Chapter 23

Justice

*Not Edited.

*Please read the Author Note at the bottom.

*****

3rd POV

 

                  Hana’s body froze as cold sweat formed on her forehead. A shiver, the bad kind, went down her back while her body tremble slightly.

Just six days ago, everyone was playing basketball in her backyard and getting ice cream treats from JaeJoong, but now it feels like that was years away.

After that night, everything was back to normal. Hyun was able to start her own ‘lawyer’ team with the help from Mr. Baek. However, as of now, the only member of her team was Yuri, and they both been able to make a good start.

JYJ were planning their world tour concert that is going to start in about three months; however, that didn’t stop them from contacting Hyun. They all would talk or text at least once a day.

Hyo was done packing for this six-month trip to Hong Kong, and he was going to leave tomorrow.

Mrs. Park’s health is steadily getting better.

Laughter and good vibes were surrounding Hyun both at work and home.

Everything was just perfect and peaceful, but now, it was ruined.

“Miss. Park.” A deep voice spoke, but Hyun kept on staring at the horror scene in front of her, “Miss. Park.” The man put his hand on Hyun’s forearm making her jump. Hyun composed herself and looked toward the uniformed man.

“Yes?” Her voice was small and filled with sadness. The blue lights from police cars were lighting up the night as the big fire truck was grabbing attention from the neighbors.

The night was cool, but to Hyun it felt like the coldest night ever. Her body wouldn’t stop trembling.

“We still haven’t found the source to the fire in the kitchen,” The officer named Mr. Chen said, “But we will contact you once our forensic team finds any clues.”

Hyun swallowed her spit and try to act professional, “Thank you, Officer.” Mr. Chen looked at the poor girl before patting her shoulder for encouragement,

“Stay strong.” He walked away after giving her a nod.

Hyun continued to look at her house. The same house that she lived in for 10 years. This house was an anniversary present to Mrs. Park after Mr. Park won his first big case. He bought this house after living in a rented small one room apartment with his wife and daughter for 5 years.

Hyo was raised in this house. Hyun still remembers playing in the front yard with her dad with Hyo trying to climb over the small fence that surrounding the front.

Memories flooded into Hyun’s mind as the past recreated itself in front of her.

Her dad walking towards the door with ice cream cones in his hand for his children and wife.

Her mom watering the small flower bed.

Hyo opening the small gate with his tiny hands to his first day of preschool.

Hyun having her first kiss with her first boyfriend in front of door.

So many wonderful memories attacked Hyun that it made tears escape her eyes.

She quickly wiped them away when she saw her mom and Hyo opening the small gate and walking towards her. Hyo was rolling two suitcases while two other officers were rolling two suitcases each.

“We got everything we need.” Mrs. Park said as Hyo took the suitcases from the officers and thanking them. Mrs. Park smiled at them for their help.

“What should we do now?” Hyo asked, “Should we go to a hotel?”

Hyun stared at the house with longing. They couldn’t stay in the house for few days because the officers are treating it like a crime scene since they have not figure the cause of the fire.

Hotel sounds good except for the fact that they don’t have enough money. They could easily stay for few days, but the food cost would go over their budget. Plus, living on ramens and cheap food won’t be good for Mrs. Park’s health.

“We can go back to our village,” Mrs. Park tried to help her worried daughter, “Our house is still kept clean from the neighbors there.”

They could always go back to their village, but that is too far away. Hyun will never be able to do her job from their especially when it comes to investigation part. She can’t go up and down either due to the fact that the village is 2 hours away from Seoul.

“I would call my friends, but they are all living in college’s dorms.” Hyo said while sighing.

You do know you can come to me.

Let me be your rock, Okay?

Yoochun.

Hyun’s eyes got big as his words enter her brain. She looked back at her house to her brother and mother who both had sadness and trouble expressions on their faces. If they don’t find any place to stay the night, they will probably have to sleep on the benches, and Hyun would never do that if she had a small light that was shining at the end of the tunnel.

“Hold on,” She said as she took out her phone from her blazer’s pocket, “I’ll be right back.” Hyun walked few steps over and looked up Yoochun’s name in her contact list.

Her fingers shook as he bit her lips in worry. It was past 10 and she didn’t want to bother him, but she had no other option left.

Hyun took a big breath and tapped Yoochun’s name. She put the phone to her ear to hearing it ringing.

Let see if Yoochun will be Hyun’s rock.

“Hello.” A deep voice picked up the phone, “Hyun?”

“Yoochun?” Hyun wanted to slap herself. Of course, it’s Yoochun; who else would pick up his phone.

“Yeah.” He replied back, “What’s up?” Emotions rose up to Hyun’s chest as it felt like she was going to cry any minute now.

“Yoochun.” Her voice was small and scared, “I need help.”

“Hyun, what’s wrong?” Yoochun’s worried voice asked in panic, “Are you okay?”

“No.” Her honest answer shock Yoochun, “Can me and my family come to your house?”

“Of course.” He replied back without any hesitation, “Do you want me to pick you guys up?”

“No, no.” Hyun nodded her head, “Just send me your address and we’ll come there by a cab.”

“Are you sure?” Yoochun asked again, “I’m can come and pick you guys up.”

“No. There is no need, Yoochun.” Hyun reassured, “We’ll get their soon and thank you.”

“There isn’t need for a thank you, Hyun.” His voice was smoothing helping Hyun calm down a little, “I don’t know what’s wrong, but whatever it is, I’ll fix it, Okay?”

A small smile formed on Hyun’s face as she had no doubt that Yoochun would do whatever he can to help her,

“Okay. I’ll see you in few minutes.” Hyun hanged up after saying goodbye and walked back to her family.

“Hyo call the cab services,” Hyun said, “We are going to my friend’s house.”

“Who?” Hyo asked curiously.

“Yoochun.” Hyun replied. Hyo’s face immediately went emotionless while Mrs. Park tried to hide her smile. Aigoo her kids are just too adorable.

“We are going to stay at Yoochun Hyung’s house?” Hyo asked.

“What?” Hyun said while taking her phone out instead and started to call the cab services because her brother won’t do it, “He could help us find a place to stay until our house is ready for us.”

Hyo squinted his eyes at his sister before nodded his head indicating that he understands.

 

***

                  “Here you go.” Hyun paid the cab driver before going back to her family who was standing in front of the stairs that led to Yoochun’s house.

Even from the outside, they could tell that Yoochun’s house is definitely way over their budget.

“Let’s go.” Hyun said as she looked at the 6 bags before looking at the small flight of stairs, “Hyo carry Mom to the top and I’ll bring her wheel chair than we’ll come back and get the bags.”

Hyo just nodded before picking up his mom bridal style and starting to walk up the stairs. Hyun followed behind with the wheelchair. Luckily for them, the house was in a nice neighborhood and nobody was around to try to steal their bags.

After making sure that their mom was comfortable, the siblings went back down and started to take the bags one by one to the top. By the time they were done, both were trying to catch their breath. Mrs. Park took out her handkerchief out of her purse and gave it to her daughter first.

Hyun wiped the sweat off before giving to Hyo who just stared at it in disgust.

“I’m not using that.” He snorted using his shirt to wipe the sweat off. Hyun slapped his forearm before taking two bags and started to roll them down the small hallway with her mom following behind.

Hyo stuck his tongue out at her, and also grabbing two bags and following towards the big double dark wood door that was on the right side. He left the two bags and went back to  grab the last bag coming back quickly.

Hyun’s heart was racing. Her finger was shaking as she rang the bell. She sighed knowing there is no going back now. 

Barking was heard from the other side before the door was opened. The light was strong and blinded Hyun for a fraction of a second before she noticed the tall figure that was trying to use his feet to stop the two dogs from escaping the house. 

Yoochun, finally, able to get his mother’s poodle and his brother’s golden retriever in check before looking up at the guest. His eyes got big when he noticed Hyun staring at him with her big eyes. He quickly noticed that she was still wearing the clothes she had on today at work and that her eyes were red.

Hyun stared at Yoochun like it was only the two of them. He was wearing black sweatpants with a plain white shirt that hinted a tattoo on his chest. His hair was a mess but still looked good on him. This was the first time she saw Yoochun so comfortable and cozy and it made her heart race more.

She wanted to slap herself for acting like a teenage girl.

“Oh come in.” A soft female voice broke the trance between the two. Hyun looked behind Yoochun to see his brother and a rather tall elegant lady who had a smile on her face. She was holding a poodle on her hand while Yu-hwan was smiling at them softly.

Hyun smiled at the them before stepping back and grabbing the handlebar to pull her mother into the room with Hyo rolling two bags into the entryway.

Yoochun’s mom immediately put her dog down and went up to Hyun, “Don’t worry sweetheart, I got it.” Hyun smiled at her letting them both walk down the entryway and taking a right at the end.

Hyun went back to the front door and to help out her brother; however, when she got there, Yoochun, Yu-hwan, and Hyo each were rolling two bags.

“Hello Noona.” Yu-hwan smiled at her again before walking down the entryway and taking a right with Hyo following close behind.

Hyun turned around just in time to see Yoochun trying to close the door but the poodle kept on getting in the way.

“I got it.” Hyun chuckled before picking up the dog letting Yoochun to securely close the door.

“Thanks.” He smiled at her.

“I should say thank you.” Hyun smile disappeared as sincerity laced her voice, “Thank you so much for this.”

“Hyun.” Yoochun sighed, “You do not need to thank me. Come on let’s go, I think Mom made coffee.” Yoochun grabbed the bag and Hyun followed behind with the poodle in her arms while the golden retriever was running ahead with his tongue out in excitement.

They both walk into an enormous living room that had big black leather coach. Plants were station in places while a treadmill was right beside the couch.

Mrs. Park was sitting on the coach while talking to Yu-hwan. Hyo was putting their bags into one corner so they don’t get in the way while Yoochun’s mom walked out of the kitchen with trays that had mugs of coffee. She put it on the coffee table before sitting down on the coach as well.

Yoochun went to put the last two bags in the corner. Hyun sat down beside Yoochun’s mom who gave her a mug of delicious hot coffee; just what she needed right now.

“Thank you, Mrs. Park.” Yoochun’s mom smiled at Hyun before dispersing the mugs within the small group that were now sitting down comfortably on the coach.

“This is very good,” Hyun’s mom said, “Is there a hint of cinnamon in here?”

Mrs. Park nodded her head eagerly happy that somebody noticed her new ingredient, “Yes. I learned it from a friend of mine. Actually, she makes her own cinnamon powder-”

“Mom.” Yu-hwan interrupted, “I think we should focus on the problem right now.”  

Mrs. Park blushed a little before nodding her head in agreement.

“You can always show the powder to me once we are done talking.” Hyun’s mom said with interest. She could use it when she makes coffee for her kids.

“What happened, Hyun?” Yoochun asked while patting the golden retriever, “Why are you carrying so many bags around?”

Hyun stared at her coffee trying to think of a way to tell them without making it too alarming. However, before she can gather her thoughts, Hyo spoke up first,

“Our house caught on fire.” He said like it was normal.

Yoochun and his family eyes’ got wide in shock,

“Your house caught on fire?” Yu-hwan asked wondering if he heard it right.

“Are you guys alright?” Mrs. Park asked worriedly, “Do we need to take you to the hospital?”

Yoochun picked up his car keys from the coffee table and put it in his pocket as he was about to get up, “Come on, I’ll take you to the hospital.”

Hyun put her mug down in hurry, “No, no, no. We were not in the house when it happened.” She waved her hand around in panic. Yoochun stopped his movement and sat down again.

“I was coming home from work while Hyo and Mom were grocery shopping. They got back to the house before I did and called the police immediately when they saw the smoke coming out of the living room windows.” Hyun explained, “By the time I reached there, the fire was already put out.”

“Is it bad?” Mrs. Park asked while putting her hand on Hyun’s knees.

“Our kitchen is burned badly and the fire was about to spread to the living room, but the firemen were able to stop it just in time.” Hyo answered taking a sip of his coffee.

“How did the fire start when no one was home?” Yu-hwan asked while patting his dog.

“They don’t know.” Hyun sighed, “They are treating our house as a crime scene until they find out the source, and that’s why they won’t allow us to stay in the house right now. That’s why I came here.” Hyun turned to look at Yoochun,

“Do you know anybody that will let us stay at their house for few days?” She asked while biting her lips, “We really have no other options left.”

“No.” Mrs. Park said sturdily grabbing everyone’s attention. She got up and sat down beside Hyun’s mom while putting her hand on her knee in comfort, “No need for that. You guys can stay here.”

Everyone’s eyes got wide in shock.

“No.” Hyun nodded her head frantically, “No, we cannot do that. You guys have already done so much for us. I mean you let us come to your house at such a time without any hesitation.”

“I agree with Hyun.” Hyo said while sliding closer to his big sister, “We can’t stay here especially when Yoochun Hyung is a celebrity and a scandal just happened few weeks ago. We can’t let the fans find out about the same lawyer staying in Yoochun Hyung’s house; they could attack my Hyun.” He put his arm around Hyun’s shoulder and pulled her close.

It was weird for Hyun to see Hyo being so protective.

“Plus we can’t let 5 people living under the same roof when JYJ’s concert is coming up and I need to focus on the case; it would be too chaotic.” Hyun continued looking at the two brothers that were sitting by each other.

“Five?” Yu-hwan asked after counting heads, “There is six of us.”

“I’m leaving tomorrow to go to Hong Kong,” Hyo answered, “But maybe I should cancel it.”

Hyun turned around quickly in Hyo’s arm and give him a glare, “You will not cancel it! You will go to the airport tomorrow and take the plane straight to Hong Kong.”

Hyo took his arm off of his sister and crossed it over his chest while glaring at her, “How can I leave when you and Mom don’t even have a place to sleep? I’m not going to leave and that’s final.”

Hyun saw the sadness laced into Hyo’s eyes before gently putting her hands on his cheeks making them chubby and making him face her.

Hyun started to convince her brother while Yoochun and Yu-hwan watched the interaction.

As the four people were not paying attention, both Mrs. Parks were whispering to each other. They were thinking the same thing and wanted to do anything they can to help their children. After taking for few minutes, a plan was formed and they agreed to act upon it.

“There is no need to cancel your trip, Hyo.” Hyun’s mom grabbed everyone’s attention making the small crowd face the elders.

Yoochun squinted his eyes in suspicion when he saw his mom with a smirk on her face, “Mom, what’s going on?”

“She has that smirk.” Yu-hwan felt cold sweat on his forehead. Every time his mom had that face, she was thinking something evil.

“We found a solution.” Yoochun’s mom said.

“What is it?” Hyun asked afraid to know the answer.

“Hyo will leave for the Hong Kong tomorrow.” Hyun’s mom said again.

“Yu-hwan is going to Japan tomorrow for his drama shooting.” Yoochun’s mom continued.

“You’re going to Japan?” Hyo asked surprised.

“Yeah, I’m going to leave for about 6 months for my drama,” Yu-hwan answered with a smile, “It’s my first drama that I’m the lead.”

“Wow. Good luck.” Hyun smiled sweetly.

“I’m so proud him.” Yoochun’s mom said with a big smile.

“I was thinking,” Hyun’s mom brought the everyone back to the subject, “about going back to our village.”

“What!” Hyo stood up, “Mom, what are you going to do there? Who is going to take care of you?”

“I agree.” Hyun said with sturdiness, “I know you hate being a burden, Mom, but we need to be there just make sure our heart is calm. Just thinking about you being there by yourself would take both my and Hyo’s sleep away; we would be worried to death.”

“That’s why I’m going to go with her.” Yoochun’s mom smiled wider, “I’m going to live with Sun-Hi. Plus, being away from the city to the clean air village will help both of us.”

The whole room was quiet in shock. They all were thinking the same thing: What were their moms thinking?

“Wait.” Yu-hwan spoke breaking the silence, “If Hyo is going to Hong Kong, I’m going to Japan, and you guys are going to the village, then that means Hyung and Noona are going to be by themselves living in the same house.”

Hyun and Yoochun’s eyes got wide when they realize that Yu-hwan was right. They both stared at each other in shock.

What the hell are their moms thinking?!

“No!” Hyo said loudly, “That’s wrong! I’m not leaving my Noona to live with a man!”

“Hyo.” Hyun’s mom warned her son.

“No. No. No.” Hyo started to stomp his feet like a child against the idea.

A commotion started with Hyo acting like a child, Yu-hwan trying to tell his mom that it’s a bad idea. Every one was talking loud except for Hyun and Yoochun.

They both continue to stare at each other. Yoochun raised his eyebrows in a way asking if she was okay.

Hyun nodded a little indicating that she was fine.

Than they continue to stare at each other again.

Weird ‘couple.’

The loud voice continued before a bark grabbed everyone’s attention.

From the hallway, a running huge wolf-type dog barked with its tongue sticking out. The dog ran into the living room with full force before jumping on top of Hyun making her back and head hit the back of the sofa.

The dog stood with his front legs beside Hyun’s waist and its face close to her hers.

Shock spread across the crowd with Hyo backing up slowly to his mom. He was afraid of big dogs.

Hyun looked at the face of the dog with wide eyes before gentleness took its place. She stared at the cute face before raising her arms and patting its soft long fur on its head.

The dog got closer and Hyun on her face making her laugh.

Liking the sound of her laugh, the dog continued to her. Hyun’s mom and Hyo got over the shock when they realized that the dog won’t hurt Hyun; however, the shock was still present on Yoochun, Yu-hwan, and their mom’s faces.

That dog never anyone’s faces yet here it was Hyun’s.

Yoochun’s mom smirked liking where this was going,

“See, even Harang agrees with our idea.” 

*****

Such a long chapter 0_o

I hope you guys enjoyed reading it tho! 

I wanted to ask you guys if you like where this story is going.

Is there something you like or dislike? Please tell me in the comments.

Also, from now on, there is going to be more romantic interaction between Yoochun and Hyun.

I hope you are ready for that. 

Did you guys like the the fact that Harang is going to be in the story?

If you don't know who Harang is, Harang is Yoochun's dog.

Please leave a comment, upvote, and subscribe. ^^

Present time ft. Harang: