Unconscious

His Opinions. His Thoughts. His Words.

Your head slammed against the cement. Not this again, you thought.

Ever since you moved to a new high school, so you’d be closer to home, you've been the main target at school. It wasn’t like your life always . It used to be great, you had many friends and your family life was great. Your dad would take your siblings and you out every weekend for fun. Until the past few years your dad got into alcohol and would leave the house constantly. You haven’t seen him for almost a month now. Your older brother and your two sisters moved out the house without a word. Your mother worked for long hours, so basically you had the house to yourself. You was pretty much used to it now. But you weren't all alone, you had a family friend who stayed by your side for as long as you could remember. if there was anyone who knew what your emotions were without needing to ask, it was Kim Jonghyun. 

When you both were still young he would constantly play jokes on you, getting both of you in trouble. But as he got older he began to mature a bit and he came to treat you quite nicely. He was only a year older than you were and graduated the year before. Having made no plans in going to College he hung around your house to keep you company. When you would stay awake crying your eyes out because of a bad exam or a terrible day, he would be by your side almost immediately. He was a friend that you could count on, that was a fact. 

You snapped up and noticed who shoved you to the ground. Rick.

He was the first to pick on you when you walked into the new school. At first you had thought he was trying to show you around when he came up to you asking to see your schedule. Turned out he was only trying to make a fool out of you by directing you into opposite directions. Taking in everything he said, you ended up being half an hour late to your first class. How he even found you was a question you were never able to answer.

He grabbed you by the neck and pulled you up. “Fight back sweets, you scared?” He sneered.

You glared at him.

You were so used to this routine by now you barely even felt the stings and blows as he was hurling them at you.

“Rick! Ms. Laughlin is waiting to hand you back your test” screamed one of his friends. He let me go and kicked me in the ribs, before leaving he turned around and spat, “I’m not done with you, you wait.”

You laughed.

Like what, you thought. You sat up and leaned against the wall.

It was a Friday. You could go home and sleep, maybe forever. You stood up and winced. You looked down at your shirt and noticed the shoe print that he had left. You only lifted your shirt up a little, but you were able to see deep-dark ovals beginning to form. You sighed. You looked out into the courtyard, it would take you only ten minutes to walk home, or should you call Jonghyun? You thought not. Jonghyun didn’t know anything that happened in school. Whenever he came over it would be past dark and you’d always covered up the bruises and scars with make-up. You made another attempt, and decided to walk home.

You reached your doorstep and collapsed from exhaustion. You hadn't received much sleep the past nights and you had nothing to eat all day. You weren't exactly a fan to go sit outside by yourself to eat while keeping your eyes open for anyone that would decide to jump you, so you spent it working on your assignments in the library. You rummaged through your backpack for the house key. Already feeling your vision clouding, You inserted the key and turned the knob with the remaining energy you had left. 

"Seo-yeon!" 

You looked up to pinpoint where the voice was coming from and realized it was Jonghyun. But before you were able to question why he was in your house without notifying you first, your vision out.