7

The essential is invisible for your eyes

 

I blushed at his comment and immediately looked down so that he wouldn't see it.

"Tha-thank you."

"You're welcome."

There was a brief silence, an then Minho started humming again. I realised that he was imitating my song, singing almost the same notes. My inside was cheering. I had this huge smile on my face and I couldn't will it to go away. 

I looked at Minho for a while as he painted, but now my arms were really starting to shake from the strenuous task of holding the ladder in place, so I began studying the carvings and scribbles on the wall that we had yet to paint, just to occupy myself.

What was written was mostly things like "XXX was here" or "XXX + XXX = Love" and "XXX is a " and stuff like that. Not very poetic, really.

Then a small red text caught my eye. It wasn't really carved, just written on top of the old paint. "I'm so freaking annoyed with this stupid kid in class B."

Then, under it, with a blue pen, was written "who is it? I know a few". 

And the red text answered.  "Lee Taemin."

 

All previous emotions drained out of me in a second and I felt my legs give out underneath me. The voices in my head that I'd been managing to suppress these last couple of hours started howling at me again with full strength. What had I thought? That I was enjoying myself? That Minho actually meant it when he said that my voice was sweet? 

Stupid Taemin. Stupid, stupid.

Unfortunately that second of misbalance had me loose my grip of the ladder.

And before I knew it I heard surprised shout and felt my body being pushed into the floor by another one.

"Hey, watch'a doing?!" I heard a distressed and angry voice shouting from a distance, and I felt the weight lift itself off of my body.

But the pain in the back of my head was too great.

I tried to move my lips, to say "sorry", but I didn't manage to before everything turned black.