Chapter 3

Night and Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

(I'm ever so sorry for taking ages with the update. I'm terrible. Forgive me. I hope you at least like the chapter. Next time I take more than a week to update, feel free to message or snapchat or whatever. Anyway, I won't keep you andprobalby won't do one of these inserts again. Back to your regularly scheduled story)

 

She was walking toward her dorm a week later after class when her phone went off. She looked at it and frowned. The caller ID read ‘My Sweetest Love’. She answered it, as she pushed the door inward with her shoulder. “Are you out of class yet, roomie?” Jae asked and she sighed.

“I’m not your roomie. Why did you save your number like that in my phone? ” She asked, dropping the books heavily on the desk. She had managed to only see him a couple times throughout the week and since he was always preoccupied with girls, they hadn’t spoken much.

“You are out! Do you want to eat lunch at the school or do you want to go out?” He asked and she kicked her shoes into the corner.

“I want to eat alone.” She insisted and he sighed heavily. She pulled her hair down and shook it out as she spoke. “I don’t see why you’re bothering me. Go play with one of your groupies.” She put down the phone to pull off her shirt so she could shower and didn’t hear the next sentence he said. She picked up the phone again as she started to shimmy out of her skin tight pants.  “What did you say?” She asked, frowning.

“I said I’m coming to get you.” She heard as the door to her room opened. She froze, pants halfway down her thighs, the silky black lingerie on display as he stood in the doorway. For a moment, they just stared at each other.  She lifted her head and her phone dropped as he smirked. “I should come over more often.” He said and she shrieked.

She tried to cover herself, frantically pulling up her pants and cover her chest with her arm. He laughed and took a step into the room. She charged at him and pushed him out with one hand, flinging herself against the door and locking it. She was going to die. She was so utterly mortified she was going to die. “Do you want me to wait out here?” He asked and she wanted to shriek again, but she had already drawn enough attention to herself.

“I’ll text you when to come back. Go away.” She said through the door and didn’t hear him move.

“You have ten minutes to text me, or I’m coming back; the RA gave me a copy of the master key.” He said and she groaned. Of course two weeks into the semester, he was banging the RA. What else would he be doing?

“Fine!” She whined, stepping away from the door once she heard his close. She ran to the bathroom and showered as quickly as she ever had and put on sweat pants and a giant hoodie. She tied her hair up in a messy bun and put on her glasses. Usually, it was contacts, but she wanted to do everything in her power to erase the image of her standing half in front of him.

When she texted him and unlocked the door, she climbed onto her bed and pressed her back to the window. A knock came at the door and she smirked. He was learning. “Come in.” She said, lackluster and the door opened all the way, to reveal Jae, in a tank top and cargo shorts. He closed the door and leaned against it, smirking.

“You know dressing like that won’t make me forget, right?” He asked and she looked away from him. “You know, I didn’t realize how cute you are until just now.” He said and she rolled her eyes. She hated that he knew what she was trying to do. She also hated that it wasn’t working.

“Shut up. You know I won’t fall for it. This ‘friendship’ you want will not ever result in . N-E-V-E-R” She sounded out each letter as though it was the most important one in the alphabet.  She turned to face him and saw he was leaning on the bed, lazily, in front of her. Her eyes traveled down his face of their own volition and stopped at the tattoo just above his neck. “You have a resistor behind your ear.”

He rubbed his neck, smiling almost nervously.”Yeah, don’t tell anyone okay? It comes off kinda nerdy once people know what it is.” He said and she shrugged.

She wanted to ask about the tattoo, but wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of knowing he had her interest. “Whatever. What do you want anyway? Can’t you have lunch with one of your groupies?” She asked, looking away again. Stuffing both her hands into her hoodie, she looked out the window at the people socializing and playing in the courtyard.

“I don’t want them to get attached to me. Besides, it might get a few of them jealous. Are you gonna tell me it wouldn’t be satisfying to make them squirm a bit?” He asked and she smirked a little, still not looking at him. It would be kind of nice to make those pretty es squirm. She hadn’t met a single girl who looked like the girls Jae screwed with that wasn’t mean to her. Too smart, too unkempt, her glasses, whatever; they all had a reason to pick on her.

“Why would I help you with people? I barely even tolerate you.” She said and felt him move off the bed.

“You do tolerate me though. A week ago, you weren’t even willing to speak to me. That means I’m growing on you.” He said and she fought not to laugh. She would not be amused by him.

“You’re going to behave and let me study after, right?” She asked and he shrugged. “I do need to study, you realize this?” She asked and he laughed a little.

“I might. I can promise you have a better chance if you come play with me for a bit.” He said and she sighed, s

Please log in to read the full chapter