EXTRA: WINNER Facts in the Story

A Leader's Burden

This is for those who are curious but don’t really follow WINNER. There are many points in the story when I included real facts about the members into the story to make it seem more realistic. While those who have been with the boys since WIN days (like me) would have already known, new Inner Circles can have a look at this page for the information (or just to understand some parts of the story which you would have found weird).

 

Chapter 1

 

1) He must have snuck out to visit the kids. They are preparing for debut after all.

 

In this line, ‘the kids’ mentioned refer to iKON, a.k.a. Team B + Chanwoo. Team B was the rival team to WINNER (then known as Team A) during the period when both teams were involved in the survival show, WIN: Who is Next. Mino is known to be close to Team B members since WIN days, thus I included this fact into the story.

 

2) Seungyoon’s characteristic: Nagging

 

Well, that’s a known fact. Nothing more to say about it haha

 

Chapter 2

 

3) Our maknae Seungyoon is dorky and cheerful.

 

Well, those who became Inner Circles after WINNER’s debut would not have seen much of Seungyoon’s dorkiness. Go search ‘Kang Seungyoon’s Day’ on Youtube and you’ll find an unreleased clip from the WIN program. You’ll be surprised at how much of a dork this leader is!

 

On a side note, Seungyoon has said that he chooses to let others take care of him when they are back at the dorm, which can imply that Seungyoon is still as dorky as in that video when work is not related.

 

4) The maknae line had never been morning people.

 

If you have watched the video mentioned above, you should have figured out that Seungyoon isn’t exactly a morning person. Still unconvinced? Go watch WINNER TV. There is an episode showing Taehyun and Seungyoon skipping breakfast just to sleep in.

 

5) Jinwoo’s characteristic:  Bad at directions

 

Once again, go watch WINNER TV if you’re not convinced. This kid took hours to get to Tokyo tower, which was only a 5 minutes’ walk away from his hotel.

 

6) Seunghoon was always sharp

This was mentioned in WINNER TV as well, during Taehyun’s loyalty test. Taehyun mentioned that Seunghoon would have seen through his act (faking to be drunk so that the members would come to help him) immediately.

 

Chapter 3

 

7) Interview section in Chapter 3.

 

Actually, Seungyoon’s answer is based on what Seungyoon really said in an actual interview about going solo and joining WIN. So yep, it’s fact.

 

8) Song in Chapter 3

 

Tonight - written by Taehyun

 

9) Maknae line characteristic: The two of them were just too similar.

 

This was mentioned in WINNER TV when the KangNam couple went to put up a street performance. Seungyoon was saying he did not understand why the hyungs thought that Seungyoon and Taehyun were awkward when he felt that Taehyun is the member whom he is closest to. He mentioned that the two of them are very similar in terms of family background etc.

 

Chapter 4

 

10) Seungyoon: For WINNER to still be WINNER 10 years later

 

In ELLE’s interview with Seungyoon, there’s a question asking ‘WINNER in 10 years’ time?’, to which Seungyoon answered ‘WINNER’.

 

11) Seungyoon’s favorite dish: Nasi Goreng

 

Seungyoon mentioned this dish to be his favorite during Naver Starcast live broadcast as well as in ELLE’s interview.

 

Chapter 5

 

12) “The jacket you bought me. You’ve probably forgotten all about it. With this jacket, I shall endure the harsh-“

 

This is actually the fan translation of an unreleased song which Seungyoon sung at WWIC 2015, Seoul. The last word after “harsh” is weather, for your information.

 

13) 11 trainees

 

Like I’ve mentioned way above, this is referring to Team A and Team B during WIN days. Some fans used the term OT11 as they wished for both teams to debut together (like EXO).

 

Chapter 6

 

14) A total goofball with a missing sock.

 

Taehyun mentioned in the unreleased video (mentioned above, Kang Seungyoon’s Day) that he had high expectations when he heard he was going to be in the same team as Seungyoon, but the first thing he saw was Seungyoon with sweat dripping and a missing sock.

 

 

That’s the end! Hope it is useful to new fans!!!