001

Her Characters

The sounds of dogs barking, people talking, and cars honking are considered ordinary and usual for the citizens of this massive city with a population of approximately 8 million people. The towering skyscrapers and the respective streets resembles canyons. In a more realistic way of portraying it, this bustling city looks like a man-made canyons. The "water" of cars and pedestrian traffic moves along the "riverbed" of asphalt. While the windows and flags form the texture and topography of the canyon walls.

Sometimes the painted blue sky is concealed by the buildings of the city that are so high they seem to curve over. These buildings’ walls appear to be mirroring the other buildings across them and not just that, it reflects the people near them, the hustle, the avarice, the cupidity of a commercial world.

In the centre of it, stood a mighty skyscraper that shines amongst all. The bluish mirrored windows that imitates the reflection of the realm indicates the luxurious wealth of the known owner. On top of it all, the word “GR☆NDIOSE” is placed symbolizing the company’s name.

Grandiose, defines an impressive and magnificent appearance. It’s a well-known brand that sells a number of products that the society yearns to possess. Their clothing lines comes from top notched designers from all over the world. Their magazine was awarded as the No. 1 weekly publication that the people read. Let’s not even start about their stocks, it increases almost every nano seconds. Grandiose is the said gem of the 21st century.

Just who owns this said gem?

 

 

“We’ve been waiting here for half an hour, I’m not a dog that waits for its guardian…” he grunted with a hint of sarcasm. Well in his not so humble opinion, who wouldn’t be frustrated if you have to wait for an appointment that was supposed to start thirty minutes ago?

Oh Sehun sat lethargically on the meetings room’s chair. He was extremely exhausted, fuming in anger and undeniably annoyed. In his perspective, slouching like a sloth was probably the most polite way of saying ‘I am not in the mood’.

The said lad is the world most famous idol. He’s young, ambitious, popular, talented and extremely rich. Known with his charismatic glazing eyes and charming attractive looks, Oh Sehun is the trend itself. People will do what he does, wears what he wore, and says what he quoted. Awarded as No.1 most wanted boyfriend, he can make girls swoon and literally melt to absolutely nothing over him.

Oh Sehun have the ability to make Paris Hilton pregnant with his child. Heck, Zac Efron said he’d go gay for him. Sehun, in other word, is a successful celebrity in the entertainment world.

“Let’s just wait for another 15minutes, she’s an important person. It’s not a surprise she’d be late” his manager persuaded him.

Sehun turned to his right and looked at the view of a bustling hectic city at exactly 9 in the morning. Sitting in a meeting room on the top floor of the prominent Grandiose’ headquarters, he found the scenery of the city more quiet than it truly is.

Finally feeling the growth of his bladder after his second cup of coffee, Sehun excused himself to the toilet, “Make it quick” his manager reminded him in which Sehun replied with an inaudible hummed.

As the tall man came out of the glassed room, he took a left turn and found himself lost at the long isle of office rooms. Sehun walked straight, passing by the glassed rooms of probably some important directors and designers that he never bothered to know.

That is until he stumbled upon a huge glassed door at the end of the hall. What lies inside the room was two identical office tables facing each other with high-tech computers on it. There was another room inside the said room that was decorated with luxurious interiors. ‘Looks like the boss’s room’ he thought.

“May I help you?” a high-pitched voice questioned him. He turned around and found a girl looking at him with a beautiful smile. There were literally fireworks behind her as he stared at the girl from top to toe. She was dressed in a -bow blouse tucked in a pencil skirt and a shining black high heels.

Sehun found his knees turning into rubbers, his heart was pounding and there was a gigantic lump on his throat. Finally realizing that he was supposed to answer her question Sehun cleared his throat, “Urm I was finding the toil…” his words were cut with the sound of her phone ringing.

“Hello…” he could hear the sound of a deep hoarse male’s voice on the other line that interrupted the girl’s greeting though what he said was vague to Sehun’s hearing. As they ended their short conversation, the beautiful petite girl panicked. “Oh god…” and she rushed to the table on the left. Picking up the telephone, she informed the person on the other line “She’s here, 5 minutes top. Tell everyone.”

As she put the phone down, a bald man entered the room holding two files with him. He looked nearly forty in Sehun’s eyes. “She’s not supposed to be here until nine thirty” he said, putting the files on the table.

The girl literally ran to the small kitchen counter behind the table while answering to the bald man, “I have no idea, her driver called me and he said she does not look good.” She opened the small fridge, taking out a bottle of cold green tea drink and took a tulip glass from the top cabinet.

The bald man opened the glass door and yelled “Alright everyone, she’s here” and then Sehun witnessed something that was undeniably amazing. Everybody’s face changed from platonic peacefulness to asylum’s patients. The girl whom he speculated to be the secretary hold the glass in one hand, the drink and some magazines on the other, sprinted inside the main room and set it on the table.

Sehun turned around and looked at the people from the hall that he walked moments before… a young female worker ran inside her glassed room and changed her comfortable orange crocs to a 5-inch high heels. Another girl beside her room literally used her computer’s webcam to apply a shining red lipstick.

He could see the meeting room he was in from the place that he stood, his manager looked as surprised as he was. Two colleague workers were sorting out the messy table full of files, magazines samples and the coffee mugs that he drank from before.

From the look of it, everybody were having a mental breakdown in addition of anxiety attacks but still… they were obligated to work.

 

 

“Thank you” she said with a small smile at the man as he opened the car’s door for her. Turning around, she wore her sunglasses and strode away. That small smile made the male’s soul flew away helplessly.

She walked with confidence. Wearing a chic black shift dress paired up with a limited edition Chanel platform pumps and one of the 5 sold limited handbags around the world. Truth be told, it cost more than your house ever will.

Her arms swayed simultaneously to her feet as she strode into the headquarters of Grandiose. The small smirk of poise, elegance and assertive that was plastered on her face of beauty made everybody in the lobby hall to scoot away, unintentionally making a grand entrance for her. As she walked into the elevator, the people unquestionably went out, bowing their head muttering an apology. She’s the spotlight itself.

Clara. That’s what people call her. She’s bold. She’s feisty. A total hooker for man’s eyes. She has the face of Miss Universe and a mind greater than Einstein himself. She can seal a deal by just smiling throughout the whole meeting. She’s capable of drawing people into her world of fabulousness and make them do everything she says.

The society often recognize her as the cold-hearted ice princess, also the respected genius of the era. Her words are like spewing venoms. Her eyes reflects a burning fire. She lives in a world opposite to Alice’s. Clara’s successful career made her the world’s most influential girl. 

Who is she?

She’s the owner of the 21’s century’s gem; Grandiose.

 

 

Seconds before the ‘BING’ sound can be heard, Jane dashed with lightning speed to the elevator leaving Sehun behind, rooted to the ground like a tree. Jane thought she was in total luck that she got there before Clara appeared with her famous glistening charismatic gaze. 

There was a moment there when she stepped out of the elevator’s door and everybody paused to look at her from top to toe, just for a teeny-tiny second. Why? Well obviously, she’s the boss. The owner. The king of the building. The goddess of the company.

Then… that moment was crushed with her unstoppable updates with Jane, her secretary.

“I don’t understand why it’s so complicated to confirm appointments” she remarked, voice full of annoyance. Clara does not speak arrogantly, maybe if you do not know her you will find it quite bossy. But rather, her words are full of care, tender yet very commanding.

“I apologize Clara. I actually did confirm it with…”

“The fairy-tale of your excuses does not interest me Jane dearly. Anyway tell the chief editor from POSE that I am not interested in doing any interview with them nor am I going to attend one of her Barbie tea party…” Clara informs Jane as they walked through the hallway. Her workers bowed and greeted her as they came across her path; it is not out of fear, but out of respect.

“…and please for the gazillionth times, inform the HR that I refuse to approve the girl that he chose for the fall-tastic model. I asked for innocent, clean and chic but he sent me wild, dirty and lazy” she grunted with irritation as they entered the room.

“…also R.S.V.P., yes I am going to Simone’s party. Tell my driver to drop me off at 8.30 and pick me up at 8.45 sharp…” Clara halted as she realized something was definitely different inside her office. Standing still, exactly shoulders by shoulders on her right was a tall lean man, possibly in his early 20s as she observed.

“Who is this?” she asked her secretary by her left side.

Jane was taken by surprise at her sudden question, I mean who does not know HIM (?)

“Urm... Uhh... this is the… I mean… he’s the endorse…” Jane’s explanation was cut by Clara’s hand gestures as she brought it up and showed her the stop signal. It only meant one thing: she does not care. The exquisite girl continued her walk ahead, brushing the tip of their shoulders a bit.

Again, Sehun was left rooted to the ground like a tree. Only now he felt more miserable and smaller than a bonsai ever will.