Chapter 9

Night and Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jae stormed back into her room and her head snapped up. He held an Americano in one hand and a lemon cake and muffin in the other. He muttered in Korean at a nearly unintelligible speed. He put everything down at the nightstand and she put down her book. "Are you okay? What happened? Did someone say something to you?" She asked, scooting off the bed.

"Do you know what people are saying about you?" He roared and she took a step back. He slipped into unintelligible Korean again and she just waited for him to breathe.

"Slow down. What are you talking about? Why would I care what they're saying?" She asked and he rolled his eyes.

"That ... She called you a hermit and a loser and a nerd. She thinks you have cellulite." He said, throwing up his hands. "She called you ugly. Is the girl blind? Does being stupid make you blind?" He asked. He started ranting and she smiled a little. No one had ever been so upset on her behalf before.

She grabbed his arms, forcing him to be still. "Calm down. It's not a big deal." She said and he stated at her like she was crazy. "I am a hermit and a nerd. I'm really lame and boring. I don't go out and have fun. On top of that I'm not terribly attractive. It's okay." She said, smiling at him. He looked dumbfounded. "People have been saying that kind of since High School. It's no big deal."

He looked insulted. His voice got very quiet as he started to look concerned. "Is stupid contagious? Or does reading too many text books not leave enough room in your brain for other things?" He asked and her spine straightened in confusion. "I can't believe you're okay with this. I can't believe you think you're not 'terribly attractive'. The books must be making you blind too. Do you need new glasses?" He asked as she laughed.

"Haha. Very funny. I'm going back to my hermit corner to study." She said, teasingly before turning away from him and he snatched her elbow, turning her back around.

"No." He said firmly and she looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean no. Get dressed." He said and she shook her head, pulling on her arm. He didn't let go. "You put on one of your dresses right now. We are solving this problem tod

Please log in to read the full chapter