Final

Glasses

"Taeyeon!", she heard someone scream, "Has anyone seen Kim Taeyeon?!"


Realizing who's voice it was asking for her, she continues with her painstaking search on her knees. "Where are my stupid glasses...", she muttered to herself while blindly feeling all over the dirty classroom floor.


When her hand grabbed something hard, she flinched not liking the idea of being blind. With the thought of whatever she touched possibly containing her glasses, she tried to grip it again. This time she heard a brief "ow".


Looking up while squinting, she made out a blurry image of a person. She realized what she was touching was someone's foot. "Oh my gosh, I didn't see your foot, sorry Mr. Park", she had said thinking it'd be the teacher since it was already after school.


"Taeyeon really? You can't even recognize your best friend?"


"T-Tiffany?! I was looking for my glasses sorry...", Taeyeon said while still blindly searching feeling awkward around the other girl.


"You mean the one's that are on top of your head?" Tiffany grabbed the girl's frames, putting them in place and grinning at the seemingly spaced out girl.


"I hate my life", she heard Taeyeon mutter before she dragged Taeyeon towards the bus stop.


As the girls walked in silence, Taeyeon was stealing glances at the girl next to her. Why are you here right now? How can you act like nothing happened?

 


~~~~~~~

 


"Hey Tiff?"


"Hmm?" The girl hummed in response.


"What would you do if I told you I'm in love?" Taeyeon asked her best friend taking her by surprise.


"Well...", Tiffany paused making Taeyeon swirm nervously before she continued again, "I would be happy for you of course unless this person is a total jerk. I'd kill them." Tiffany finished off with a cute "you die" hand gesture across her neck before cracking a gentle smile.


"What would you do if I told you, you know them really well?" Taeyeon asked again. This time she was sure she saw Tiffany frowning for a quick second making her feel awfully nervous.


"Taeyeon... who is it? I-it's fine just tell me. I'm your best friend aren't I? Let's not beat around the bush?" Tiffany stated seeming anxious and scared for whatever reason, Taeyeon couldn't figure out.


"W-well, what...", Taeyeon paused to breathe, "what if I told you it was you?" Taeyeon couldn't lift her head, her cheeks were probably the same color as Tiffany's bright pink room.


"You w-what?", Tiffany asked. "I..." 

 


~~~~~~~

 


And before Tiffany ever finished giving her a reply, her phone rang with the word "Daddy" flashing on it's screen. She had left Taeyeon saying that they'd continue their talk tomorrow and with that she left. Taeyeon couldn't piece it together, it's been a week since that night with no contact from Tiffany and here she was.


Taeyeon didn't want to keep pretending nothing happened so she stopped her steps causing the other girl to stop and face her. "Is something wrong Taeyeon?", Tiffany asked.


"Yes. Yes Tiffany, everythings wrong. You didn't contact me at all these last few days, although you owe me an answer...Look if you wanted to reject me, you should've just said so. Avoiding the issue just makes it harder for me. If you're honest to me, m-maybe I can finally move..."


"No..." Tiffany suddenly interrupted Taeyeons ramblings.


"No Taeyeon, I didn't mean to not contact you, that night my dad got mad at me and took my phone. I-I wanted to talk to you in school, but you were always surrounded by other people that I couldn't approach. I'm sorry...", she apologized with sincerity clear in her voice.


Taeyeon took a minute to process what Tiffany had told her before getting annoyed with herself. How could she not know Tiffany's not that type of person? Even when guys around the school asked Tiffany out she would never string them along, she was always honest.


"Look at me Taeyeon and listen to me carefully..." Tiffany was nervous Taeyeon noticed from the girl's wandering eyes and restless feet.


Taeyeon just replied with a nod of the head and put her full attention on the girl.


"If you told me you were in love? I wouldn't be happy for you even if they were the nicest person in the world, I'd hate it. If you told me that I know that person? I would've made a list of all our mutual friends so I could do a background check. Finally, if you told me it was me all along? I would've forgotten all those negative thoughts and would tell you that I love you, too."


Taeyeon stood there frozen. Her glasses slowly sliding off her nose just for Tiffany to push them back in place again.


When Taeyeon finally came back to reality, she engulfed the other girl in a bear hug filled with relief and love.


"You know Tiffany? Without you my life's pretty much a blur. I can't see anything unless you're there with me, like my glasses."


"You're right. How could you live without me?!" Tiffany joked as she grabbed Taeyeon's hand.


"I won't, I'll follow you around like a ghost!" Taeyeon retorted as she swung their joined hands back and forth. 


The two girls continuing with their pointless chatter as they walked. Both feeling lighter than usual and both enjoying the others company.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Again, I'm sorry for this random one-shot. I always only have motivation to write at 2 am LOL.