Almost marriage

You're My Wedding Crasher

Stopping in front of the two main doors to the hall, Intae hesitated for a second. What if she hates me forever for doing this? he thought, worriedly biting his lip. What if she just laughs at me? What if... "Aish." He shrugged off his doubts and took hold of the door handles.  If this doesn't work out the way we thought it would, I swear I'm going to kill that boy with my own hands. 

Not wasting any time, he flung open the double doors and slammed them into the wall. Immediately, all eyes in the room, excluding the bride and groom's, turned to look at him. "Stop!" he yelled, walking towards Hyeji in the middle of the room. "Hyeji-ah, you can't do this."

With that, the wedding came to an abrupt pause. The walking, the music, the whispers, everything. It all stopped, and the once  talkative atmosphere turned into death-like silence. Despite his discomfort, all attention was turned to Intae, as expected. 

Hyeji, who had already walked halfway down the aisle, turned around in both shock and confusion. At first she could see only a dark sillouhette as the bright light from outside was close to blinding, but as the light settled she recognized the figure and her eyes widened.

"I-Intae oppa?" she gasped, dropping her bouquet of flowers in surprise. As soon as she spoke, everyone's attention shifted from Intae to her.  "What-- what are you doing--"

"You can't get married," Intae cut her off, getting closer and closer to her. He saw a few faces in the crowd while he was walking and noticed that they looked annoyed, but he pretended not to take any notice and continued walking. "I know that this is a little much, and it's probably really weird coming from someone like me, and I'm only a friend to you, and.." He sighed, and stopped walking when he was two feet in front of Hyeji. "Please, don't get married. I.. I.. I love you." 

In a second, the room was suddenly filled with gasps, murmuring and heated arguments of whispers. Hyeji's face was frozen into one of complete dumbfoundedness and surprise. She tried to speak, but her voice couldn't form and intelligible words. In front of her, Intae was looking at her intently, waiting for some kind of understandable response to his earlier confession. It stayed like this for a few minutes, until a voice spoke from the front of the room and cut everybody off.

"Intae hyung?!"