Chapter 3

Finally Knowing

Peter was constantly bugging JiHae throughout the whole lecture, be it either through poking her and pretending that he wasn't the culprit or just constantly trying to engage in a whisper conversation with her.

To try and block out Peter she slightly turned her body to only meet eyes with the boy beside her. He smiled at her and stuck out her hand.  JiHae stared at his hand, that was invading into her table, in confusion.

"This is where you shake it." The boy said in a low whisper.

She slowly accepted the handshake with a nervous laughter, but let go as soon as they made contact.

The boy leaned over and rested his elbow onto her table. "I see you're not enjoying the company beside you."  They both peered over to Peter, who seemed to be dramatically whispering to himself.  JiHae giggled slightly at how serious he was even though no one was listening. Then she saw the boy watching her so she stopped.

"Jackson, by the way." JiHae felt his breath brush against her arm resting on the table beside his elbow. Her head snapped snapped to look at him again, the sudden movement made raised his eyebrows.

A boy hasn't invaded her personal space in a long time, not even Chanhyuk her boyfriend of a year has ever been this close. Which could also explain why he hasn't texted her back yet.

"Now this is the moment where you tell me your name." He smiled at her again. He was friendly, she could tell, it was literally just flowing out from him.

"JiHae." She mumbled, lowing her head.

He giggled like a highschool girl, before pulling a serious face while staring at he front. "Cute."

 

Everything after the whole psychology lecture seemed like a blur, she was too mentally drained to focus on what was going on. All she wanted to do was roll up in her blankets and sleep, so she didn't really know the reason as to why Peter was following her to her dorm room.

Once they reached the door JiHae froze and Peter peered over her shoulder. "Well aren't you gonna let me in?"

JiHae turned around. "I don't know?"

"Why not? If I can ask as to why you are rejecting this magnificent presence?" Peter laughed.

"Well... I don't really know you?" JiHae watched his face be shrunken by shock as he placed both hands on his chest.

"Are you kidding? I met you yesterday! We are in the same psychology class. I just sat next to you for three hours!" He was still in shock.

"Yeah, but I don't know about letting a guy into the room. The situation still seems too..." JiHae didn't know what to say.

"Too?" Peter's eyebrows arched.

"...Too strange."

"Really?" His arms dropped to his sides and he sighed. "I thought we were gonna make great friends" He pouted.

If you make at least one friend, you're going to be fine.

JiHae sighed. She hesitated. This is the process of making friends. Right?

"Fine. If you start doing anything weird, I'm going to have to kick you out." She unlocked the door and entered.

"Yes sir!" He saluted the back of her head and followed her into the room.

"Hey, freshman you're back."

There were two girls in her room.

 

"And you brought Peter with you." SooYeon was sitting at her desk as she greeted the two.

"Hey." The girl sitting on SooYeon's bed greeted the two as well.

"Misun? What are you doing here?" Peter plopped himself on the same bed as her

"I didn't know you were SooYeon's roommate?" Misun said. "What a coincidence huh?" She smiled at JiHae.

"You guys know each other?" JiHae asked

"Yeah, I know Misun through Park Jungyu who is my cousin, unfortunately" SooYeon mumbled the last part.

"I heard that!" Peter, or Park Jungyu, threw a pillow at Sooyeon, who successfully dodged the flying object. "I like to go by the name Peter. Park Jungyu isn't like me."

"And Peter is?" MiSun snorted.

Taking a step away from all the banter, JiHae sat herself at her desk and started look look over her notes she made in psychology.

"What are you doing?" Peter asked tapping on her chair.

JiHae turned around and saw him sprawled on the floor, his legs and arms seemed to long for his body, humming to a song. "Looking over notes I made."

He whistled "Dedication, on the first day."

"Yeah, because unlike you she's going places after university. Not like you with your weird sea life creatures." MiSun said slightly kicking him on the floor.

"Hey! It called marine biology okay" Peter retorted.

SooYeon sighed and buried her face in her hands in frustration. "Can we not start talking about marine biology in my room, or else I'm kicking everyone out."

"But it's JiHae's room too." Peter stated. "What about when you're not here?"

When JiHae jumped into her bed a night and switched off the light, the moment where the darkness consumed the room. She kept her eyes open and listened. She could hear the soft breathing of her roommate, the muffled music from a dorm room, occasional footsteps out in the corridors.

Surprisingly, this would have made her miss her own quiet peaceful room, but it didn't. It would be a lie if she had said that she didn't mind it, but it felt like she was adjusting to this new environment.

That she would be okay.

That maybe she could make a new home here now.

 

A/N:

I finally introduced Jackson! Any errors will be edited later. I'm too tired right now T^T.

Enjoy^^.