Looking for Something Lost

A Lone White Rose

1 week later....

Inside the same cafe Key and Qui-stel broke up in, a group of friends were hanging out, drinking coffee. Four were loud and gleeful while one was quiet and reserved.

Key stared at the empty, blank cellphone screen. Qui-stel hadn't text or call him since the last time they saw each other. Which sadly, nothing had gone well.

A empty sachet of sugar hit Key's face. Right smack on the forehead.

"What the...! Ya! Taemin, why did you do that?" Key grumbled at the youngest of the bunch. Swatting away the empty sachet which was hanging on to his bangs.

"You were staring at your phone while Taemin was talking! What was he supposed to do?" Onew defended the pouting Maknae.

"It's called calling my name, Taemin," Key said bitterly.

"It's called, duh, I have been calling your attention for a while now," Taemin snapped back. Forgetting their .

Key decided not to dig a deeper hole. Shaking his head, he looked out the window where something caught his attention. A girl with bright orange mittens was signaling him to come out with very exaggerated gestures and big circles. Key looked over his friends, hoping none of them noticed the surely noticeable girl. A sigh of relief. They were all caught up on Taemin's stupid story.

"Excuse me," Key said, but nobody listened...Because of Taemin's stupid story...Aish, Key hated that kid today.

Taking his time, Key leisurely walked out the cafe and slowly made his way towards the girl. The girl was now panting out air like an air pump, her backpack strap was now slowly falling dow her shoulder and her bangs were all bundled up together.

"What do you need, Yo-min?" Key said, rolling his eyes at the rainbow colored girl.

"You don't have to be so cold! Hey, your lucky I'm evening asking you nicely," Yo-Min spat at him. A slight irritation glowing in her eyes.

Key stared at the girl. Yo-Min fixed her bangs and placed the strap of her bag where it should be, before staring at Key with the same amount of coldness. Key raised his eyebrow, telepathically telling her to spill the beans before he would leave.

"Whatever! Ok, I'll just ask you this, then I'm done talking to you. I know you and Qui-stel are over...."

"You don't have to say that," Key -in.

"And you shouldn't cut me off while I'm talking. Anyway...I just want to know where she is then I'll move out of your life," Yo-min huffed, fiddling with the little pom-pom like things hanging off of her mittens.

Key stared Yo-min down. Why was she asking him this? He didn't know where Qui-stel is...

"If your just going to stare at me, I might as well kick your face in..." Yo-min said, irritated.

"I don't know where Qui-stel is," Key said coolly.

"You know if you want to fight right here, right now I can....Wait, what did you say?" Yo-min started before realizing he answered.

"I said, I don't know where Qui-stel is....Now, are you done? Can you stop bothering me now. Can't you just call her or something?" Key said, flipping his bangs.

"I have been calling her..." Yo-min said, but she said it more to herself rather than to Key.

Without another word, a word of good-bye or a word of I'mma-kick-your-arse, Yo-min's face slowly turned into a face of panic. And with that last sight, she her heels and disappeared into the busy Korean crowd.

The news that Qui-stel might be lost slowly seeped into Key's brain. Key's face slowly turned wild and worried, his eyes spelling out troublesome. Where could she be? Key thought. Qui-stel wasn't the kind of person who'll disappear to nowhere without no one knowing that she was gone....

But, what if someone did know where she was....What if Key knew where she was...Trusting his gut, Key the car key in his pocket, making sure it was there. He ran towards his parked car and boarded it with impatience.

Key might know where Qui-stel be...Key might be able to prove himself to her once more...