The Past That Brought Them To Be Here

The Immortal Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            I opened my eyes and I was surprised because suddenly I was lying on my own bed and everybody just stared at me, 6 of them. What actually happened to me? Ah— I remembered. Baekhyun bit me already and I really didn’t remember the next. Everyone suddenly came closer to me and starred at me with a worried glance, especially Baekhyun. I tried to sit but my body refused it. I was feeling so weak.

            “It happened every time you got the first bite from vampire. You feel so weak as if you already don’t have blood in your body. But, it doesn’t take a long time. All you can do now is resting,” Suho explained me and now I wasn’t confused anymore. This feeling is no joke, so many times I felt that I’m weak such as after exercising, but it’s totally different. He’s right, I felt like I don’t have any blood again in my body. I felt like I can’t do anything except open my eyes, even change the position seemed hard too.

            “Ahra-ya, are you alright?” Baekhyun came closer to me and asked me worrily.

            “As you see, I can do nothing unless lying on my bed like this,” chuckled me to make sure that I was feeling alright now.

            “So—sorry that I couldn’t handle myself. I don’t mean—“

            “Liar! You even did in a public place, hyung. That’s dangerous!” Jongin suddenly interrupted Baekhyun and Chanyeol immediately calmed him.

            “I don’t mean to be like that. But, it’s hard for us to handle that thing when our thirsty feels suddenly attack us. Not to mention, seeing your neck and the smell of your blood even makes me harder to hold. So, once again, I’m sorry. Forgive me, Ahra-ya. I won’t do that in a public place and endanger your own self again,” said Baekhyun with the convinced sight. Because I wasn’t vampire, I didn’t know what it feels when I suddenly got thirsty and should hold it. I understood if I were Baekhyun at that time, but why should be just my blood?

            “Anyone hasn’t answered it yet in the first time we met. What’s wrong with my blood actually? I never felt that I’m special with this blood. So, please tell me what’s my specialty so I can keep it well and not to act carelessly,” nobody wanted to answer. Baekhyun just made his head down but now he was in front of me. Chanyeol pretended to see something throught window while I knew there’s nothing at there. Kyungsoo looked straight without seeing me. At the first time I opened my eyes, Sehun was already with his headset on his ears. Jongin threw his side right after I saw him, he dodged me. Suho seemed flustered, how to say it to me.

            “Your dad wanted us not to tell anything about the real you,” said Kyungsoo finally.

            “I believe sooner or later you’ll know it by yourself. Just wait for the time comes, Ahra-ya. Ah, don’t overthink about it, right? You have to take a lot of rest to make your body recovered,” said Chanyeol which didn’t give me the answer that I wanted.

            “Okay, since Ahra needs time to take a rest, let’s just leave this room and let Ahra takes a rest. Ahra-ssi, have a lot of rest and get well very soon,” said Suho as he walked towards the door and left this room. Everbody started to follow Suho except Baekhyun. He was still sitting beside me and waited until all of them were out.

            “Because it’s my fault and you think I’m so dumb because I do many bad things to you more than my 5 other friends do, so let me stay here until you’re getting better. Wait up, I wanna make tea for us and let’s have a talk. Since it’s boring that you’re just lying like that,” said Baekhyun while smiled playfully and walked out of my room. I even haven’t said yes yet to agree it but he left already. Felt like I found the new Baekhyun. He was different from before. Maybe, this was his charming side that he rarely showed it. I just realized one thing. No matter how much naughty, heartless, and mean Baekhyun was, he knew that he had responsibility to do with his action. He should paid what he has done. Thinking about Baekhyun made me feels tired and sleepy. I wanted to wait Baekhyun but my eyes didn’t say so. I couldn’t hold it and my eyes gradually closed and I fell asleep that easily.

***

            “Ahra-ya, are you awake?” Baekhyun asked me as I opened my eyes after taking a nap. That boy really waited me and didn’t go anywhere just like what he said. He sat besides my bed with a glass of wine and starred at me while waited for my answer. No, that’s not a wine. It was blood because I smelled something rancid. I tried to change my position and I felt better after sleeping for many minutes, or hours. Baekhyun gave me a cup of tea that he brought and I drank it slowly. It was no longer hot. I thought I slept for many hours.

            “Thank you. How long did I sleep anyway?” I asked Baekhyun curiously.

            “Hmm about two hours. This is my third glass anyway. So long in waiting you wake up,” said Baekhyun and smiled playfully. He sipped the glass and felt disgusted. Then, I sipped my tea to calm myself.

            ”You can leave me if you want. I’m feeling better now.”

            “No, to pay my fault, let me tell you a story,” said Baekhyun and succeeded making me curious.

            “What is that?” I asked him carefully. He putted his legs on my bed and sat as if he was a big boss with the glass of blood in it. He sough a bit and seemed thinking about something. He was quite for a second, and finally opened his mouth to start telling me.

            “It was back when I was young...”

***

            Baekhyun hid himself in the back of tree and peeked for someone who was counting from 10 to 1. He waited until that person finished the counting. He gave a signal to someone who’s hiding too in a place near him, not to run before he gave a signal. That person nodded as he understood. Baekhyun smiled with satisfaction. That person did a huge smile in response to Baekhyun. The seeker finally finished counting the number and he started to find the players who were hiding. They were playing hide and seek.

            “Guys, where are you?” The seeker slowly looked for the players but still not going too far from the place he stood. No one replied him. But, after a second, there’s someone ran behind the seeker and the seeker turned back quickly to catch that player. Unfortunately, that player ran into the place where there’s another player who hid there. So, it’s a fortune for the seeker that he could catch two hide players in a row. When the seeker busy with those two players, Baekhyun gave a signal to person who hid near him to get out now and touched the wall that the seeker tried to protect (means win).

            Baekhyun ran first and the person who hid near Baekhyun ran after him. They ran fast and when the seeker was still busy with those two hide players, it’s a chance for Baekhyun and that person to win. When the seeker realize that there’s somebody went near to the wall that he protected, he ran to protect the wall but Baekhyun and that person were too fast to miss that precious moment. Baekhyun and that person touched the wall and they won the game. They wouldn’t be the seeker for the next round because they won this round. The seeker seemed disappointed but he continued the game by chasing those two players that he still dealed with.

            “We did it, Sehun-ah!” Baekhyun offered a high-five to Sehun and Sehun replied it fast.

            “Yes, you have a good strategy, hyung.”

            Finally, the seeker succeeded to catch those two players and one of those players would be the seeker in the next round. They gathered in front of the wall and took a rest for a while befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter