Chapter 3.2

Crater
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: I can't believe it's been a month since the last update ! Im so sorry! (sobeus) Heres a little long chapter ! I tried to format it a bit neater but its how it is... hopefully I can fix it later... But...please enjoy! (What am I saying. Sorry if its boring!!) TY!

 

"I want you to go to school." said a voice in the large dining room. The voice belonged to man in his early 50s – someone of high eminence. As soon as his words left his mouth, the once noisy dining room turned silent.  

 

"Honey if this is abo-" to the left of the man there was his wife, who spoke earnestly as she knew what her husband was taking this conversation to.

 

"School? Dad," spoke the man's son. He was wearing a white button up shirt with a tie. With a sigh, he asked, "What is the reason, father?"  

 

"You'll be getting married soon." the father exposed the truth. Immediately, his son darted his eyes to his father with widening eyes. "Dad, you know I am busy with the company. I'm the heir of SUHO Enterprises, dad. I am not ready to get married. And, I don't have anyone in mind."  

 

A small smile enclosed on the father's face, "Junmyeon," he said softly, "Marriage in our world doesn't entirely exist from love."Junmyeon's brows furrowed at the comment. "You make the most out of what you have."  

 

Junmyeon clenched his teeth as he laid his utensils on the table. There was no use to fight against his father, Junmyeon learned. He had fought not to become the heir of the family business, but look at where he was. Was he mad? Yes, surely, because his voice was never heard. But did he have a choice? No.  

 

"...Who is she?"Junmyeon helplessly asked as politely as possible, "What school...is it?"  

 

Junmyeon's father smiled as if he knew his son would oblige with his orders. To the left of him, Junmyeon's mother let out a small smile as to 'cheer up' his son. After all, this was for the family.  

 

"Park Chorong. Same age as you. She's the heiress of Park Corporations. Her parents recently transferred her to our school, Seoul Uni. She isn't informed about this marriage, for that is your part."  

 

Junmyeon raised a brow at the last comment, "What do you mean?"  

 

"I mean that you, my son, have the job of falling in love with Park Chorong and proposing to her."  

 

//  

 

"7 to 9! With Yoon Bomi in the lead! And we are less than 3 minutes into the final round!" screamed the announcer. His voice cracked and his eyes were focused on the match.  

 

Both Eunji and Bomi had advanced to the finals without breaking a sweat. And it wasn’t a surprise to anyone either, for the match between Yoon Bomi and Jung Eunji was the most anticipated, predicted match of the tournament today. The finals consisted of three rounds: two 5 minute rounds, and one 7 minute round. The first two rounds resulted with Bomi and Eunji winning one round respectively. And so, the final and last round would determine who would take the gold home.  

 

Both girls were sweating rivers and their breaths were uneven. There was not one second to spare. Attack after attack the two exchanged. Eunji grit her teeth as she kicked Bomi in the chest as hard as she could, sending the girl down to the ground. Bomi groaned as she eyed the scoreboard. 9 to 9. . Bomi hastily got to back up and concentrated on her own attacks.  

 

"5,000,000 ₩ on the line for the winner! It's a tie between Jung and Yoon!" screamed the announcer with the backup of a screaming crowd.  

 

Bomi's eyes glared at Eunji. She blocked Eunji's incoming kick and instead scored 2 points as she landed a kick on Eunji. "Lose....Eunji." Bomi muttered rather softly. Eunji's ears perked as she let out a muffled chuckle. "I have a girlfriend and mom waiting for me. I can't lose."  

 

Bomi clenched her teeth as she gritted her words, "I..warned you."  

 

Within the next second Eunji was on the ground and the score altered once again. 9:14. Bomi had nearly knocked Eunji out with her fully powered hit to the head. Less than 3 minutes were left in the match. Bomi let out a sigh of a mix of relief and grief as she saw Eunji stand up with minor struggles.

 

"If the gold is what you want, then take it," Eunji gritted, "But I won't let you get it without suffering."  

 

It pained Bomi, how everything Eunji said shot her like daggers; how Eunji's presence made Bomi feel as if she was walking on broken glass. It was a miracle how Bomi could face Eunji and fight her like now. She had always put up a facade when it came to Eunji, trying to act indifferent and heartless. However, that facade was slowly fading, but Eunji still remained blind to it. No, even if she could see through Bomi, she wouldn't let Bomi off the hook so easily. Not after all the pain she, personally, went through.  

 

"As long as I get the gold," Bomi said with a bitter smile that was covered by her face mask, "I don't care."  

 

A fire started in Eunji's eyes. A wide smirk appeared on Eunji's face but that too was invisible in Bomi's eyes.  

 

Eunji clenched her fists as she approached Bomi, "I warned you.”  

 

//  

 

Naeun checked her phone for the umpteenth time. The last time she had talked to Eunji was exactly 2 hours and 34 minutes. Naeun sighed. It was always like this. She would refuse to go watch Eunji's match and she refused to entertain herself by watching the match on tv. It wasn't that she didn't want to, but more like she couldn't stand the thoughts of Eunji losing or getting hurt. And so Son Naeun was a beggar of time.  

 

Naeun let out a sigh. She closed her eyes as she tried to sleep through the time....once again. As soon as she had retracted herself onto the road to dreamland, her phone rang. Naeun's eyes immediately shot open and a wide smile creased onto her face.  

 

"Unnie!" Naeun squealed at the thought of Eunji. Naeun grabbed her phone to answer the call with crescent eyes, only to find out that it was not her beloved Eunji who had called but..  

 

"Oppa?" Naeun greeted the caller. It was her older cousin. "I haven't talked to you in a while, oppa."  

 

The man chuckled, "Yeah, sorry Naeun-ah. I've been quite busy nowadays. I always say that I'm going to contact you more often, but it never seems to work out."  

 

"It's okay. I understand." Naeun said with a smile. She laid back down on her bed and looked up the cieling.  

 

"How's school? Is Busan College worth the money than our Seoul Uni?"    

 

Naeun giggled as she knew how she would be joked about. "Really worth it," answered Naeun with a sheepish smile. Naeun imagined Eunji's face on the cieling.  

 

"Really? Well it's a bummer we aren't going to the same school, Naeun-ah."  

 

Naeun's eyed widened. Had sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter