Alternate Realities

The People We Could Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 1382

It was a quiet night at a certain blonde girls apartment. Unpacked bags littered the living room floor. The little to no existence of light casted the empty apartment in shadows, the only visible light coming from the pastel pink phone on the kitchen counter, signaling that a text message had come through. 

 

The unpacked bags and quiet vibrating phone weren't currently on the blondes mind. Her thoughts were shrouded in haze from the faint smell of strawberries and the warm feeling of a girl in her arms. It wasn't just any girl though, it was the girl who had stolen her heart and hidden it in the darkest pits of the world. No matter how many times the blonde had tried to get it back, the other girl had held on tightly and refused to let go. 

 

She pressed her lips to the younger girls head and kept them there, trailing her hands up and down the other girls shoulders and back. The girl began to shiver, causing the blonde to quickly unwrap her arms from around her and cup her cheeks, tilting her face up. 

 

"Are you cold?" 

 

A small smile was her reply, the younger girls eyes were still slightly red so the blonde began brushing her thumbs over her cheeks to the corner of her eyes, wiping away the last remains of sad tears. "A bit." The dark haired girl croaked out, closing her eyes to lean into the hands of her lover. 

 

"Let me get you a blanket, I'll be a minute." The blonde kissed the youngers forehead before getting up from the couch, squeezing her hands into a fists as she willed herself to not look back. Otherwise she'd jump back onto the couch and for the first time in her life, pray to whatever deity was up there that she could keep the girl in her arms forever and never let go, no matter what happened. 

 

When the blonde came back into the room with a faded pink blanket in her arms, she realized that the younger girl was no longer on the couch. Her brows furrowed in slight confusion. "Tiffany?" She called out, stepping into the kitchen. The younger was on the small balcony, her back slightly curved as she leaned against the railing and looked out across the city lights and stars. It was a moonless night, making the balcony as dark as it could possibly be. The blonde smiled at the sight and began to walk towards the sliding glass door, glancing at her lovers phone as she walked past. Her stomach caved in on itself as she saw who the text was from, her grip on the blanket tightening as she read the small preview of the text.

 

Slowly, she made her way out to the balcony, draping the blanket over the dark haired girls shoulder and standing next to her, their shoulders brushing against each other. 

 

"You know all those choices you've made in your life, and how they slowly brought you to this moment right now. A member of SNSD." Tiffany's long fingers tapped against the wooden railing, her eyes bright and alive. The blonde could only let out a soft hum and nod. "Imagine this Jessi, every single one of those decisions led off to another reality. Like... If you hadn't decided to became a trainee, you could be working in a coffee shop. You could be living an entirely different life. That's how I like to think, every decision and choice I make is like a intersection, all leading to different states my life could be in. And all those states are alternate realities, existing right now. Maybe... Every time you die in a dream that's one of your alternate realities dying." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter