Chapter 4

Finally Knowing

Finally. The class she had been waiting for, English creative writing, as boring as that may seemed JiHae loved it. The moment she entered her class she was greeted with a students already claiming their seats with the too new looking bags and thought that went into their layers of clothing. She quickly slipped into the seat closest to her pulling out her notebook and a pen turning to the new crisps page. She was ready. She had been waiting ever since she filled out her university forum and the classes she wanted to take

As soon as the professor entered the class the whole room went silent and all eyes watched as her short figure hopped onto the desk and sat there staring back at the class. Her lips spread into a tight lipped smile and the first questions she asked was.

“Why do we write?”

The class didn’t respond until she pointed at a boy in her range and asked again. “Why do we write?”

He hesitated before answering “To express yourself?”

“Well that could be, so why do we write?”

A girl picked up her couraged and said “To be creative”

The professor nodded in agreement and encouraged the whole class to join in the discussion. JiHae thought about it why does she write. She scribbled the question on the first line of her new book.

“We write to create a meaning” Another girl answered. To create a new world. Ji Hae scribbled underneath the question

“To create a meaning.”The class seemed to be very engaged with the discussion but JiHae continued to stare at the question on the first line of her new book. To create a new world.

“To discover yourself.” To be someone else. To disappear   

When class had finished JiHae walked back to her dorm she hesitated in front her room door. She made a u-turn, she had no destination in mind but she just ended up outside on the grassy field where other students were lying in group enjoying the warmth of the Sun. Tempted she flung her bag off her shoulder and sat down in the grass underneath a tree. She leaned against the tree took out her headphones plug it into her phone and listened to music.

She pulled out the notes from her earlier class and started to write. She had to start the assignment due by the end of this month that her creative writing professor had given her, which was a short creative passage about everything, which didn’t help since she could literally write about anything and with no topic in mind she would have to start early or else she would not start at all. she just let her pen write down whatever came to mind and she could just redraft it afterwards. Two paragraphs in and then she was hit with a scent a clean musky cologne.

She saw two eyes intently staring eyes at her.

“Are you usually this focused when you’re writing?” He whispered into her her.

Then it all hit her she only had headphone in the other was in the person hand. It was the guy from her psychology class, Jackson. He was really close to her. He just whispered in her in. She shot back in shock and tugged out her headphone from her other ear.

“What are you doing?” She asked, he was still staring at her, kneeling down with his necklace dangling from his neck, smiling.

“Well I was going to grab lunch when I saw you completely like you was out of a like romantic manga you know? With your hair blowing in the wind and you completely focused on doing whatever you was doing. And so I thought I had to come to talk to you. You know Why?” He didn’t wait for her to answer. “Because the guy in the romantic manga does it and the girl falls in love with the guy. But you were so focused you didn’t even notice me.” He pouted.

JiHae did not know how to respond to this guy. “Okay… It was nice meeting you here.” She tugged the other headphone out of his hand and started to pack up. She stood up, she waited if he was going to say anything, but he didn’t so JiHae smiled and started to make his way back to her dorm.

“It’s Jackson by the way!” He called out as she was leaving “In case you don’t remember.”

JiHae turned back “I remember.” She called out back and he broke into a smile, she awkwardly waved before turning her back on him and hurried back to her dorm. She had no idea why she had lamely replied to him like that.

 

 

 

A/N:

A really short chapter T^T

It's been a very long time and to be honest I have no excuse. But i will try to update more often (no promises made there) Any mistike will be corrected but right now I need to sleep.

Also I'm trying to fit in more Jackson scene there isn't enough but I'm also trying to biuld up JiHae character and the story so do understand.

Enjoy !

:)