Chapter 2

Crater
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"W-would you like to eat lunch with me?"

 

The sudden offer startled Chorong. They had just met 15 minutes ago, but Bomi full out volunteered to drop Chorong off at her class after the latter announced that she was new here. Chorong made it clear that Bomi need not busy herself, but to be honest, Chorong was actually enjoying this. Thank god Bomi's fans were all gone now (Bomi's aegyo a day keeps all the fans away). The quiet walk to class was interrupted by Bomi's shy lunch 'date' request. They arrived in front of the open door of Chorong's psychology class. The class was still free from students and the professor. It was just Bomi and Chorong in the hallway. The silence flushed Bomi's face. And Chorong didn't fail to notice such details.

 

"Who actually are you, Yoon Bomi?" Chorong asked sweetly. She wanted to know more about Bomi.

 

"W-what do you m-mean?" Bomi mumbled as her eyes tried to find somewhere to look at.

 

"You're famous in Seoul University," Chorong commented while folding her thumb, "Your name is Yoon Bomi," - Chorong folded her index finger - "You're shy," - Chorong folded the succeeding finger.

 

"And," Chorong paused, looking at Bomi's face, "you're cute."

 

Chorong folded her ring finger at last, only leaving her pinky finger. She gave a cheeky smile. God, where did she even learn to be this greasy my god. Maybe she should actually be thanking her parents right now for transferring her to Seoul University because,

 

"I wanna know more about you, Yoon Bomi," Chorong softly chimed at Bomi who was caught off guard and coughed out loud.

 

"C-Chorong.."

 

"I promise to eat lunch with you if you promise to tell me more about yourself," Chorong raised her pinky finger and gestured Bomi to link her pink finger in return.

 

Bomi's cheeks flushed as she brought up her pinky and tied the bond with Chorong. Right on time, the bell rang. For a brief second, the two girls looked into each other's eyes. Eyes are a person's mirror to his or her soul. And it only took that second for both Bomi and Chorong to sense something - a tingly feeling inside that makes you yearn for water to quench your thirst. It was a foreign feeling, but a good one.

 

Before they almost drowned in eachother's eyes, Bomi broke the trance, "I-I b-better get going now," she hastily said as she broke away from the eye contact and the pinky link. Chorong nodded her head with a sheepish smile and mumbled an almost inaudible, "Ok."

 

"Okay.." Bomi said awkwardly, not knowing what to do next, "I-I-I'll come pick you up after c-class? F-for lunch?"

 

Bomi's husky voice was the charm. Chorong nodded her head and then quickly gestured Bomi to leave as she saw students crowd into the hall. Bomi obliged and hastily waved at Chorong with a smile before running off.

 

"Oh Bomi! What brings you here?" a man in his late 40s asked Bomi as she was almost out of sight from Chorong. The man fixed his glasses and checked his watch. Realizing that he was short on time, he didn't give Bomi time to answer.

 

"Anyways, good luck at your match today, Bomi! Come see me one day soon, as well." He added with a geniune smile and look. Bomi nodded her head before running down the hall.

 

//

 

Bomi grabbed the towel from her bag and let out a deep breath as she wiped her sweat. She sat down on the floor mats and glimpsed at the clock. The smile that was evident on her smile was nowhere to be seen. 11:26AM. About 45 min till the end of Chorong's class, and... about 3

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter