Chapter 3.1

Crater
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: Thank you everyone! Thank you so much! Hopefully this chapter isn't too boring for you guys... :) 

 

2015  

THE 25TH TAEKWONDO STATE CHAMPIONSHIP 

 

"Ah! Nana goes for the 3 points! Now this puts Nana in the lead!" a voice bellowed in the stadium. The state championship was broadcasting live, and every second counted. The stadium was filled with screams and fans. The fans were evidently divided in seating. And of course Bomi's fans had the largest section.  

 

The time on the counter read 2MIN 34 SEC, with the seconds decreasing by every blink of an eye. Nana from Busan College and Yujeong from Hango Uni were up for the first match. The other players were spending their time either practicing or resting, whatever suited their taste. Bomi, just like she had told Chorong, was in the locker room, which was, as usually, empty.

 

Her first match would be in less than an hour. 5,000,000₩ was on the line. Not to mention, this time there would be Chorong in the audience as well. Bomi was in her uniform, sitting on the bench with her face buried in her palms. The cheers and hollers from the stadium were still audible in the locker room. Letting out a sigh, Bomi  her lips as she checked the time. It was way past 2pm.  

 

Just as Bomi was about to rummage through her bag for her phone, the door to the locker room opened, and Bomi's coach, Mr.Choi called out for Bomi, "Bomi someone's here for you. Do you know a Park Chorong?"  

 

At the mention of Chorong's name, a smile plastered onto Bomi's face. She hastily ran to the door. She gave Mr.Choi a look of reassurance before facing Chorong. The older girl was wearing ripped jeans with a seethrough white t-shirt and of course Chorong's black bra wasn't a detail to be missed.  

 

"H-hi...!" Bomi shyly waved at Chorong. Swear, they just saw eachother literally an hour ago but why were introductions and greetings always so awkward and shy. Bomi scratched her head as she wasn't really sure what to do now that Chorong actually came.  

 

"You look different," Chorong responded, realizing that the mood needed a lift, "Nonetheless, you look great." 

 

Bomi's face flushed at the comment. Bomi's eyes fell to the ground for a brief second as she tried to hide her smile. However, Bomi's face turned even more red when Chorong initiated skinship.  

 

"I don't know where I should sit," Chorong said as she reached out for Bomi's hands, "so you're going to find me a seat with the best view." Intertwining her fingers with Bomi's, Chorong pulled Bomi, leading the way to the stadium.  

 

Ah damn. Yoon Bomi. Calm yourself. It's okay. You're just holding hands with a girl. Why is your heart pounding so fast huh. Oh ho ho! You must be nervous! No not nervous cause you're holding hands with Chorong! Of course not! Haha! You're just nervous for the compet- 

 

Bomi was fully occupied with her thoughts when she came in contact quite unexpectedly with someone. With her hand still holding onto Chorong, Bomi, like a reflex, bowed to the person she bumped in while apologizing, "I-I'm s-sorry!" As Bomi lifted her head up to see who she had bumped into, she heard a small chuckle. 

 

"Still stuttering as always." someone mumbled under a light chuckle. 

 

That voice. Bomi's eyes widened as she registered the voice in her head... 

 

"E-eunji..." 

 

Chorong glimpsed at the stranger. It looked like Bomi and the stranger were more than acquaintances. And by the outfit of the stranger, Chorong could assume that the girl, just like Bomi, was present as a Taekwondo fighter. 

 

"Yoon Bomi," Eunji said in a low voice. It sent shivers down Bomi's spine, "I'll see you later." Eunji's smirk gnawed at Bomi. Before Bomi could react, Eunji walked past Bomi and Chorong. Chorong who had just witnessed the strang encounterance could only say one thing,

 

"I don't like the way she looks at you." Chorong tightened her grip on Bomi's hand as she attended to the younger girl who was spacing out. The first match must have been coming to an end for the noise was elevating in the stadium. Chorong looked at Bomi with concerned eyes. The girl was staring off into space with her eye brows furrowed. "Bomi, who is she?" Chorong asked. 

 

Bomi bit her lips as she helplessly revealed herself once more to Chorong, "Jung Eunji....," Bomi looked down at Chorong and tried to force a smile, "...my..sister..." 

 

// 

 

"Bomi, this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter