003

Her Characters

Clara lives alone. Despite the constant pleas from her father and of course Chanyeol─ mostly from Chanyeol, to live under the same roof as her family, the girl refused to do so. They thought that she needed someone to take care of her and make sure she always take her daily dose.

Being the independent girl she is, Clara abundantly declined their request.

After taking a warm shower, the girl skipped her ways to the kitchen playfully­─ a sight perhaps only Chanyeol had ever witness. She opened the cabinets and refrigerator, in hopes she could have multiple choices for dinner; only to find it completely full of nothing. She sighed in surrender and kicked the ground out of annoyance. To whom? To herself. She was supposed to buy the groceries yesterday, however a particular douche decided to call her.

What happened yesterday was something she wished to never repeat again. She hates to be controlled over, she despise it most. She worked hard to have the privilege to have the upper hand over everything that she possesses.

Clara drove herself to the central park, she thought it would be a perfect night to have a moment for herself.

The central park is a long huge park that runs along a modern stream. It’s an attraction towards the citizens and foreigners. In her own opinion, the park’s atmosphere does not light up─ not until the start of twilight.

She likes it how the society gathers here just to walk around aimlessly. Maybe to find peace, maybe to find inspiration or maybe entertainment. Clara bought some sweet potatoes and enjoyed herself by eating it while sitting down on a bench. Her view overlooks a group of people watching some local buskers performing.  

Clad in a simple varsity sweater, she shivered in cold when the wind blew. “Should’ve worn thicker clothes” Clara muttered under her breath. She took a bite of the hot sweet potatoes, in hope it could warm her up a bit.

Loud cheers and screeches enveloped the whole park, surprising the people around. Clara stood abruptly and looked towards the crowds of screaming teenage girls that were running towards her direction. “What the…” she whispered to herself.

A pair of couple that was standing near her was observing the situation too, “Who’s that they’re chasing?” the girl asked her partner. He shrugged and they continued walking, leaving the curious Clara behind.

“Chasing…?” she muttered under her breath and cocked her head, looking back at the hysterical screams. Her gaze followed them as the girls ran, chasing a tall lean man wearing an all-black outfit, masked with a red scarf and a pair of sunglasses.  

She scoffed at his choice of outfit, “Fashion rule number 19; sunglasses are not cool to wear at night” she said to herself and rolled her eyes. The girl sighed as she took her sweet potatoes that were sprawled on the bench. Clara took her leave as she find the park not so peaceful anymore─ not with underage possessed teenage girls screaming hysterically.

As she was walking steadily, appreciating the night’s nature and the smell of sweet potatoes that greets her with a gratifying embrace, an unknown hand clasped from behind hastily. The latter pulled her out of the pavements and hid behind a tree by the side.

Clara was surprised, she was caught off guard. Her mind couldn’t think of anything, she couldn’t even comprehend the situation yet alone react to it. She felt violated, as if she was standing there . And then it came. The uneasiness came. Her eyes were shut tightly, preserving her sight from the world.

She was breathing but it felt like her breath was somehow stuck in ─ like there was a big lump there mocking her. She felt displaced, almost like the feeling when you’re hanging on a railing from the top of a building and then suddenly, that railing disappears. Just like that, it abandoned you. Then you realized how you’re still there, mid-air, holding on to nothing but you’re still hanging, waiting for the fall that never comes. She felt as though she lost the touch of reality and got an extreme vertigo─ a sensation of whirling and loss of balance.

So she held unto anything that was near her.

Clara brought her hand towards the stranger’s and gripped on it as if her whole life was dependant on that strong hold. She could hear the sound of screams that passed by quickly behind her, slowly fading. She could hear her own muffle cries pleading to be alive again.

“What the heck! EWW” the stranger said and pushed her away. Clara’s limbs abandoned her to stabilize herself and she fell forward. “Umphff” she cried out of pain when her body met the ground.

Clara turned around and stood irritably despite not properly gaining her composure back. “And your reason...” breathe “...for doing...” breathe “…all of that…” breathe “...is?” she asked, controlling herself from fuming in anger.

The girl stood there, hand by her side. Her fist clenched tightly with her thumb tucked in indicating great discomfort. She was anxious and she was trying to harden herself.

“Well they were chasing me and you were in the middle of the way so I had to do something that would save us both! And what are you even doing here?! Hell, why are your hands so sweaty?!” He yelled in defend.