Wherever You Are

Wherever You Are

"Luhan, we have only half an hour left to record this song!"

"Okay!" Luhan replied through the microphone to the waiting producer on the other side of the window.

He ruffled his hair and cleared his throat before proceeding to sing the chorus again. When he finished he was met with a round of applause from the recording crew who were happy that the long session had finally concluded well. Luhan packed his backpack and left the small recording space before he shortly walked back home to his apartment. He flopped back onto the bed, checking his phone for notifications from his SNS sites when he noticed a message from his SM sunbae, Yoona.

'LuLu, I'm coming to China to film a drama and I want to see you! Text me xoxo'

He smally smiled and replied to her message, inviting her over to his place the next morning. Unfortunately for Luhan, he slept through his alarm clock so when he dazily awoke at 10am the next morning, he realised he had overslept and Yoona was already waiting to meet him. He gargled mouth wash as he pulled his clothes on and spat the cleansing liquid into a house plant before he burst open the front door to see Yoona sitting on the doorstep playing on her phone.

"Yoona! I'm so sorry!" Luhan apologised as Yoona smiled at him.

"You just woke up? Ah some things never change," she chuckled as she entered his flat, "I missed you!"

"I missed you too Yoonie," he smiled.

"It's not just me who misses you though, your members miss you, my members miss you, even Lee Soo Man sungsaenim misses you!"

Luhan just looked away when she mentioned his EXO members. Of course he missed all of them too, they were practically his brothers and he just didn't need to be reminded of leaving them.

"Sorry, should I have not said that?" Yoona asked as she curiously studied his facial expression.

"I miss them all too," Luhan shrugged.

"Did you miss me?"

"I missed you the most," Luhan said shyly, "so are you well?"

"No not really... Jessica unnie might be leaving SNSD. The other day Lee Soo Man sungsaenim pulled all of us apart from her into a meeting and he wants her out of the group!"

"Can he even do that?! Your fans will go bellistic," Luhan said, shocked.

"I don't know, I don't want her to leave. If Sica unnie leaves then that's just another person I love who is leaving me," Yoona sighed.

"Another person?"

"I love you, Luhan."

"Uh....."

"As a brother!" Yoona finished quickly.

"Oh! As a brother! Phew, I thought you meant that you loved me like romantically," Luhan laughed.

"Would it be bad if I did love you romantically?" Yoona quizzed.

"Not really..." Luhan shook his head.

"Good, because I do love you romantically," Yoona whispered before she leaned in and kissed him softly.

The two kissed for a good minute before Luhan wrapped his arms around Yoona and pulled her in for a warm hug. It wasn't long before Luhan felt his shoulder become wet, and he realised Yoona was crying.

"I have waited for so long for something like this," she cried softly, "I can't believe you could just leave Korea like that, without even saying a proper goodbye!"

"I'm sorry Yoona, I just couldn't take those conditions anymore."

"You are just being selfish! What about the rest of us artists? We all have the same conditions but we stick it out because our fans and our careers are worth a little hard work!" Yoona hit his chest.

"And that's because you are more suited for that lifestyle! Me, I'm not. I can't work under such a harsh contract and that doesn't mean I don't love my fans or my career! I'm just starting a new career with the same fans at a pace that I'm more comfortable with."

"So you're just going to stay in China forever?" Yoona sniffed.

"It doesn't matter where I stay because I'll be with you, whether that'd be physically or just in spirit."

"So you'll be with me always?" she asked as she leaned her head on his shoulder as he hugged her again.

"Be with you, forever and alway, wherever you are."