1 - Kai

~ EXO ~ 마마 ~

Kai.

 

I knew I had something special. I knew something was different. But it wasn’t until I was sixteen that I found out what it was.

I can teleport.

I found out when I was running away from bullies.

---

“You can’t run away from us Jongin!”

I ran as fast as I could, trying to take as many corners as I could to try and lose them.

They were gaining on me, and honestly, I was scared.

I took a few more corners, but then I ran into a dead end. I was running too fast to stop, I’d surely roll my ankle if I tried to stop now. So I tried to jump the wall. I pushed myself off the floor with all my might, hoping that I could make it.

It was like everything went in slow motion. I could hear my heart pumping heavily. I could hear the bullies coming closer and closer. I could feel the wind through my hair and I soared through the air for a split second. And the wall. I could see the wall coming closer and closer, I wasn’t going to make it.

I closed my eyes and prepared for a full body smack against the wall and a bashing from the bullies.

I really wished that I was in another place. Any other place than here.

I opened my eyes, shocked. I hadn’t hit the wall yet.

To my surprise, there was no wall. In fact, I was in the alleyway behind my house.

I quickly ran inside and went into my room.

I just teleported? Or I passed out when I hit the wall…

I slammed the door behind me and stripped down to my boxers to make sure I wasn’t hurt in anyway.

“Huh… weird…”

Not a bruise in sight. I was perfectly fine.

But there was one thing that was a little unusual. On my chest over my heart, there was a symbol.

It was glowing, a magical blue kind of colour. But the colour was starting to fade. The adrenalin from running was also starting to calm down too.

---

I got into my pyjamas early that night, and I went straight to sleep.

I needed it too, because my life was changed. After that day, it was hard to find sleep, because I was busy. I had a job, an important job, and I needed help.