This Is Not Love; This Is Just Your Obsession

You're Suffocating Me - CYW Challenge Entry

Wow...I swear, this was like 9 pages when I wrote it. This is the most I've ever written in one day, in a long time. I can't belivee I finished it in a day. I fully enjoyed writing it though. The ending was a total surprise for me when  I thought it up. You'll see >.< I was definitely shocked though. Well, that's that. I hope you all enjoy.

By the way, any Jonghyun lovers, I love Jonghyun too. He's actually my second bais in SHINee. Remember that I have nothing against him. No, he is not a psycho. This is all for creative purposes, and I only used him because I remembered his song "Obsession" that he wrote, and it made me smile. Then I decided that I wanted to use Jonghyun as the main character. I most definitely do not have anythign against him though. Thsi is purely for writing purposes.

Please enjoy!~


"Hey, jagiya." His warm breath brushed against her ear. She turned her head to glance up at his wide grin, and sighed. She slowly plucked his arms off her waist. As soon as she swerved to meet his gaze, a pair of lips crashed onto her's, moving quickly against them. Her gaze remained unamused, her eyes dully lit. He stopped short in his action, pulling away with a bewildered expression, as he noticed that she wasn't returning the action. Loosely her arms, he spoke softly and quietly, in a gentle tone. 
 
"What's wrong, jagiya? Did something happen?" Worry seeped into his tone. Cho Hee sighed heavily, running a free hand through her hair. With one hand on her hip, she glanced down towards the ground with a frustrated troubled expression. When her gaze finally met his again, it was a serious one. A nauseous feeling arose in his stomach; a bad feeling. 
 
"J-Jagiya?" He called, his voice faltering. He glanced at her with pleading eyes, but it seemed as though he couldn't reach her. That bright light they usually held was gone. His grasp around her arms loosened. His limp arms fell to his sides in defeat. Anxiety and nerves ate at his heart like crazy. He glanced up into her eyes with hope, yet he somehow had a feeling that there would be none. 
 
"Jonghyun." Her voice was stern, yet spoken in a hushed whisper. Her gaze fell to her side, with a hardened expression on her face. He suddenly felt as though a thousand arrows were being shot through his heart. That's the way it was with love. When she was angry, he was angry; When she was sad, he was sad; When she was happy, he was happy. He reassuringly her hair, offering her a gentle sad smile. Then, something he never would have expected happened. She swatted his hand away, breaking off the caring action. She swatted his hand away. 
 
"Jonghyun!" She repeated, this time a bit louder. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, he could finally get a better look at her face. She still wore that same troubled expression, yet this time it was mixed with a hint of guilt. Tears began to well up in her eyes; stubborn tears that refused to fall. Inside, he felt his heart crumble. He desperately wanted to help her, he wanted to know just what was bothering her so much. After all, he didn't want his Cho Hee to cry. He just wanted to see her smiling fa- 
 
"I can't do this anymore." 
 
"W-What?" He stuttered in shock. His brain could not yet comprehend any of the words she said. They were much too vague; much too simplistic. 
 
"It's-it's just not there anymore. The sparks just aren't there anymore!" She exclaimed angrily, throwing her hands up in the air. She bit down on her lip, in attempt to compose herself. A shaky sigh left her lips as she once again, crossed her arms across her chest. Jonghyun, on the other hand, gaped at her in confusion. The words had not rendered through his brain. Frustration bit at him like the freezing cold of the November weather. 
 
"What are you talking about? What sparks?" He questioned, desperately seeking the answers. Cho Hee stared into his eyes, with a cold foreign emotion that he had never seen her produce before. He awkwardly shuffled his feet, yet never breaking her gaze. 
 
"This..." She sighed, motioning to the space between them. "I don't think it's going to work anymore." His eyes widened. The world had suddenly become motionless and silent, except for the sound of his increased heartbeat. His cheeks flushed an upset pink. Jonghyun felt tears sting at his eyes, before he could even comprehend her words. They just came naturally. She paused and took a breath, before speaking again. "This isn't love, Jonghyun. I'm not in love with you. I used to think we had it all, but after a while...the sparks just died. Right now, I don't feel anything." 
 
Jonghyun's mouth dropped open. He stared up at her, only to find her head turned away. She didn't want to see the destruction she was causing in his heart. She didn't want to meet his burning gaze, and to see all the pain that she was inflicting on him. She didn't want any part of him anymore. Tears slowly began to roll down his cheeks, as he incredulously gaped at the girl. Sharp pains shot through his chest, aimed right for his heart. He slowly felt it being torn apart. Little by little, his heart was breaking, and both of them knew it. 
 
"I-I..." Jonghyun started, although he didn't know what he could possibly say. No further words had come out of his mouth because neither of them had anything left to say. There was nothing that could be said; this was the end. It was the period at the end of the sentence. His mind reeled with various thoughts; various things that he wanted to tell her, things that would be left unsaid, but he couldn't produce any sound except for his shaky breathing and silent sobs. 
 
Her gaze was locked to the ground in guilt. She bit her lip, willing herself to move. As she brushed past him, she offered him her last words, as if to compensate. 
 
"Jonghyun, we were never really in love, so I hope you can find someone new and perfect for you. This is hard for both of us, but I want you to be happy too." A silent never-ending pause rang through the air, so awkwardly that it just felt as though a pause that long just shouldn't belong. "Goodbye." 
 



It had been three weeks. Jonghyun had been counting the days because now, each day seemed significantly longer and never-ending, as if it were taunting him. If each second felt like a year, then by now he'd have been centuries old because now, he waited on every second like a hawk. The goofy giddy smile that had once never left him was now long gone. Any hint of it had been wiped off by that one incident that he just couldn't handle. Even to this day, he couldn't comprehend it one bit. All he could do now, was spend his sleepless nights asking why. 
 
Jonghyun never slept often anymore. It was as if a portion of his life were missing; a portion that kept him from being able to function. He could no longer eat, sleep, or even breath sometimes. If he hadn't reminded himself to keep breathing, he'd probably be dead by now. If he didn't push away his fear of those horrid amazingly realistic dreams of the break-up with Cho Hee, he'd have passed out from fatigue; and if he hadn't forced whatever morsel of food he could down his parched throat, he probably would've starved. He now got by by forcing himself to live, although he had no basis. 
 
He felt as if he weren't even Kim Jonghyun anymore. No, now he was just that shell of a person, that shell that Lee Cho Hee left behind. He was nothing without her, and he soon came to realize this. That was the problem with loving someone, there was always that chance of falling so deep that you'd drown, and that's exactly what he'd done. He could no longer cherish love because it was this very same feeling that had him pressed against the world and a wall, with no escape. It was this very same feeling that clawed at his eyes and throat, in attempt to tear his intestines inside out. 
 
He was in love with Cho Hee. That was where she was wrong. He was very much in love with her. Being inseparable, wanting nothing but to see her face, sharing all her emotions with her, feeling as though he'd go crazy without her; wasn't that what love was? It wasn't he that didn't know love, it was her. She just couldn't see it. She broke his heart, without seeing those emotions that were deep inside, and that was where she made her mistake. 
 
He swore that she'd regret it. She had to. Cho Hee would regret leaving the only man that would love her this much. It'd be nearly impossible to find someone who'd love her more, and then, Jonghyun would feel at peace. 
 
He laid his tired body down on his stiff bed, throwing aside another tear soaked pillow. He had already attempted sleep for the night, but it seemed that his broken heart and fear instilled body just wouldn't have another horrifying re-lived break-up even if it were through a dream, or rather, a nightmare. With a quiet grumble, he pressed a hand to his aching heart, and stumbled towards the door. His tired body could not stand being in the house for even another second. He knew he had to escape. 
 
He dragged his battered body through the empty night streets, glancing up at the sky as he walked. His gaze traveled towards the different houses, noticing the neighborhood that he was in. He suddenly felt his soul itch.  He bit his lip in attempt to contain himself, and all his desires. He exhaled loudly, producing an unsteady breath that illuminated the winter sky in a white puff. He shuffled his feet, fighting with himself inside his heart and mind. 
 
'I-I can't. If I go see her now, it'll only hurt more. I've avoided it for three weeks now...I can last another day.' 
 
His body ignored his thoughts, taking a sharp right turn. Although unsure of himself, he started sprinting in one direction, searching eagerly for the brightly lit window. Jonghyun soon found himself down an all too familiar street. He suddenly came to a stop, breathing loudly, as he gazed up at his object of affection. His focus was now glued to that one window. Nothing else mattered anymore because all he could see was that, and her silhouette. 
 
Through the cracks of the curtain, he could make out a bit of her face; her beautiful face. A wide smile broke out across his face as soon as he saw her. He breathed in and out, relieved to finally be able to breath again. He felt fatigue rush over him, but he felt all too excited to go to sleep. He felt as though he were high. Fluttery feelings that he oh-so-dearly missed suddenly appeared once again in his heart. Jonghyun never wanted this moment to end. He once again, felt whole. He felt like his heart would beat again; like he could breath again; like he could eat and sleep again. He felt human. He felt love. 
 
On his way back to his house, he stopped short. His eyebrows furrowed in irritation when emptiness hit him again, hard. With a loud grumble, he eagerly his lips. The boy's breathing increased, his breaths loud and unsteady. His unsatisfied gaze darted back down the street, his mind shouting and screaming at him. 
 
He needed more. 
 
He silently made a mad dash back for the house, where he would watch her for the rest of the night. Because he couldn't do without. 
 



She breathed a sigh, slinging her bag, which had slipped down her shoulder, over it again to keep it in place. In the cold winter morning, she could see her own breath in a small white cloud. She shivered in her gray jacket against a cool breeze that had just hit her face. Her momentary peaceful quiet morning was broken by the sound of buzzing. She reached in her pocket to pull out her phone, smiling as she saw that she had received a text from Lee Jinki. 
 
"Hey! How is my wonderful baby Cho Hee on this fine morning? :)" 

 
She giggled at the message. Her  cheeks lit a light pink, as she read. Her fingers tapped rapidly against the mini keyboard of the phone, as she typed a quick reply. 
 
"Yah! Baby? I'm not the immature one here! >:( On a side note, I'm perfectly fine, oppa. :)" 
 
She finished up the message quickly, sent it, and smiled warmly to herself. Suddenly, a shuffle sounded from behind her. She nearly jumped at the sound. Cho Hee glanced behind her shoulder, but found nothing. She shivered once more, yet dismissed her seeming paranoia. Instead, she shoved her phone back into her pocket, and quickened her pace. Footsteps sounded throughout the utter silence; loud footsteps, which she knew weren't her own. 
 
Cho Hee figured this was a prank. It wasn't a very funny prank at all. She almost wanted to laugh at herself for being slightly scared at the footsteps. With a bit of irritation, she once again, glanced over her shoulder. She caught a glimpse of a shadow as it darted off into the other direction. Her eyes widened, and she stopped in her tracks. With balled up fists, she turned around quickly, glaring at the empty pavement. 
 
"Yah! This isn't funny! Whoever you are, come out!" She hollered. She angrily narrowed her eyes, and surveyed the area. Another shuffle was heard. She directed her attention to a telephone pole, where a thin, pale, short boy appeared from. She blinked, squinting her eyes, as she could not recognize this boy. It took her a good three minutes before she finally could tell who it was. hung open and low, and her eyes widened. 
 
"J-Jonghyun?" She stammered. Cho Hee gaped at him incredulously. She had to do a double-take just to make sure that it was the same person. She hadn't seen him in three weeks, yet she hadn't thought of it as a long time. Who knew that in such a short time, one could change this much? Before her, was a pale, sickly looking thin boy with dark bags under his eyes. He looked as though he hadn't eaten or slept in days. He'd grown so unbearably thin, that he looked like a skeleton, shivering against the wind in his bones. His bloodshot eyes were wide open, staring back at her own chocolate orbs, and she suddenly felt as though he could see right through her. 
 
Her lower lip trembled, but not because of the cold. She honestly didn't know where this sudden feeling had come from. She had never felt something like this around Jonghyun before. He was always a comfortable person, but now... 
 
"Oh gosh. Is that you Jonghyun? You look horrible! Are you sick? Are you okay?" These countless questions left her lips, yet she made no move to rush towards him or help him. Although she had planned to, her body and mind were telling her not to. Cho Hee's mind screamed the word "danger" repeatedly, and she had no choice but to listen to her intuition. Her heart beat rapidly, as a small smile reached his face, yet not his eyes. Although this would have seemed like a common gentle smile, she felt otherwise. His lips curved up at an unnatural angle, creating a lopsided Cheshire grin. A hoarse chuckle reached his throat; a creepy eerie chuckle that was easily overpowered by the sound of the wind. 
 
"I'm fine, Cho Hee. Everything's perfect." She cringed as the words reached her ears. Her heartbeat sped up rapidly, and her legs urged her to move. Before she could process anything through her mind, she already found herself running. When she came to a stop, she had silent tears running down her cheeks. She glanced back over her shoulder just to reassure herself that he was gone. 
 
He was still standing there. He made no move to approach her this time. Instead, he just stood there and watched, with a creepy wide grin plastered on his face. His gaze never left her. 
 
For the first time in her life, Cho Hee now knew real fear. 
 



"Hello!~ You've reached Lee Cho Hee. I can't answer your call at the moment, so please leave me a message!" 
 
Jonghyun growled, flinging his phone at a nearby wall. It broke into separate full pieces on impact, yet the damn indestructible device didn't break. He scowled, and breathed loudly. Jonghyun gritted his teeth, and glared at the wall, as if to blame it for not being harder, and not crushing the stupid thing. His hands balled up into fists, and he clutched his head, hoping his anger would subside. 
 
He'd been endlessly calling; every day, all day because just the sound of her breathing was enough to get him that high he always got when he felt she was near. His anger had risen to a pitch when she'd ignored his call for the 20th time. Every night he'd sit by the street lamp near her house, where he could catch a glimpse of her face through the cracks of the window. Sometimes, if he was lucky enough the window door to the terrace would be open, and he'd feel that slight temptation to climb up the tree by her window and crawl in as she slept. 
 
He'd never experienced something as thrilling as this. Lee Cho Hee had become more than just the woman he loved. She was now like a drug that he couldn't be without. Whenever he saw her or heard her voice, he'd feel his heart race and adrenaline pump through his veins. Whenever her shaky breath sounded in the air, he couldn't help but want more and more. This original want just to see her face became a need. He needed to see her, he needed to hear her, and he needed to feel her near him. Otherwise, he felt as though he'd go insane. 
 
Every morning he found himself following her shadow as she walked. He grinned at the fact that she was so unknowing. Sometimes she wouldn't even realize that he was there, while other times she would, and she would shiver. Was she shivering out of excitement as he was? 
 
Jonghyun slowly bent over to rearrange the pieces of his phone back in place to make another call. He gazed up at the illuminating light pouring from her lit window. A wide grin crept its way to his face, as the rage finally left his body to be replaced with anxiety and excitement. 
 
Whatever he'd felt for her before wasn't nearly as strong as what he felt now. To be honest, he wasn't sure if he could even have considered that love. He knew that the emotions he felt now were love. Always wanting to see her face and to hear her voice, being willing to do whatever to have her close, and smiling at just the very thought of her being his; wasn't that love? She was his. They were inseparable, no matter how much she'd try to run. They were meant to be, and nothing could get in the way. If it tried, it'd only be crushed. There was no one else for her and no one else for him because one way or another, they'd end up together. He'd make it happen no matter what. No matter how many people he'd have to hurt. 
 
He tried to call again. A dark grin was practically taped to his face, like it wasn't meant to be there. His bloodshot eyes scanned her room, excitement surging through his body as he saw her silhouette move and reach towards the phone. 
 
"H-hello?" Her sweet intoxicating tone finally reached his ears, causing him to his lips hungrily. His breathing quickened. Hearing her voice and knowing that she was only a few meters away made him feel so close. There was nothing he wanted more at this moment, than to be even closer. He wanted to be right behind her, like a wolf ready to attack its prey. He wanted to be so close that he could reach out, touch her, and never let her go. 
 
"It's me." He breathed in a raspy tone. He grinned at the sound of her gasp. She sounded scared, and he loved it. He wanted more of it; more and more. He'd do whatever it take to get more. 
 
"St-Stop it." 
 



"St-Stop it." She stuttered through chattering teeth. A chill ran down her spine, and she shivered. Cho Hee quickly glanced over her shoulder at the open window leading towards the small terrace outside her room. She tugged her cardigan closer to her body, and wrapped her arms around her chest. Her heart beat fast at the sound of his heavy breathing. It was unnatural, unsteady...unstable. "I-I mean it." 


There was a long pause before any type of reply actually came, yet she knew he was still there. That had become evident by the loud heavy breathing on the other end of the phone. 


"You didn't answer my last call." He finally spoke in a low, almost threatening voice. Her heart momentarily stopped. Her face drained of color, and she gasped for air. Adrenaline pumped through her veins at a speedy pace. Fear. Her eyes were wide, as she gaped at the phone, shivering. This time, she wasn't trembling because she was cold, but because she was scared. She didn't know anything. What he was capable of was unknown to her, but she knew it was a hell lot more than she originally planned it to be. 


Seeing as there was no reply from the girl, Jonghyun continued in that said raspy desperate dark tone. 


"I can see you." 
 

She broke into silent tears before she could actually comprehend what was being said to her. With shaky, jello-like legs, she slowly crept to the terrace, pushing aside the curtains. They brushed past her as she walked by. She leaned against the railing, peering down into a nearby street light, where a stranger stood frozen in place next to a telephone booth. Sure enough, he was glancing up at her creepily with a grin plastered to his face, as though someone had cut out a grin with a knife from ear to ear. 
 

Cho Hee held her breath, fearing that if she breathed, she'd only experience worse; something she'd regret. 


"I've been here all night, Cho Hee. I've been watching you all night."  


She held her breath, suddenly wanting nothing but to turn on her heel and to leave. She couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't take the fear that plagued her mind each and everyday as he stalked her on her way home. She couldn't stand the constant calls he'd been sending her; the fear that if she answered the phone she'd have to face him. She felt like she was being suffocated; like she couldn't breath. He was always watching her with that same creepy grin. He was always following her, claiming her as his. It was as if she were a bird that he was trying to capture. Cho Hee felt like she was sinking in his love; in his obsession. It was absorbing her, and cutting off her air to breath. 


It was kidnapping her, in attempt to detach her from the real world; in attempt to make her his doll. And it was frightening 


She pressed the phone to her chest, and sobbed as she crumbled to her knees. She didn't want him to feel the sick pleasure of hearing her cries. Tears flowed down her cheeks like a flooding river. They endlessly flowed, but even they weren't enough to release all her pent up emotions. Crying wouldn't make the fear go away. The fear would never go away until he stopped.  
 

He had to leave her alone. He had to realize that this wasn't love. This was just his obsession. What he was feeling now was sick. It was unnatural. It was a disorder, and her nightmare wouldn't stop until he got over his sick twisted disease. But that was impossible. It'd never happen because he was already gone. That man was no longer Kim Jonghyun. He was just the shell of the boy who had once been that had now been twisted into something new. He'd gone insane.  
 

Once she had finally gotten ahold of herself, she brought the phone back to her ear. She could still hear his heavy breathing. Glancing out her window, she could still catch a glimpse of his face. He just stood there, waiting and smiling, knowing that she was also still there. 


"You're sick." She hissed, throwing aside her fears just for this moment because this was something she needed to say. Her voice was unsteady and shaky, as if the tears were threatening to fall once more. She bit her lip, and cast a frightful look towards the dark figure waiting across the street. "This isn't love, Jonghyun. You're obsessed, and you need to stop it. I can't stand seeing you anymore. It feels suffocating, so please just leave me alone. Leave and never come back. I don't want to see your face ever again." 


A loud scream sounded in her ear. She winced, holding the phone away from her earlobe. Her heart beat rapidly, and her eyes trailed outside the window. Sure enough, the scream had come from Jonghyun. Another angry shout was heard as he held his phone up ready to it towards the ground, where it would crash to pieces. He stopped midway in the action, and held the phone back up to his ear. 


"You don't know what love is. You don't know my feelings. This is love, Cho Hee. Why can't you see that?" She shivered at his raspy voice, and slowly exhaled the breath that she had been holding up until this point. "I will never leave you alone, Lee Cho Hee. Never." 
 

"You're mine." 



Cho Hee froze in action as she picked up the small white clumsily wrapped box. Her heart froze with her, and all color drained from her face. Although she was reluctant, she forced herself to slowly unravel the paper. She ripped bits and bits slowly, pushing away the paper, not even bothering to waste time discarding it. She easily pulled the lid off the box, and clawed through the paper. What lied at the bottom was something she never wanted to see. She felt bile burn in , as a reaction to the immense fear that gnawed at her soul. Clutching her stomach, she ran for the bathroom, and proceeded to throw herself over the toilet where she threw up. 
 
After finishing her business, Cho Hee fell to the ground. She didn't want to see them anymore. She didn't want to have to go back to that room to see what lay in the box. That horrid threat that she could only infer the meaning behind. More sobs escaped as she crawled back towards the room. She weakly clutched the white box, forcing herself to stare back into that damn object. Dead roses lay inside. They had turned a sickening light brown, the same color as dried blood. 
 
She one of the petals, feeling it crumble immediately inside her hands. Feeling weak at heart, she kneeled to the ground. She could no longer keep herself up. She could no longer think without having his threatening grin come up in her thoughts. She could no longer breathe without feeling like the air lacked oxygen.  
 
The frightened girl crawled on her knees towards the trash can. With shaky breaths, she dumped the remainder of the dead roses into the trash can. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted something descend from the box, and slowly float to the ground. She suspiciously eyed the object, bringing it towards her. It was a small signed card. 
 
"These are for you, my dear, because just as they died, we will also die together. We will perish together. Remember that I am always watching. I wanted to see your expression when you opened my little gift. 
 
- Jonghyun" 
 
Cho Hee gaped, wide-eyed at the card. She threw it aside quickly, as if it would poison her if she held onto it for a moment more. Then, she broke down crying once more. 



The desperate girl ran as fast as her legs would take her to the only place she knew she could turn to. Sweat had began forming over her forehead as she sprinted down the streets, gasping for air. She breathed heavily with each step, only hoping that it would take her further and further. Cho Hee glanced over her shoulder, praying that HE wasn't following her again. She could only hope that she had outrun him, although with her physical capabilities, that seemed almost impossible. 
 
Screeching to a stop, she made a sharp turn, and stopped before the freshly painted door to a white house with light blue shutters. She rapped her knuckles rapidly against the door, pleading for someone on the other end to open it. Fortunately for her, just the person she wanted to see had opened the door. The boy inside the house stared at her in confusion, noticing the distraught way she looked. She immediately slumped forward into his strong arms that caught her oh-so-easily. 
 
"J-Jinki." Cho Hee gasped. "I-I'm so scared." She clutched to the front of his shirt as though it were a life-line. 
 
"Cho Hee! What's wrong? What were you running from?" He immediately questioned with worry. He wrapped his arms around her, as if to protect her from whatever harms may come her way. He cupped a hand over her cheek, and breathed calmly. "You look as though you've seen a ghost." His statement was followed by a reassuring smile, as if he were trying to make her feel better. She knew he was worried. It was evident by the stern thin line of a smile he wore. She suddenly felt safe in his arms. She allowed herself to finally close her eyes, without being afraid that Jonghyun would hurt her. 
 
"I-I..." She took a breath, allowing herself to break down in his arms. Loud wails escaped , sounding throughout the air like a siren. He glanced at her in pity, pulling her closer towards him. With a sigh, he buried his face into her hair, pulled away, and then planting soft sweet kisses on her forehead. He held her close to his body, afraid that she wouldn't be able to stand on her own if he did otherwise. 
 
"You're safe now." He whispered into her soft flowing ash black hair. "You're safe because I will protect you." 
 
"T-Thank you, Jinki." She finally choked out. For the first time in a while a genuine smile s its way to her face. "I-I love you. Thank you so much for always being here for me." 
 
"Isn't that what I'm here for?" He laughed wholeheartedly. He patted her back, and closed his eyes. Both of them stood there, out in the front porch, engrossed in their embrace because to them, that was all that mattered at the moment. They were here for each other. 
 
"I love you too, Cho Hee. And I always will." 



Fury burned through his soul as he caught sight of the two. He gritted his teeth, and his face turned an unnatural furious shade of red. With a clenched fist, he punched the brick wall beside him. When he drew back his fist it was bruised, scratched, battered, and caked with dark red blood. He wiped his hand against his cheek, smearing the warm liquid. Jonghyun brought his hand to his lips and lapped the excess blood, his narrowed eyes never leaving the couple. His whole body itched at the sight as his mind replayed only one sentence, as if it were possessing him to feel a certain way; brainwashing him. 
 
'That should be me. She's mine.' 
 
He growled like an animal. He focused his attention towards her and her only, feeling sickened at seeing them together as a whole picture. A feeling of hurt suddenly washed over him. He gasped for air, but felt as though he could receive none. A sharp pain similar to that of being stabbed with a knife through the heart, hit him like a ton of bricks. He fell to his knees, sobbing hysterically, and clutching the wall beside him. After crying all the tears he had left to cry, he finally found the ability to make out comprehensible words. 
 
"Why?" He sobbed through unsteady breaths. "H-How could you do this to me, Cho Hee?" 
 
'How could she? Didn't I give her enough? Didn't I love her enough?' 
 
He shook his head, knowing that this was utterly pathetic and ridiculous. Jonghyun bit his lip to keep himself from whimpering any further. As quickly as the sudden emotion came, it changed back to that of complete and utter anger. Irrational fury as well as adrenaline surged through his body. His thoughts suddenly took a drastic turn. 
 
'How dare she? How dare they? How dare she call my love an obsession when she knows nothing. I'll show her. I'll show them both.' 
 
"You won't accept me, Cho Hee. You never did." He spoke out of pure anger in a rough tone, to no one in particular. As he gazed up into the sky, he imagined it a deep shade of red. Somehow this calmed him. If his heart was purged with hurt, then why shouldn't the whole world be? Why should he be the only one hurting this much? 
 
"What did that guy do to deserve you that I haven't done, Cho Hee? I've done everything, and he's done nothing." 
 
He paused, holding his breath for just a second before continuing. In this second, he had made his decision; his final decision. 
 
"Why should they be happy when I'm not? Lee Cho Hee...if I can't have you, then no one can." 
 


Cho Hee had noticed a significant difference in the past few days. She finally felt free. In the past week, she'd been able to go to school, go for a walk, and talk to whomever. She now found no trouble doing these things without having a certain someone follow her where ever she went. She giggled happily. She'd liked to have believed that this was all because of Jinki. Perhaps Jinki was secretly protecting her, and she didn't even know it. She happily skipped to her room, and retrieved her diary from a stack of books on her desk. 
 
Scribbling a few notes, she signed it with a heart, and then threw it back into the pile. The doorbell suddenly sounded,  stopping her from her actions. She grinned, making her way to the door. Quietly, she the door open with a huge grin. Then...her smile fell. 
 
She was roughly grabbed, and dragged to a dark alley. She attempted to protest and scream, but a hand over was muffling her words. Her widened eyes were similar to that of a small animal facing its death to a larger one. A gasp escaped her lips as she was against a wall. The hand was soon removed from . 
 
She took this moment to attempt to cry for help, but she was stopped as a pair of lips crashed onto her own. They moved desperately against her's, hungrily asking for entrance. Seeing as she refused, the kidnapper, pushed himself closer to her body, until she gasped in pain. She struggled in his grasp, but found that she couldn't move. 
 
Cho Hee screamed; she cried; she kicked, but she could do nothing. She was restricted. She was nothing against him. She couldn't even hold her own. 
 
The man slowly pulled away. She brought a hand to in shock. Her eyes widened, and her skin turned a ghostly pale color. She now met with the troubled face of Kim Jonghyun. 
 
Any trace of amusement had now disappeared from his face. He wore a serious frown. His intense gaze bore through her soul. His hands, stood at his side, restless. With two strong arms, he grasped her wrists, and pushed her back up against the wall. He retrieved a towel from his pocket, and shoved it into . Her eyes widened as she struggled in his grasp. She glanced down at his pockets, noticing a huge buldge. Silent sobs-cries for help-escaped her muffled lips. Fearful tears rolled down her cheeks, pleading for the madness to stop. 
 
Jonghyun ignored this. His eyes held no light, just as hers once had towards him. He was practically emotionless, yet still showed some sign of determination. He was set on his decision. There was no turning back now. 
 
He pulled an object out of his other pocket. A gun. He glanced at her for a split second. He took in her fearful expression, and her kicking and struggling. Then, he smiled; he offered her a sad sweet smile, and for just a second, she could've sworn that she caught a glimpse of the old Jonghyun-the one that she had spent years with, and truly did love at one point-. He then pressed the gun against the side of her head, positioning it up to her temple. She squealed as the cold metal connected with her skin, but he shushed her. 
 
"This...will be quick." Those were the only cold empty words that he offered her as he pulled that trigger. Red covered his hands-dark warm red-. He glanced at this momentarily, before dropping the weapon to the ground, and collapsing on his knees. He smeared the blood against his jeans. 
 
Suddenly, a huge lopsided grin appeared on his face. He sighed in relief, resting his head in his hands. 
 
"I loved you." He chuckled. "But, maybe you were right, Cho Hee. It all became too much. Maybe I was obsessed."