Chapter 17: Meeting The New Members!

SLY Girls' | AOMG First Girl Group | Disbanded September 1, 2017

Today Hani, Songhee, and Alyssa would meet the two new members of SLY Girls' and they were nervous and unsettled (this is recorded so they couldn't say what they disliked or liked about this situation too fully).

They were in their practice room and all three sat in a semi-circle and one of the female staff asked, "How do you feel about meeting new members?"

Songhee looked at her and said, "To be honest it feels weird going to meet new members but its also something new we will all experience together." Alyssa nodded but not saying anything. Hani looked at the door as it opened and that caught the other girls attention as two girls entered shyly. Hani, Songhee, and Alyssa stood up and slightly bowed to them while the two other girls bowed all the way in respect and being too nervous for meeting their new members.

Then when all five greeted each other, the new members introduced themselves. First was known Alice who bowed to the other three girls and said, "Hello I'll be joining as a new member of SLY Girls' Alice. I did activities beforehand with Hani unnie as a subunit member of Self and I hope we will get along well." she smiled nervously. Hani smiled with Alice as a familiar face as the next girl went next.

The second girl bowed and said, "Hello my name is Sina and I'll be joining as a new member of SLY Girls'. I'm a unnie to Alice here, I'm a '92 liner. Please take care of me." she bowed 90 degrees. Alyssa was thinking how she was still the youngest and wonder if still being the youngest will change things in the group or not. But after the introductions they decided to sit and ask questions to the new members.

Songhee asked Alice, "Alice-ah, I know where the same age and I wish to get closer. I wanted to ask since I was curious." Alice nodded, prepared for the question. Songhee, "You grew up in the United States right?" Alice nodded and said, "Yes but I was born in Korea and moved to the States later on and lived there for about 14 years so my English is fluent like Alyssa who was born in Canada."

Hani looked at Sina and asked, "Sina. Since your a new face to our fans can you give them things about you?"

Sina nodded and said, "Well like I said I was born in 1992 and I'm actually half Korean and half Italian. I look a little more Italian than Korean as you can tell. But I was born and raised in Korea all my life and Korean is the only language I do know."

Hani was shocked, "Your very pretty Sina-ah." Sina was shy and blushed and thanked Hani, "Thank you Hani unnie."

Alyssa raised her hand and asked, "This may be a little sensitive to ask Sina unnie but this is something I've experienced since coming to Korea and train, but did you ever feel different in school?"

Sina nodded, "Yes of course I did. Being mostly looking like Italian than Korean I felt out of place then some of my friends who were full Korean. But I was lucky enough to find friends who were half like me and it was fine. But the thing that still troubles me is that people think I can't speak Korean cause I don't look Korean so I get things asked in English and I can't understand English either, so yes its hard."

Alyssa and said afterwards, "I agree unnie. Of course when I first came here I couldn't speak Korean but even when I became fluent in it I get asked if I can speak English." Alice was just listening an couldn't say much to that since she was full Korean so she never had that problem in Korea or the States.

After that conversation the girls were separated in different rooms by the current members and new members. In the room wtih Hani, Songhee, and Alyssa the staff asked them what they think of the two new members to be added to the group. Hani answered, "I worked with Alice before in Self, so having her in the group made me feel reassured since she is a good dancer as well as a rapper."

Songhee, "Sina unnie and Alice look like really nice people and I hope me and Alice can become good friends after this point." 

Alyssa, "I like both unnies and I think me and Sina unnie will be able to relate to a lot of things that we have in common. I hope we can have a lot of fun times together." she nodded.

In the other room a staff member asked Sina and Alice how they felt meeting the current members of SLY Girls'. Sina answered, "I was actually nervous the whole time even if it didn't look like it. Meeting them and now that they are my members I feel relived and I can't wait to debut."

Alice answered with, "Since I did Self with Hani unnie I felt comfortable around here. But for Songhee and Alyssa it was a little more nervous but I think we'll be able to get along well and become great members together." both Sina and Alice were then called into the room with the other three girls and those three prepared a cake to congratulate Sina and Alice for entering as official members as SLY Girls'.

The only step for the Sina and Alice is to officially debut as members of SLY Girls', and it was a journey they couldn't wait to get started.