Chapter 3

Broken
I was in the library one day with Jason as I brought up the topic of relationships. 
 
“So how many ex-girlfriends have you had?”
 
“I’ve had only one.” 
 
“Oh, cool. How come you two broke up, if you don’t mind me asking.” 
 
“Well, actually we broke up on good terms. The thing is that I’m busy with my stuff and she’s busy helping her parents farm and I guess we don’t really see each other often and that’s why we broke up.” 
 
“Oh really?” 
 
“Yeah.” 
 
“Umm, how many people are in your family?” 
 
“It’s just the six of us, but my sister just got married so now just the five of us living in the house with her dog.” 
 
“Oh I see.” 
 
“Yeah, what about you?” 
 
“There’s eight of us.” 
 
“Cool, because I grew up from a small family I actually think you two as my sisters.” 
 
“Yeah, that’s fine. We think you as a brother too.” I replied and we both gave a small laugh. I then looked at my watch. 
 
“I think you should start heading to class.” 
 
“Yeah, I should, anyways I’ll see you next time then.” He said and waves and went down the stairs. Not long after Mina showed up and then took a seat. 
 
“So, I was just talking to Jason earlier and he says he see’s us a sisters. I told him that we see him as a brother too.” 
 
“Oh, that’s fine, but I mean, I’m still going to confess to get if off my chest.” 
 
“Well that’s on you, if you really want to say it to him or not.” I said to her and grabbed the KitKat she was handing to me. 
 
“I am. I don’t want it to keep bothering me.” She said and I just kept silent. 
 
It’s been a few months since we knew Jason. Hanging out together was pretty much fun all the time but then always sad when leaving for classes. One day I was sitting in the library with Mina after Jason left, and once he went down the stairs and disappeared Mina turned over to me with a serious look. 
 
“Okay Jae In-ah, this question is very serious and I really need to know your answer before I make my decision.” 
 
“What is it?” I asked her. 
 
“Do you like Jason?” 
 
“What? Why are you asking me that?” I looked at her. 
 
“Because it seems like you do. I mean you know so much about him and talk a lot about him all the time. You know, it’s like when you like a person.” She said. 
 
“I don’t like him. I only see him as a friend and brother. Nothing more and I mean it. I mean I would fall for his personality and I would have liked him but then he gives of this brotherly vibe towards us that prevents me to fall for him and I really do mean it, I don’t like him. Don’t worry.” 
 
“You really mean it? Because if you like him then I’ll back away and just toss away my feelings.” 
 
“No, you don’t have to. I don’t like him anyways. So I mean it don’t worry.” I said to her and stood up to throw away the Kitkat wrapper. 
 
“Are you sure? I really mean it though. If you like him I’ll be the one who backs away.” 
 
“No, I really mean it. I don’t like him Mina. I only see him as a brother. No more.” 
 
“Okay, then I’m going to tell him about my feelings.” 
 
“Yeah, go for it.” I told her and patted her shoulder and got ready to leave for class. “Are you going to walk me to class?” I asked her. 
 
“Yeah.” She said and stood with me as we made our way down the stairs. “You said that Jason says he always see you right? Walking pass the stationary building.” 
 
“Yeah.” I replied. 
 
“Well he should be out of class now. Why don’t we go and see if he’s there like what he said or not.” 
 
“That works.” I said as we both made our way towards the Life Science building which passes the Stationary building. As we were walking and see the building I got a call from a random number. 
 
“Hello?” I answer. 
 
“Jae In, this is Jason.” 
 
“Jason?” 
 
“Luckily I answered my phone especially since I didn’t know his number but he knows mine because of that time when I texted to him asking him about how he sees me but I can’t find him and told him to text or call me to explain. However he never did and now he calls me and I didn’t even know his number. He should be surprised I didn’t end the call.” I thought to myself.
 
“Yeah.” 
 
“Do you see me? I’m the person in the gray sitting at the last table.” He said. 
 
I looked over and saw a girl in gray sitting in the last table. 
 
“Mina, that’s not Jason right?” I said to Mina pointing to the person at the last table. 
 
“No, that’s a girl.” She said. 
 
“I thought so too.” 
 
“Jason, the person at the end of the table is a girl.” I said. 
 
“I know, I’m actually behind you guys. I saw you two walk pass the Food building and waited until we turn the corner to call you.” He said as I looked over my shoulder and saw him waving. I waved and then asked him, “Where are you heading?” 
 
“I’m heading to the bath room.” 
 
“Oh, haha, okay then, bye.” I said as we both hung up. 
 
“Well that was funny and weird.” I said to Mina as we both laughed. 
 
“What happened?” Mina asked. I told her what happened as we continued our way to the building almost reaching there when suddenly I thought, “Mina were we suppose to wait for Jason?” 
 
“Uh, I don’t know.” 
 
“Okay, why don’t we both go back and wait for him.” 
 
“That works.” She said as we both made our way back to the Stationary building and waited for him under the shade. As he came we made our way to the Life Science building. We were walking perfectly fine when suddenly Jason’s off to one side and Mina’s off to one side leaving a big gap with me in the middle. 
 
“Okay, why are you both walking so far apart?” I suddenly asked them. 
 
“Uh, we don’t know.” They both said and came close to goose the gap. 
 
“You two are weird.” I said and continued walking. As we arrived beside the Life Science building we continued to chat there for a bit before going our own ways to class. 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Okay, here’s the next chapter for Broken. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.