A plan in the making

You're My Wedding Crasher

Dongrim

"No. No, no, no, no." Dongrim paced back and forth, thinking deeply. Their mother had left to go shopping, their father away on a business trip and Hyeji had gone out on her walk, so Dongrim was alone in the house and free to talk to himself. "Hyeji cannot be marrying someone else," he said, slightly clenching his pale hands into fists. "She loves Intae hyung, and he loves her too. This is not good at all."

He knew for a fact that Intae loved Hyeji. Sure, Intae was the one told that to Dongrim himself, but Dongrim could see it was much more. She's the only one who makes him smile like no other, the only one who can truly comfort him when he's depressed, the only one who can make him feel pure happiness. He could see that Intae loved Hyeji with the kind of love that couldn't be expressed by mere words. He really loved her... and she really loved him too.

So wouldn't it just break both of their hearts if Hyeji was to marry someone else?

"Aish," he said, and flopped onto the bed. "Mom, I love you, but this probably one of the dumbest things a parent could do to their child." In situations like this, the only thing Dongrim could do to think better was to go eat chocolate, and he was about to do so until Bbangku, his dog, came running into the room with scraps of torn cloth in his mouth.

Dongrim's eyes lit up immediately. "Bbangku! Come here, boy!" he called, sitting up on the bed and patting his lap invitingly. Obediently, Bbangku ran over to Dongrim and jumped onto his lap. "That's a good boy~ Huh? What have you got there, Bbangku?" He lifted up Bbangku's head to examine the pieces of cloth in his mouth. "Wait.." he said as he blurrily recognized the familiar red cloth. "Isn't that.."

"WHO TORE THE KITCHEN TABLECLOTH?" shouted Mrs. Lee from downstairs, who had apparently came home early from her shopping trip. "LEE DONGRIM! I'M SURE YOU DID THIS, RIGHT?"

Dongrim's eyes widened slightly in panic. Silently, he quickly closed the door and pretended that he wasn't there to hide from her intimidating mother. "Yah!" he said in a loud whisper, covering Bbangku's mouth with his hands. "Our furniture is not your food, okay! Don't make me have to lock you out!" He slowly let go of Bbangku's jaw, ensuring that he wasn't going to bark or anything. Suddenly, he sighed. Why am I even doing this for them? I could just do nothing. It's none of my business after all. Why do I care so much?

Dongrim knew the answer to his question. Because I love Hyeji noona, and Intae is one of my best friends. Of course.

"Ugh, arranged love is confusing." He groaned and fell face down onto the bed. "Aigoo, Bbangku, what are we gonna do now, huh?" As he spoke, he felt Bbangku run across the bed to the other side, and automaticallly thought he had left the room.

"Fine. Leave me in my hour of need, I'm okay. I just need to figure out how to stop an arranged wedding from happening, no big deal."

Suddenly, he heard Bbangku bark. Looking up, he saw the dog sitting quietly on the corner of the bed, his paw on the table phone that Hyeji kept.

"Bbangku, what are you doing with the phone? .... OH." It took a few seconds for him to get it, but Dongrim finally understood. "Even though you're a dog, you are a genius!" he said, smiling and hugging Bbangku. "Of course, all I have to do is call Intae hyung, and.. and.." Dongrim scratched his head, unsure of what comes after calling Intae. "Uh... what do I tell him?"

He could practically hear Bbangku's response, even though it was unsaid. "You're the genius here, think for yourself." And with that, Bbangku hopped out of the room.

"Damn. This is gonna need more planning than I thought."