’s voice made JiHae feel a wave of home rush through her and brought tears to her eyes.

“Good.”

“That’s great to hear. Have you been eating well? Have you made friends? Do you need some money?”

“Dad. I’m doing fine. Yes I’m eating otherwise I probably wouldn’t be answering this phone call in fact I’ve been eating with my newly made friends in the cafeteria. You must be so excited to hear that.” She could just feel her dad beaming at that sentence.

“Yes. I’m glad you’re adjusting well. I told you were going to be fine.” There was a silence.

“You’re sister misses you.”

“Thanks dad I miss you too.”

“Too obvious?”

“A little.”

“Yeah I’m never great with this kind of stuff. I miss you. Goodnight.”

“Night dad.”

That night Ji Hae slept she slept a little easier than the other nights.  

 

 

A/N:

Short chapter again and I'm sorry for no updates. I've been busy with school work

But hey summer break is coming up soon for me so hopefully I'll be updating more.

Any errors will be corrected later :)