8

The essential is invisible for your eyes

 

I was probably just out for a few seconds.

Then I woke to the shouts of a very panicky Minho.

I felt his firm grip on my shoulders as he shook me violently.

"Yah! Minnie! Yah Taemin!" his voice sounded as if he was on the verge of tears. It might just have been my brain misinterpreting it though in my semi-unconscious state.

I groaned. My head hurt like you wouldn't know, and his loud shouts pierced my ears.

He immediately stopped shaking me and shouting when the sound left my lips. There was a shaky but relieved laughter. I open my eyes to slits and glared at him.

"Taemin-ah, you have no idea how worried you made me! To lay still as a fish in such a moment! I thought you were dead or something!"

I sat up and let out another loud groan and I felt all the bruises starting to form on my body.

"I wish I were, it freaking hurts everywhere."

Then I came to my senses and my eyes widened and shot up to meet his.

"I-I'm s-so s-s-so-orry M-Mi-Minho s-su-sunbaenim. I didn't mean to... I just... I'm sorry. I made you fall too! Are you okay? Is everything alright?"

I leaned over to him and flicked my eyes nervously over the exposed parts of his body to make sure he hadn't gotten any bruises because of me. God, I was such a screw-up.

But he just smiled a little, which confused me.

"what are you smiling at?" I asked worriedly and put a hand on his forehead.

"You didn't hit your head, right?"

He shook his head a little and let out a small chuckle.

"You're so sweet, Taemin."

I froze.

"Wh-what?"

"You first insist to hold the ladder even though it hurts you, just so that I won't have to. And when we fell, you caught me instead of making sure that you got a soft impact with the ground yourself. And then-"

he shook his head in disbelief and smiled at me

. "-then when you wake up from having fainted from the impact, the first thing you do is not to check your own condition, no, you ask whether I'm okay or not."

I didn't know what to say. Of course I would make sure that he landed on top of me when we fell. It was my fault to begin with, so he shouldn't have to get hurt. And secondly, he was more important than I was, so it was only natural for him to be the one not to get hurt. It was the way it should be. But when I explained this to him, the smile disappeared from his face.

I cringed from the stare he gave me and averted my eyes.  I'd made him mad. And now I didn't even know why. I couldn't even express myself normally without people hating me.

I whimpered and scurried to my feet.

"S-s-so-sorry, sunbaenim." I whispered without looking at him.  The ground wobbled dangerously underneath my feet though, and I had to put my hand on the wall for support. Ironically the black words next to my hand were about me, too. I traced them with my index finger and felt the lump in my throat grow.

"I'm sorry." I squeaked out again.

"I'm sorry for making everything so troublesome, for making everything a mess."

I noticed that white paint was dripping from my bangs. I must have gotten the paint on me when we fell. I probably looked horrible. But then again, I looked horrible and disgusting without white paint all over me as well.

"I'm sorry for not being anyone else but me."

He said nothing but stood up and came towards me.

I didn't turn to face him. I didn't want to see the expression in his face. Maybe he would hit me for being such an idiot. 

Then his beautiful right hand stopped mine from tracing the words "I wish Taemin could go die" on the wall. And with his other hand he gently a thick layer of white paint over it so that it couldn't be seen anymore.

He removed his hand from mine and dropped the brush on the floor.

Then I felt both his arms encircle my waist.

And he hugged me tightly.