Chapter 1

Finally Knowing

There was a girl in her room.

 A petite girl with a hue of red to orange hair with the ends bleached blonde that contrasted against her pale skin. JiHae subconsciously touched the ends of her plain black hair. She looked back down to her sheet of paper, 933, she glanced at the door. This must be her roommate.

"You must be Yoo JiHae" the girl didn't even look at her "Are you just going to stand there?"

JiHae noticed that she was awkwardly standing in the doorway with her belongings by her side. The girl turned around and offered her hand towards JiHae. "I'm Go SooYeon."

JiHae fumbled around slightly with the stuff she was holding, before hesitantly shaking SooYeon's hand and mumbling her name, Sooyeon took a step back into the room and pointed to a side of the room jumbled with her belongings.

"I already claimed this side of the room, but if you have problems with the other side of the room I don't mind swapping."

"No, it's fine." JiHae replied picking up her suitcase before dragging it into the empty side of the room.

"I'm going to go grab some lunch, you coming?" SooYeon picked up bag and slung it over her shoulder walking towards the door and stopped for JiHae to answer.

JiHae hesitated "Sorry, maybe next time." Sooyeon shrugged at her response and left.

JiHae took her time to scan her new surroundings, she noticed that the room had the bare essentials for students a wooden desk to work at with a chair tucked in, a simple wardrobe and a plain bed. She let out a long sigh and her legs gave out making her fall onto the bed.

She hated it already.

From the murmured voices of the students next door, to the horrible grey carpet underneath her feet. It was all too different.

She checked her phone, nothing. Chanhuyk must be busy adapting to his new university too.

For once, she missed him.

 

"It's going to be a beautiful new adventure for you." She remembered these exact words her sister had told her back in June, when she had just filled out her university housing forums.

"I still remember my university days, it was the best time of my life. You're going to be fine." JiHae questioned these words of her sister. Was she really going to be fine?

She already felt as if she would have a melt down the moment she stepped onto campus and completely shut down the moment she met her roommate. She laid down on the bed a curled up into a bull closing her eyes. She just needed time to get use to this. Hopefully.

 

"This is what university is all about." Her sister sat on her bed above all the suitcases, boxes, clothes and necessities piled on the floor. "Independence. Living on your own. Doesn't that appeal to you in anyway?"

"I've shared a house for 18 years of my life, I don't see what the problem is." JiHae stared at the boxes.

It hit her.

She was leaving soon. Somewhere miles away from home, a 6.5 hour drive away from comfort. She's never been this far away from home before and it scared her

It really hit her when her dad was driving the 6.5 hour journey to where she would live for the next 3 years.

It worried her.

From the new environment, people, all the new things she had to learn and how to survive by herself. It made her heart pound in fear and her laboured her breathing.Anxiety was pumping through her as she stared helplessly out the window of the car, slowly moving away from the place she grew up in.

 

When JiHae had woke up from her nap she took a short moment to remember where she was, she then noticed the sun was sinking almost gone from the sky. Her stuff were still displayed on the grey carpet and her roommate's belonging still in the same position. She was hungry and had no idea where the cafeteria was.

She decided that feeding herself was more important than unpacking so she left her room and entered the hallway. Some doors were open and inside were students bonding together, JiHae felt slightly envious of the sight. As her dad would always tell her "If you make friends on the first day of school, you're gonna be just alright." That send another wave of worry over her.

 She stood waiting for the elevator, even though she had no idea where she was going, once the doors opened inside were a guy and a girl already inside. She alighted the elevator, she had to know where the cafeteria was she felt her stomach grumble in protest for not feeding it, she glanced at the two people talking to each beside her. Her heart rate increased and her palms grew sweaty.

Here goes nothing. "Erm, excuse me" she had caught the two people's attention.

"D-do you...er...know where the dining hall is?"

Great.

She just had to stutter like an idiot.

 The guy smiled and responded "Yeah, we're heading there as well. Just follow us. But I don't know if we will make there, we're just trusting the direction we got off some senior. Or I think he was senior anyway, he looked like one. But he could just be old looki-"

"Peter. Shut up." The girl cut him off.

"Don't be so rude, MiSun." The guy placed a hand over his chest and let out a dramatic cry.

"Oh, are you guys’ freshmen as well?" JiHae asked. If you make at least one friend you're gonna be fine.

JiHae made her way to the cafeteria with her new fellow freshmen, who got lucky, as they knew each other since high school and ended up attending the same university together. She managed to get dinner and was invited to sit with the two people she just met. Happily, she accepted the offer, she wasn’t ready to sit alone to eat it was too early for her to try the new experience.

“So, JiHae was it?” She nodded at the boy question and he beamed at her, he turned to the girl sitting beside him and whispered “I like her already.” In response she rolled her eyes and mumbled "You like everyone."

“I’m Peter” he extended his hand for her to shake. “This is Misun here beside me.” He introduced to JiHae who looked from her plate to smile at her.

“It’s nice to meet you guys.” JiHae said as she had felt that she had to say something to them and then focused back to her pasta. Throughout the meal Peter talked. He talked a lot. With MiSun occasionally butting in to call him stupid or how his logic didn’t make sense.

Once the meal was over JiHae bid farewell to the two and headed back to her room.

She fumbled with her key in front of the door while trying to avoid all the overly friendly eye contact with the other students in the hallway. Once she entered, she found that her roommate had decided not to comeback at all as everything remained the same it was before she had left for lunch.

Heaving out a sigh, JiHae stared to unpack her belongings, she placed all her clothes in the wardrobe provided. She placed her favourite books on the shelf above the desk, photos of her family onto the desk and replaced the bed covers with her own and her favourite Winnie the Pooh bear that has been with her since she was born, and it showed as his nose was flat, his fur was no longer yellow and his shirt rolled up too high. Even though she wasn't the biggest Winnie the Pooh fan, she never would have the heart to throw it away.

She didn’t have a lot of belongings, but slowly she started to feel as if she could get used to how the way this looked. As long as she didn’t turn around and have to see that someone else uses the room as well.

Maybe tomorrow will be better...

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Hello!

So that was the first chapter, I really hoped you enjoyed it. Feel free to leave any comments.

Any mistakes will be corrected later on.

Thank you ^^.