The other side of the arrangement

You're My Wedding Crasher

Jisu

"... say that again?"

"You're getting married, Jisu."

"Oh God. Not this arranged marriage stuff, please."

"It wasn't your decision to make, and it's already been made."

"But why? Why am I not allowed to choose who I marry, or at least who I love?"

"Park Jisu. I don't care what you say, you're still getting married. This girl is pretty, nice and--"

"I know who she is," Jisu cut off, annoyed. "But that's all I know. I know she exists, I know her name, I know what she looks like. But that's it. Do you realize how bad this looks, Dad?"

"No, because it doesn't. Look," Mr. Park sat down beside Jisu and put his arm around his son's shoulder. "My marriage to your mother was arranged too... if it helps."

Jisu sighed. "Dad, me and you are very different people. Besides, you liked Mom anyway. This girl... I can't bring myself to love her like I'm supposed to. She just doesn't look like the kind of girl I like, you know?"

Smiling sadly, Mr. Park patted Jisu's back comfortingly. "Oh, son.. just try to get to know her, at least. Maybe you'll like her after all. Come on, for your old man?" He looked at Jisu pleadingly, which caused Jisu to squirm a little and fold his arms. "It's for the best of the family.."

"... ah, fine."

Mr. Park's smile brightened immediately. "Good. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go call the doctor, because my tummy is suddenly feeling weird."

"Come on, Dad, just take your meds. You don't have to make such a big deal out of everything just because you don't want to eat them." 

".. they're revolting," Mr. Park whispered in reply, making a disgusted face. He didn't like his medicine one bit, so he was acting sort of immaturely to avoid eating them. Edging away from the door slowly, Mr. Park shook his head and scrunched up his face.

Jisu shook his head, smiling. "Come on, Dad," he said, and pulled Mr. Park toward the kitchen, where the medicine was kept.