Truth

His Opinions. His Thoughts. His Words.

You woke up to the sound of rain.

Pit-a-pat. Pit-a-pat.

You felt your heart beating to the rhythm.

You looked out the window and was mesmerized by each tap of raindrop.

Tears began to well up in your eyes, life used to be so perfect. Why would everyone just leave? You felt a sudden jolt of pain on your side as you sniffled. You tried sitting up but your body was so stiff, you just slid back down. You had little remembrance of the night before and didn’t bother to try to bring it back. The door was slightly opened and you saw a pair of eyes peeking in, Jonghyun came in with a bowl of porridge and set it besides your bed, all while staring right at you with a grave expression.

“What are you doing here?” You asked softly.

“Why are you doing this to yourself?” he asked back.

You watched his eyebrows furrow and just stared at him silently.

Minutes passed by and you noticed him getting fidgety, a sure sign that he was getting annoyed by your unresponsive stare. You couldn’t help but analyze his face while you were at it; he had big eyes and a nicely shaped face with a defined jaw line. Even with his dark expression you felt the rest of him glowing.

You finally looked down and started playing with the frayed pieces of fabric that hung off your quilt. What were you hiding from him exactly? He reached over and intertwined his fingers into yours, but you felt the stiffness as your hand rested upon his.

“You’re keeping something from me since you started school and you’re not telling me.” He stated sternly.

You looked up at him suddenly a feeling of guilt starting to engulf you.

“I never once asked you more to your blunt responses about school, I figured when you felt like telling me what was going on you would tell me,” he paused to read your face.

“Don’t you think I’ve waited long enough? Every time I see you, your eye bags get bigger. Every time we talk I feel a bigger barrier forming. I’m not over thinking am I? You think I enjoy seeing you walk around like the life is out of you?”

You bit my lip to stop it from quivering.

Your heart began to race and suddenly you felt tears trickle down your cheeks. You let out a cry as you buried your head against your arms, letting go of his grasp. Why should you even try to hide this from him, it wasn’t like he was going to hurt you, he’s trying to protect you. But for some reason, the courage to tell him what you’ve endured the past months, without him by your side like before, diminished.

“I’m sor-ry.” You whispered in between hiccups.

“Sorry is not what I want to hear come out of your mouth, I want you to tell me everything you’ve kept from me,” his voice softened.

You hesitated at first not really knowing where to begin, but before you realized what was happening, you were shooting out words. You weren’t even following a series of situations, you just kept throwing in everything that you re-called the best. Not long after the first confession spilt, you became a blubbering mess.

You felt his arm snake around you, pulling you into a full embrace.

He didn't need to say anything for you to know what he wanted to say. So he kept quiet and allowed you to drain your tears on his shoulders.