Chapter 5

Night and Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

Soo Yoon sat in the car, silently.  Jae was chatting happily, needing very little input from her. Maybe she should have gone home with him. She shook the thought out of her head. If she had, he wouldn’t have let her get even the little bit of studying she had gotten done. She leaned back in the seat as he looked over at her. “I have never seen anyone look so down about going to the beach.” He said and she rolled her head towards him.

“You ever see anyone get dragged to the beach before?” She asked and he laughed. “You know I have a lot to get done.” She complained and he shrugged.

“I also know one day at the beach won’t kill you.” He insists and she turned away, smirking a little. She had wanted to go to the beach, a little. Of course, she couldn’t tell Jae that. He would run with his one right idea and not give her any rest. Instead, she closed her eyes and dozed a little, as he drove.

When they got there, Jay shook her awake. He smiled at her. “I present; your study break.” He said, waving his arm out to the sandy beaches ahead of them. She got out of the car and smiled, feeling the ocean breeze washing over her. Without warning, she slammed her door and started running for the water. Jae screamed after her and she waved for him to follow.

On the edge of the water, she tugged off her shorts, tore off her pullover and jumped in. It was nearly a minute before she came up for air. Jae was pulling off his shirt, under the umbrella when she waved at him. He tossed his shirt behind him and ran after her. Without a thought, she was under the water again, swimming from him. She never hit her top speed because Jae caught her and swung her into the air.

She giggled, kicking her feet. The thought that she was pressed against his bare chest never crossed her minds. His body supported hers and she had no concerns it would falter. It felt natural, being like this with him. He let her find her feet before putting his head on her shoulder.

“Where were you running off to?” He asks, all smiles.

“Nowhere. I just wanted to play.” She said and he smirked, his fingers sliding from her waist and she elbowed him in the chest. He laughed as he coughed, clearly undecided on how to feel. She splashed him and he stared at her for a minute. She laughed and splashed him again. This time, he splashed her back, running after her.

They played in the water like children for an hour before they tired out enough to lay on the beach. Soo Yoon stretched out on her towel and smiled at the shade from the umbrella. “You’re so considerate today. You even brought me shade.” She picked up her book and frowned at him. “What do you want from me?”

He laughed, his smile lighting up his features. “Just keep me company.” He laid on his back and looked up at the sky. “Guys hate me because girls want to sleep with me. Girls don’t like me as a person, they just want to use me. I usually don’t mind, but I like having a friend.” Jay says, turning to her. He looked almost sad.

“You gonna get all mushy on me?” She asked, kicking sand at him and he laughed, sitting up. She could hear that he was hurt. Soo Yoon knew he wasn’t the most open person and sighed.  He turned away from her, getting up and she reached out, grabbing his shoulder. Soo Yoon pulled him down, until his head lay in her lap. He started to move and she smacked his shoulder. “Keep still, you’re going to get sand on me, idiot.” She said and felt him smile at her.

He rolled on his side, moving his head to her exposed stomach and she picked up her book. She read silently, trying not to think about his chin on her stomach. He was looking at her, watching her. He shifted again, putting his hands on her stomach and placing his head on that. She felt warmth curling through her, radiating from him and closed her book. She pushed him with it. “If you’re not going to keep still, grab me some fries and a soda.” She demanded and he chuckled. He rolled over, placed a kiss on her hip and left before she could protest. She gasped and yelled after him as he walked away.

After a while, she put down her book, wondering what was taking him so long. She looked around and found him. There were some bimbos talking to him. He was smiling, but he looked almost annoyed.

Please log in to read the full chapter