I Don't Wanna Die

You're Special To Me

I don’t have any idea how I got into this situation.

Right now,when I’m supposed to be at home getting ready before going to work in 45 minutes,I am jogging my way around the shops while those people are lingering on the streets.

 I’m really sure I have healing power or something because my ankle got a lot better today while I just got injured yesterday.I wasn’t exaggerating,really.I could already run today.Ridiculous,right?

As I was jogging while holding the key locket to maintain my calmness,I suddenly remembered about the keychain I bought yesterday.The wing keychain,remember? Well,I found this strap at home and used it for the keychain,and poof! It became a phone strap.I got it out from my pocket and put it on my phone before adoring it.

I really loved the glittering silver,it wouldn’t calm me like this key locket,but it gives me a content feeling..

wow I don’t believe I’m saying this.Did I really just say I felt happy seeing a keychain?

 

After almost 45 minutes of walking,jogging and sprinting,I realized I got a few minutes before my shift start and headed to the café.

This morning,the café had quite a number of customer since it’s Saturday,it also means that Sooyeon is here too.I never really thought she would strike a conversation with me first since she looked cold but to my surprise,she started one with me and even smiled at me.Then I noticed how beautiful she is when she smiled.Don’t misunderstand,I’m not falling for her.It’s just that I’ve never really seen her smile,so seeing it for the first time makes me adore her smile.

 

Soon,it’s  lunch time and I was sitting at one of the table in the café,drifting off.I don’t feel like eating yet since our lunch time was a little early especially in weekends so we could work because this café usually got flooded during lunch in weekend.

Having nothing much to do,I just stared outside the glass until someone appeared in front of me; scaring the out of me as I felt the chills come at once and I hold my necklace tighter.

It’s the girl from before,the one who asked for a coffee before.She’s the only one who seemed happy in all those people I’ve seen since I became like this so the chills reduce and thankfully I could calm myself.

“ Why are you looking at me like that? “ I said when she looked at me with this goofy grin on her face.

She shook her face with the same grin plastered on her face and put her elbow on the table before leaning her face on her palms.

Then she looked outside with a content smile and let out a sigh.

I tried to study her face to understand what she was feeling but I guess I'm bad at reading people because her expression was.. unreadable.I can't tell whether she's happy or sad.She might look happy but I wonder what if inside she's collapsing? but she's not a human anyway,and she looked young too.She don't have anything to worry about.No school,no work,no family.Nothing.

Nothing..

My thought was brushed off when I heard the ticking sound of the clock and I got up to go behind the counter.

 

Just right after our lunch time ended,a customer came in and-

Wait..

My eyes widen as soon as I saw him.It’s him.That guy who sprinted out of the café..that guy who those people looked in fear..

But he looked kinda different..like he was collecting some encouragement.Well,I just guess so because he was biting his lips with a slightly worried face and he hesitated when he steps closer to the counter.

He stood in front of me and I thought he was going to order something but instead he called my name after looking at my name tag.

“ K-Kim Taeyeon..are you really Kim Taeyeon? “

Huh? I looked around to make sure if he was talking to someone else but it was just me.Sooyeon is in Miss Sunmi’s office,discussing about something I don’t  know.

And I dumbly pointed at myself.

“ Me?.. “

He just looked at me and I nodded.

“ Y-yes…I’m Kim Taeyeon..May I help you sir? “

He smiled and let out a relieved sigh and I noticed his eyes were a little watery.

But how does he know me? How does he know my name? how-

“ Kim Taeyeon,Kim Changwan’s grand daughter? “

Okay,now how the did he knows my grandfather’s name too?

But that voice sounds familiar though..

Is he someone from high school? I don’t think I’ve seen his face before..except from yesterday,of course.

I nodded again.

“ I’m glad I found you “ He smiled and suddenly grabbed my hand dragging me to one of the seats.I was really scared he was going to kidnap me or something but I didn’t fight.I don’t know why..stupid me.Luckily he really didn’t intended to kidnap me when he asked me to sit down and slumped on the chair next to me.

So I sat down and looked at him questioningly.

“ Taeyeon..I-I don’t know where to start this.. “ He was thinking for a while and then he started.

“ I’ve been searching for you “

“ Why? “

“ Your grandfather..He asked me to look after you ever since high school “

Why do I need a babysitter? I’m a grown up.

“ And who are you anyway?”

“I’m Jungsoo.You don’t know me? “

“ No “

“ Well,I’ve never really talk to you anyway.I went to the same school with you but I understand if you don’t even remember my face,you don’t really socialize back then. “

I guess he was right then.

“ But why do my grandfather even ask someone my age to look after me? “

He let out a breathy chuckle and said “ Actually,I’m not your age,I’ve lived for hundreds of years”

What? Nonsense,do you think I’m gonna believe that,seriously?

“ Anyway,how’s about your...ability?  Do they always bother you? “

What ability?

Oh wait..he knows about that too?

“ Look,I know this is quite sudden,but believe me.I’m not joking.I know you’re Changwan’s heiress.I really thought I lost you,I’m really glad I found you here,I don’t expect it would be like this though.. I searched for you everywhere back then.I never thought you’d move after you graduate.I tried asking your mom and your bestfriend,but she said she don’t know and your mom just wouldn’t tell me no matter how much I try to convince her.I guess you didn’t tell her about your gift? “

Gift? More like curse..Do you even know I live everyday in fear?

“ I really searched for you for 3 months but I guess I just gave up after that-“

“ Taeyeon! “

Suddenly I heard Sooyeon’s voice calling me and both me and Jungsoo turned our head to look at her.

“ Come here,help me “

Then I noticed how customers were already flooding the café and the line at the counter was long.I was quite surprised actually,how quick people fill this café.

I panicked a little and get up quickly to help her.

“ Wait Taeyeon!” Jungsoo called me and I remembered I was talking to him.I still had some questions I got to ask him but Sooyeon was busy and it was quite chaotic so I quickly turned to him and gave me my number.

“ I must go now.Let’s meet some other time okay….umm..after work! I’ll see you after work at 5:30,at the restaurant near the bazaar “

After that I ran back to the counter and prepared the orders.

Customers came and go for about two hours nonstop.

 

In the evening,there was only a few tables occupied and just then I remembered about my promise with Jungsoo.I was wondering who is he?  Why would my grandfather ask some schoolmate to look after me? Why did those people stared at him like that?

I could say Miss Sunmi was quite surprised that I can walk without limping today.She kept asking me if I’m really fine.

 

Once my shift ended,I walked to the employee room to check if I left anything in there.

 

So you’ve met Jungsoo?

What? You know him?

No.Not really.

Who is he actually?

Hmmm..you can say he’s someone important.

What do you mean by important?  You mean like,a CEO of a company? Or a spy?

Hahahaha.No.Not something like that.Well,you’ll know eventually..

 

I stepped out of the café to head to the restaurant I’ve promised to meet Jungsoo earlier.It’s the same restaurant I ate lunch yesterday.I quickly bring my hand up to hold my necklace when the familiar chills come.Being in this condition,it reminds me of that guy..I know I sound stupid but earlier,I feel comfortable with his presence.All these chills I usually feel,just go away when he’s around.

,why did it sounds so cliché?

Wait! No...don’t go..Crouch down..

What?

Crouch down!

I stopped and crouched down while looking around.I noticed some people was staring at me weirdly.

No..run!

What?!  Why what’s wrong?

Run I said run!! Run home,fast!

I started sprinting back home as fast as I can.

The moment I reached home,I was already panting like crazy.I fished out my keys and get in the house before locking it back.

 

“ Now what the hell man!? “

Bloodedge..

What?..

I sensed bloodedge earlier..I thought it was just around so we might lose it if you crouch down but my sense just got stronger.I think it was moving.Towards you to be exact.And Jungsoo wasn’t even there.I guess he know it was near..I didn’t feel his presence.

How could he know? He’s not some sort of a watcher right?

No.but now just stay home and don’t go out okay? Not until I say it’s okay to get out.It might still be wandering around.

Even if you told me to go out,I wouldn’t.

Let me tell you guys..Bloodedge,equals death.

“ I might live my life in fear,but I don’t wanna die yet,at least not killed. “ I muttered.

 

 

Author's note: Ha! was that a plot twist? So there I give you Leeteuk,happy? a reminder to you all,don't really expect fluff or romance or something like that okay? and this story is also going to get more..confusing? but don't worry! it's ending in juuust- afewchapters.And mum told me to pack cuz we're going to my aunt's house tomorrow.. I doesn't hate my aunt's family,but I just feel like staying home this holiday T_T unless mum ask me "How about going to Korea? We could go watch Amber's performance" anyway,I hope you guys love this chapter more than I do,and look forward to the next chap c: 

PREVIEW~ : 

“ Hey Kibum? “

Hmm..?

“ Do you think he’ll text me? “

Who?

“ Jungsoo..Well,I wasn’t there yesterday so I thought he’d text me or something. “

I’m sure he will.Maybe he just doesn’t have free time or the courage.but he’ll text you eventually.I’m sure he doesn’t want to lose you like before..