Ch. 8: Airports and Embarassing Relatives

Opposites Attract, Right?
"Prepare to see your beloved family tomorrow!"

"WHAT???!!!"

"You heard right, Hyukkie! Is it a bad thing?"

"Of course not! It's just... Never mind. So what time is your arrival tomorrow?"

"Around 3PM. Umma wants you to ask Teukie-oppa for a ride; she misses him, too!"

"Arasso, arasso. See you tomorrow, I guess...."

"Bye! I love you! Seungyeon says she loves you, too!"

"Love you guys, too, bye~"


Once the line went dead, Hyukjae stared at his phone screen as the device redirected to the call log. Locking his phone and tucking it back in his sweatpants' pocket, Hyukjae sighed softly before heading to the table his jacket was at.

"Who called?" Donghae curiously asked, watching the other put on the leather jacket from the back. By then the almost-kiss was forgotten, and the younger could feel the changing aura around them.

"My sisters," Hyukjae replied. "They, along with my parents, are making a surprise visit tomorrow." Donghae wanted to chuckle at the other's forming pout, but he held it back.

"You have sisters?" He asked in surprise after reregistering what the other had said. Hyukjae nodded. "I've never heard you mention them before."

"Because you've never asked....?" Hyukjae replied with a raised eyebrow, now facing Donghae. The latter stuck his tongue out as a comeback, and Hyukjae softly laughed. "I should start walking home now," He then said after checking the time on his wristwatch.

"We should meet up like this more often," Donghae suggested, and Hyukjae smiled, thus leading the other to smile, too. If one smiled, the other just happened to find themselves doing the same for the most part. "You know, to just dance and such."

"That sounds nice," Hyukjae replied. "I'll see what I can do~"

The two bid their goodbyes, gave a less-awkward-than-before hug, and turned opposite directions. Donghae still needed to gather his belongings from the earlier class session, and Hyukjae was already walking towards the main door.

But as Donghae gathered his various CD's on the wooden floor, putting it back in their respective cases, he heard footsteps coming closer to him from behind. "I think you got the direction to the door wrong," Donghae jokingly stated, not turning to look at him, and Hyukjae laughed.

"I know where the door is, idiot," Hyukjae responded with an equally playful tone. "But I need to give you something first."

Without complaint, Donghae stood up, curious as to what Hyukjae was going to give. But when he felt a pair of lips softly press against his for no more than two seconds, the dance instructor had to think whether or not that had just happened.

"Bye~" Hyukjae shyly said with a nervous laugh before quickly making his way out the door. 

"Wait!" Donghae suddenly said after snapping out of his dazed trance. "Let me drive you home! You wouldn't want to walk at this time of night!"

-

It's been a while since he had last seen his parents and sisters, and they have been living in Toronto for more or less four years. Hyukjae stayed in South Korea in hopes of raising his own kids and living with his wife at the country he grew up in. His family moved to Canada for both Taeyeon's and his father's different job opportunities in that country.

Leeteuk, Hyukjae, and the kids were by the arrival area of the airport, waiting for Hyukjae's family to land from their flight. The area they were in had many rows of leather seats that were back-to-back. Those who came out of the plane and had luggages in tow were entering the vast room, walking through a long ramp that those sitting on the seats can see.

Kyuhyun and Leeteuk were sitting at the ends of one row while Henry and Hyukjae occupied the middle respectively.

Henry and Kyuhyun were still dressed in their almost similar uniforms after having been picked up by their dad and hyung right after school with no time to change at home. The two were eating their Happy Meals and animatedly conversed with each other, not caring if they spoke with full mouths every now and then. What can you say? Kids will be kids.

"What's in a Krabby Patty?" Henry asked his older brother as he took a bite of his chicken nugget.

Kyuhyun scratched his head in confusion while his other hand held onto the fry he later ate. "A patty, tomato, lettuce and cheese....?" He replied, not understanding why his brother asked a far from trivial question.

"No, I know that," Henry said, his free hand dismissing Kyuhyun's reply. "What do you think is the secret ingredient?"

Kyuhyun's mouth formed an 'o' in realization. "Icky green slime," He responded without having to think about it. Henry's nose scrunched up in disgust, and the older boy tilted his head. "What?"

"Why would Krabby Patties have icky green slime in it?" Henry asked with a giggle, and Kyuhyun took a sip from their shared bottle of apple juice before passing it back to the younger.

"Because no one would ever think that it's the secret ingredient," Kyuhyun replied.

Henry's mouth had also become an 'o,' thinking that it made sense. "So Plankton can never figure it out!" He added, and Kyuhyun nodded. 

"Appa," the younger of the two said, "Kyu-hyung is so smart!"

Hyukjae paused from talking to Leeteuk to turn to his kids. "Oh, really?" He asked with a smile, and Henry nodded. "But your Kyu-hyung's always been smart!" Kyuhyun's face flushed pink upon receiving the compliment, but he pretended to not notice it and continued eating his food.

"Am I smart, too, appa?" Henry asked with a toothy smile, leaning on his father's arm as he met gazes with him.

The twenty-six year old chuckled. "Of course! No son of Hyuk-appa isn't!" When Henry giggled at his dad's remark, the latter planted a chaste peck on the child's lips. "Kyu, I want a kiss from you, too!" Hyukjae then said, chuckling when his older son gave a joking face of disgust.

"You're weird, appa!" 

Leeteuk, from the side, softly laughed with the five year old, watching him throw a french fry at Hyukjae. The latter formed a cute pout, causing Kyuhyun to laugh even more. "Kyuhyun-ah, your appa is going to leave you at the airport if he doesn't get a kiss from you~" Leeteuk said, and Kyuhyun's eyes widened for a few seconds.

"Really?!" He asked in return, now looking towards his dad. Hyukjae nodded with a chuckle, and Kyuhyun began to laugh. "Okay, bye, appa!" He said, waving at his dad. 

Hyukjae's jaw dropped as he watched his son get up from his seat, though he didn't walk away. "What do you think you're doing?" The father asked with a fake voice of anger and stood up as well. Kyuhyun laughed even more, practically dying when his dad carried him up to the air like an airplane. "If you leave me, I'm going to throw all your video games away."

That threat, though said as a joke, was able to have Kyuhyun stop joking around. "No, appa!" He giggled, quickly giving his dad a chaste kiss. "Don't touch my games!"

Hyukjae smiled in victory, going back down to his seat, but this time with Kyuhyun on his lap, his arms wrapped around the child's waist. "Okay, I won't," He agreed, not missing the satisfied grin on Kyuhyun's face.

"Hyuk, I think that's your sister making her way down the ramp..." Leeteuk said after taking a glance at the said area.

Hyukjae looked the same direction as Leeteuk and chuckled when he did, in fact, see his one of two sisters excitedly waving their direction while dragging her roller luggage. " My baby brother!" She yelled, gathering the attention of many other people in the arrival spot, much to Hyukjae's embarrassment.

"Noona~" He half-whined, though he walked her direction to help her with the luggage.

"Ah, my dongsaeng is so cute!" She cooed, purposely speaking with a loud voice just to embarrass him even more. She then tip-toed, wrapped her arms around the boy's neck, and  kissed his cheek with a loud kissy noice made after. "Man, do I love embarrassing you." The girl laughed.

"I hate you," He replied, laughing softly. "Where's Seungyeon-ah, umma, and appa?"

"You might be bummed, but Seungyeon-ah had a last-minute but very important happening at her university which was at the same time as the flight," Taeyeon replied, giggling when she saw her brother discreetly pout. "But she said she'll promise to video-chat later on!"

"Okay, then..." Hyukjae mumbled. "How about umma and appa?"

"Oh, they're just taking their time," Taeyeon casually replied, and Hyukjae chuckled.

The two arrived back where Leeteuk, Henry, and Kyuhyun were at.

Taeyeon gave a very cheerful smile as she saw the three, missing her nephews and a person who's as good as a friend to her as he is to Hyukjae. "Hi, guys!" She exclaimed.

"Hi, Taengoo-noona," Kyuhyun replied first, a bit shyly, hugging said person as said person bent down to hug him.

Then came a hyper Henry with a bitten chicken nugget in hand, jumping to her arms to be carried. "Noona!" He exclaimed, laughing when Taeyeon jokingly tried to bite his chicken nugget.

"Hey, Miss Creepy Laugh," Leeteuk greeted with an inside joke. Taeyeon laughed, recalling the time when she was talking to the older and randomly laughed in a way she's never done before. It was low in octave, and it was pretty hilarious, especially for Leeteuk who had wished he recorded it.

"Hello to you, too, Mister Crazy Laugh," Taeyeon replied, leaning to Leeteuk as he gave her a brief hug.

"So how are things going?" Hyukjae asked as they settled down onto their seats.

Taeyeon, still carrying Henry, occupied the boy's previous seat next to Kyuhyun. "Things are going well. I also have this strange feeling that Onew is planning to propose to me soon. Being the not-so-secretive person he is, he's been leaving diamond ring catalogues around the apartment and sometimes I overhear him reciting some sort of monologue about our love," She laughs.

Hyukjae's eyes widened in surprise before he resorted into a smile. "Finally, noona," He jokingly said.

"Right? The fact that you guys are so perfect for each other but aren't married yet was silently killing me on the inside," Leeteuk commented with a chuckle.

Taeyeon and Onew have grown up together since middle school, developing puppy crushes that eventually led to falling in love and getting into a committed relationship. Despite having a few bumps along the way, they still managed to become and stay as a very strong couple.

The older sibling laughed, but before she can give a reply, the familiar voice of a usually humble woman was heard yelling for Hyukjae's name. 

Well, she was actually saying 'Hyukkie, my baby!' which once again gathered a generous amount of attention from people.

"Like mother like daughter," Hyukjae lightheartedly muttered as Taeyeon laughed at the sight of their mom running to them as fast as she can. Their father was left dragging their luggages and was much more calm than his wife.

"Hyukkie!" She yelled as Hyukjae stood up and walked towards her.

"Umma!" Hyukjae happily exclaimed, hugging his petite mother. 

Soon after Hyukjae's father arrived to where they were standing, and Hyukjae pulled away to give his dad a hug. "I missed you guys!" Hyukjae exclaimed.

"You're the one who doesn't call us!" Hyukjae's mother accused, though she wasn't too mad.

"That's because you call me every other day already!" Hyukjae replied, sticking his tongue out at his mom when the woman did the same.

"So where are the kids?" The mother asked, scanning the large arrival area before her eyes landed on the familiar faces of her grandchildren, Hyukjae's best friend, and Taeyeon. All of them minus Tayeon were waving at her, much to her delight.

Hyukjae and his parents headed over to where everyone was sitting.

"How 'bout we get out of here and eat out for dinner later?" Hyukjae asked after his parents greeted Leeteuk and the kids, who were slowly falling asleep on his sister's and friend's arms.

"Will you be treating us?" Taeyeon teased, knowing how much of a stingy person her brother was.

"Let's have everyone pay for their own meal, yeah?" He jokingly responded causing the adults to laugh. "But of course I'll pay, you guys are my guests."

"Then it's a date for us all!" Hyukjae's mom happily cheered. "And assuming that Gina's at work right now, I'll be looking forward to catch up with my daughter-in-law during dinner, okay?"

Hyukjae felt his heart skip a beat for a second, his complexion becoming a sickly pale. Everyone but Leeteuk remained oblivious to his state as they moved on to another topic.

You know you have to tell them sooner or later.



a/n: I think you guys have the right to throw fifty virtual mahogany tables at me for drowning in an ocean of writer's block and chilling with the underwater plot bunnies that choose to shun me from their society. Thank you so much for waiting omg I'm a horrible fanfic author OTL ; - ; And I'm so sorry this chapter is shorter than the past ones, but I believe future chapters may be set around this length as well.

Once again, I apologize for the lack of updates.( ´_ゝ`)

On completely different note, please tell me that I'm not the only one swooning over Exo so much that it hurts. THEY'RE AMAZING LIKE OMG. (ノಥ▽ಥ)ノ*:・゚✧ I MEAN, WHO DOESN'T LOVE D.O.'S  FOREVER-JUDGING-YOUR-EXISTENCE EYES, CHANYEOL'S CUTE AF EYE TWITCHES, SEHUN'S RETAINER(?) LISP, LUHAN'S BABYFACE, KRIS' ETERNAL B*TCHFACE AND ADLFNAJLDHFADF THE LIST GOES ON. Anyone want to spazz with me about the beauty that is 12 complete derps? No? Okay.