Show Me The Money

Show Me The Money

Kim Minseok was a boy with zero wealth and high standards. He had a taste for the finer things in life but couldn’t experience them due to how poor he was. That was until recently.

 

“So who’s the latest victim now?” said a boy over webcam.

“Shut up Baek! He’s just going to take me to dinner is all… and possibly buy me that new wardrobe I wanted.” “Oh my god you are insane. Officially!”

“Stop it, you’re just jealous that your fiancé got you that crumby ring for your engagement.”

 “Yeah but, at least he can afford it and not have to his way to get a new Chanel coat.”

 “OK RUDE!”

“You love me don’t lie to yourself.”

 

Minseok or Xiumin as referred to by his friends, loved going out and having fun with other single guys. It was all fun and games to him because usually he aimed for men with wealth. Notable date’s included him dining at five star restaurant’s, having one night stands on luxury yacht’s, and even going to other countries for shopping spree’s. Yes, he has gone that far. He wasn’t proud that he suddenly had such nice things in life and was only toying with men to get his way into the lifestyle that he wanted, but nevertheless he was making progress faster than ever and he didn’t want to stop. His best friend Byun Baekhyun doesn’t like it either but he sees how happy he is and supports him only because of that reason. Having been recently engaged to the mighty fine and cute Park Chanyeol, he knew a thing or two about love and he can clearly see that the only true love that his Xiumin has is expensive products.

 

“So how did you meet this guy exactly?”

 said a confused Baekhyun over their daily Skype call. 

“I met him online as usual. He commented on my Instagram saying how cute I looked and then it went from there.”

“Interesting. So how much is he worth?”

“100 million USD.”

“Whoa! It honestly amazes me how you get cute, rich, handsome guys to practically drool all over you.”

 “That’s the thing… He might not even be cute. His profile show’s off his wealth but never him, and when I looked him up online it confirmed it was really his money but yet no face or anything. Which is weird because you’d think he’d have his face plastered everywhere.” Explained Minseok.

“Ok this has to be the sketchiest date you’ve had yet. I mean most of them seem sketchy in general but no identity of him, and just filter photo’s on a random Instagram account… yeah I’m feeling a bit skeptical about this.”

“His account’s verified that’s the thing. But it’s not like it’s a total loss the closest anyone has seen of him on there is his reflection on a champagne flute. I saw really nice styled jet black hair.”

“Hmm interesting. Well I have to go because Yeolie and I are going to try wedding cake for the reception! Hope you get that new wardrobe! Send me pics!” shouted a cheery Baekhyun.

“Will do! Byee!”

After saying their goodbye’s the skype call ended and it was time to get ready for the date.

 

Xiumin was someone that always believed in the theory of “looks count”. He thought if you looked like a million bucks, you should be treated like it too (something he has grown fond of lately). He only wore designer brands on nights out like this. From his coat, to his shoes, to even the nice strong cologne he had on. It had to be designer, otherwise he thinks he’d drive people away with some ten dollar drug store brand scent and with a night like tonight, ten dollars would never cut it in a million years. After getting ready and making sure he looked like he owned 7 properties and 2 private islands, he set out to go meet his date. Lu Han.

 

It was a starry night out and the winter breeze was in full effect. Luckily it died down and all the product in Minseok’s hair made sure that it wouldn’t be ruined even if a random winter monsoon were to take place. The date was set at this really nice restaurant that was set towards the end of a high shopping area in Gangnam. The time was around 8:34 and tonight the shopping plaza was very calm, which is unusual because of the local club located near the stores was populated with partygoer’s as it was every night. Usually Minseok would be the one meeting his “potential suitors” wherever they agreed to meet up and this case wasn’t different, but he didn’t know who to exactly look for. All he was told to do is enter the restaurant and ask the seating attendant to be seated and meet the man who wanted to take him out for the night.

 

Xiumin entered the building and was finally glad there was some sort of central heating in the building, otherwise he probably would’ve froze before the date started.

Hello sir. Welcome to the Glass Bead how may I help you?” said the attendant.

“Uh, Hi. I’m supposed to meet this guy here? His name is Lu H…”

“Oh!? Yes sir! Right this way, we’ve been expecting you!”

and with that the two went to a door which looked like it lead to a private room.

“Yes, he’s inside waiting for you. We’ll serve you in just a second please go in and enjoy your time here!said the now cheery waiter after finding who Luhan’s date was.

“Thank you.” Said a very nervous Minseok.

After a few deep breathes he opened the door and was shocked to see what he had saw and he wasn’t talking about the room. Yeah sure the room was great and all with its lavish gold tones and very expensive jeremejevite crystal chandelier, but the person who was occupying the room was far more important than some overhead lighting piece. Sitting down right in front of him was the most gorgeous man in the whole world… well to Minseok that is.

“Hi… um are you Lu Han?” said a very weak in the knee’s Xiumin.

“Yes! Hello I am, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you Minseok!

 The boy who used men to get his need’s in life was for once shocked and stunned by the person he’s with. He hasn’t felt this way before, not even when his last date Oh Sehun flew with him to Paris to pick out some new scarves and sunglasses for the upcoming summer. Luhan had these amazing facial features that would resemble a cute baby deer, flawless skin, and of course the amazing jet black hair that could barely be seen in the heavily filtered picture on the social media site where they had met. He was dressed for what looked like he when was going to meet the South Korean President. He was wearing a very nice black tuxedo with matching bow tie, a very nice gold watch that complimented the suit very nicely, and what looked like a dashing pair of Louis Vuitton loafers. It was all perfect from head to toe.

 

“Wow. You look just like your profile pic and probably even better looking in person.” Said the doe like boy who is now in awe.

“Oh, thank you. I would say the same but I’ve never seen what you looked like before, but you’re not ugly you’re actually really cute and handsome… I like cute and handsome.”

The once boy full of confidence and scheme’s has now found himself blushing and fallen for his date partner.

“So tell me about yourself? What do you do for a living?” asked a curious Luhan after the two had seated and ordered their food and drinks.

“I’m a student, I’m studying to go into business. I’m practically a numbers geek.” Explained Xiumin.

“Wow that’s so interesting! If I knew better I’d think you’d be using my charming looks to get some sort of brand deal out of me.”

Minseok’s eye’s went big and tried not to choke on the champagne he started to drink. The thought of Luhan finding out what his motives were on date nights made him feel very uncomfortable.

“So what about you? How did you become the man you are today?” Questioned Minseok.

 “Inheritance. That and I own a country club in Busan now. It helps pay the bills.”

“Sounds like the high life to me.” Said Minseok.

“It’s ok, I mean it’s not ideal. I’m the kind of person who wants to have fun. Instead I have to worry about guests and members trying not to kill each other, over one another’s snobby attitudes.”

“I’m sure it has its perks though.”

“It does. But my day consists of signing many papers and basically signing more papers.”

“Oh… I’m sorry to hear about that.”

“It’s ok hehe. I do get to yell at people who end up screwing up their lives with the big ego they think is so important in life.”

“I’ll definitely toast to that.”

“Cheers!” The two then clinged their glass’s and enjoyed a marvelous dinner, that set the mood for the night.

After they were done eating and after Luhan fronted the bill, it was time for the date to end. That was until a little “rip” in the plan occurred.

 

As Luhan was reaching to pick up his dropped wallet a small rip started to appear on the back of his shirt.

“Oh no. Lu your shirt!”

“Oh no is right! Donatella I love you darling but it seems the shirt has ripped. I got an idea why don’t we go shopping?”

 Minseok didn’t want to stay, but after a wonderful time and with the night still being young he thought “Ehh? Why not?”

“Great! C’mon we can buy some cute stuff for ourselves!”

“Ok haha.”

 After that, the two exited the eatery and began to browse for new clothes. It started to snow and turned what seemed like a fantasy of a night into a fairytale. As the two were looking for some cute stores in the area Luhan stopped for a second and wanted him and Minseok to sit for a second.

 “I know this probably the wrong time to confess things, but I really am enjoying the night with you. Usually guys I take are the type that see me as a “Sugar Daddy” but I always wanted more than that. Someone who gets me. Someone who understands. Someone who..”

and after that Minseok interrupted to confess something of his own.

“Lu.. I’m sorry please don’t be mad but that’s what I am. Well I was until I met you. I’m broke as heck and all I wanted was to have the stuff that made wealthy people happy so I can feel good about myself and I even hurt people to get that privilege. But tonight you changed that. I thought that tonight would include me having a good meal and trying to break you down with my cuteness to get this really nice coat I saw, but you’re too good of a person to try and attempt that stupid, idiotic scheme on. I want to spend more time with you and get to know you even more. I don’t blame you if you don’t even want to see my face again and I understand, but I’d feel terrible if I hurt you like that. I really would. I’m sorry.”

After moments of silence from both boys Luhan suddenly looked over and gave Minseok a nice gentle kiss on the cheek.

“I could never hate you. In fact I really would like to spend more time with you as well. Even though you did what you’ve done you realized your mistakes and I will never judge you for that.  Please let’s enjoy the rest of the night and take care of each other.”

 Minseok started to blush and started to grin at the thought of spending more time with Luhan

“Ok. Let’s go get you that shirt!”

“Yes! Let’s go” and then the two set off into different stores to do some major retail therapy.

 

After what seemed like hours of shopping the two were seen walking down looking at the last of the stores with their arms linked and shopping bags in hand. All of them were Luhan’s it’s just Minseok felt bad about having carrying them all so he offered to help. Just as they were about to exit the boy’s stumbled upon a store that sold custom iPhones. It had 3 different versions of the latest models on sale. One in “Yellow Gold”, one in “Platnium”, and one in “Pink Gold”. All the version’s caught the eyes of both boys and made them want the phones even more.

“Oh my god the Pink Gold one is such a flawless thing. I’ll have to save up so much money, just to afford half of it.” Said a happy, yet needy Xiumin.

“Yeah that Platnium one would really go well with my wardrobe too. Wow such nice quality too.”

After looking at his own phone Minseok was shocked at the time. It was 10:45 and he had to get back to his apartment so he can prepare for class the next day.

“Lu, I’m sorry but I have to go now. I have class early tomorrow.” Said a now sad Xiumin after he realized he had to leave the person he has now fallen for.

“Its ok don’t worry about it. Academics are important after all. Before you leave though, may I have your number? I’d love to talk to you whenever.”

“I’ll do you one better, I know this may seemed rushed but I’ll give you my number and address, that way you can come to have a nice home cook meal made by yours truly.”

“Ok, deal.”

The two then swapped phones with one another and added their respective contact information in each other’s devices.

“There, done.”

“Same”

“Well, thank you for an amazing night Minseok. I look forward to the meal you’ll be treating me too.” Said a very flirty yet happy Luhan.

 “I look forward to seeing you too. Oh quick do me a favor? Do you mind if we take a selfie together? I want to remember this night and I thought since we looked cute, we could just have it as a memory for the future.” Explained Minseok.

 “Yes that sounds wonderful!”

 After that the two huddled together and made cute faces and cute poses to document the magical night they had.

“Great thank you! Sorry I really have to go. Goodbye Luhan!”

Before Luhan can say anything Minseok went in for a quick hug and kiss and then stormed off as if a pack of angry bulls were chasing him.

“Bye!..”

 As soon as Luhan said goodbye and made sure the boy he too had fallen for left he looked back at the store front window’s with a large grin. Something was up.

 

It was the next day and Minseok had just gotten home from school and was explaining to Baekhyun about how magical the date was last night. He also showed him the picture he promised to take for him.

 

“Wow look at you two! I think he maybe the cutest yet.” Said a very pleased Baekhyun.

“Wow I’m shocked! I would’ve thought you’d be judging by now.”

“Oh no I was getting to that. How much did you do in damages?”

“Ok first of all you, second of all none. We enjoyed each other’s company and he only bought stuff for himself.”

“What?! You mean to tell me you didn’t try and use the poor boy? I’m so proud of you!!”

 “Thank you, it’s about time you respected me, but seriously that’s not the best part he’s coming over this weekend!” said an exicted Minseok.

“Whoa! That sounds like a lovely time!”

“I know! I think this man may have changed me Baek. I really do like him”

 Before Baekhyun could say a word, Minseok’s doorbell rang. It was so loud even Baekhyun knew it was for him.

“Be right back Baek!”

 After leaving his desk, Xiumin opened the door and to discover a box and a delivery guy standing right in front of him.

“Hi there! I have a package for a Minseok?”

“Yeah that’s me, but I didn’t order anything..”

“Well It has your name and address here so can you please sign here?”

“Sure…”

After signing for the mystery package the delivery man left and Minseok took the box inside to see what it was. After cutting through what seemed like a mile of tape he finally opened the box. What was inside literally made Xiumin shake. It was the Rose Gold phone he wanted and the Coat that he mentioned to Luhan. After taking the items out a note dropped on the floor. It read the following.

 

“Just because you’re over using people, it doesn’t mean I can’t treat you nicely. ;)”

~ Luhan

 

After reading that Xiumin knew he met the man of his dreams.