05. Hurt

Finite Immortality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saehyun turned, rubbing her cheek that had already turned red. Immediately, Tao walked up to her with an ice pack in his hand. “I don’t need that.” She said indignantly.

“You’ve never been hit in your entire life, princess. Just take the damn ice pack.” He said, ignoring proper etiquette again.

She glared at him, before accepting it and placing it against her cheek. He was right that neither of her parents had ever felt the need to hit her before that point.

“What is your plan now?” He asked her, putting his hands together behind his back. 

“I have no idea. But I want to see my mom. And by see her I mean really see her. Not just behind that veil crap she’s been putting on for announcements.” She said, feeling the anger seethe inside of her.

“You should be careful of that dirty mouth of yours.” Tao told her, “You’re the princess.” 

“Yeah, well. If my father would do anything to keep this secret, then I’m sure I won’t be the princess very long if I keep this up.” She snapped back at him.

“Your father has to have a meeting with the neighboring kingdom’s family because he has been searching for a husband for you. You could take that time to see your mother.” Tao said, leaving the room before any other guard could catch him talking to the princess so inappropriately.

Saehyun smiled to herself, she could use that as an opportunity. But her father was bound to move her mom into a room now that she’s discovered the secret. She could spend her whole day searching while he was out. 

Unless her mom was too weak to be moved, maybe it wasn’t even her mom at the announcements, just one of the maids who looked like her. That’s why they kept the veil on.

She just had to find out when she would get a chance to get into the room. Her father was bound to have guards watching her now if he went out.

She heard footsteps approaching her and she sighed to herself, of course she would get guards right after she thought it. She saw Tao walking towards her with another guard that was similar to his height.

“Good evening, princess.” They said together. 

“Kai?” She said, staring at him. “Your hair isn’t black like everyone else’s.” 

“I’m the favorite, and I had to dye it for other guard duties so that’s why it’s platinum blonde or white.” He answered her.

She nodded, “Very well. So you’re gonna guard me while my father is out?” She asked them.

“Yes, we are to make sure you stay in the castle.” Kai replied, “That’s of utmost importance.” 

She smiled, “Okay, cool well I’m gonna explore around the castle then. Has my father left already?” She asked them.

“The carriage is at the front gate now.” Tao answered her this time. “So yes.” 

Saehyun clapped her hands together in excitement, “Okay, let’s go. I have a room I want to find.” She said, as they followed behind her. She headed up the steps and immediately we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter