Chapter 31

Justice

*Not Edited 

*****

3rd POV

                  “What the heck.” JaeJoong whispered as he looked on the screen to see only a random eye present.

JaeJoong was working out in his small gym when the doorbell went off several times. He was positive that it was not a sasaeng because it was impossible for them get up to his penthouse due to the security on the ground floor. He also knew that he did not invite anybody over, and none of his friends were free right now.

With curiosity, he pressed the button on the screen to see who was waiting for him to open the door. However, only an eye was present as the person was staring extremely close into the camera.

Looking at the pretty eye more, JaeJoong kept on feeling like he has seen them somewhere. Another ringing made him jump a little before going to his door and opening it slowly.

There stood a man who was dressed in all black with a black baseball cap that was covering his brown hair which was poking out slightly. He was staring at the ground, making it impossible for JaeJoong to see his face.

Bright running shoes replaced the dark wooden door causing the man to look up at the person who he came to see. Shock was present on JaeJoong’s face as he saw who was standing in front of him.

The atmosphere was tense. One who couldn’t get over the shock while the other was started to feel more and more uncomfortable at the gawking expression and the wide stare that was pointed toward him.

The man in black usually love being in the central of attention, but seeing someone who he hasn’t talked to for almost a year was not the ideal type of attention he was seeking.

“Hey.” The man finally muttered.

“Heechul Hyung.” JaeJoong whispered still surprised, “What are you doing here?”

***

                  “Mr. Lim, I can’t find any concrete evidence.” Hyun spoke as she sat on the sofa across from Mr. Lim’s desk.

“How about his tax returns?” Mr. Lim asked as he looked through the pile of files on his desk.

“Nothing.” Hyun replied as she flipped through the papers, “That’s weird. Shouldn’t we have the tax returns he filed in from the last lawsuit.”

“We should.” Mr. Lim put down the file before focusing his whole attention on the young woman who had a frown on her face, “Did you not asked the court for a copy?”

“I did.” Hyun put the papers down on the coffee table before pulling out her cellphone. Quickly finding the contact information, she heard the ringing as she put her phone to her ear.

“Hello, this is Seoul Court. How many I help you?” The receptionist’s cheerful voice did not help Hyun’s stressful day.

“Hello, my name is Park Hyun. I called a few days ago requesting for a copy of SM Entertainment CEO, Kim Young-min’s tax returns.” Hyun replied, “I have not gotten the copy yet.”

“Oh yes, Miss. Park.” The realization was present in the woman’s voice, “I was going to call you this afternoon. I did talk with the Judge, and he said the copy is allowed to be given, however, a permission is needed from SM before we can hand you the file. If you do get permission from the CEO, we need a written document as proof. That written document should be brought to Seoul Court, and I will hand over the file over to you.”

Hyun sighed in disappointment, “Is there not any other way?”

“I am sorry, but we are not allowed to give out tax returns without the person’s written consent. It’s the law.” The receptionist answered back.

Hyun ran her hand through her hair in frustration before thanking the woman for her help and hanging up.

“Written permission?” Mr. Lim guessed correctly. Hyun just nodded before slouching on the couch as she felt a headache slowly building.

“If Mr. Kim asked for a permission before enclosing his tax return to us means that even the court cannot look into his files.” Mr. Lim continued. He quickly pulled up a document on his desktop before printing the paper out. He got up while picking up the warm printed paper and walking towards Hyun who was looking upward to the ceiling lost in her thoughts.

“Which also means, we need that tax returns no matter what.” He held up the paper in front on Hyun’s face blocking her view, “Here’s the written permission sheet, try to get him to sign it.”

Hyun took the paper and sat up straight reading through it, “How? We know he’s not going to sign it.”

“Than we have to work harder to find another evidence to back up our claim. Your father never gave up, and I believe you’re just as stubborn as he is.” Mr. Lim gently patted Hyun’s head with a fatherly smile present on his face, “You should go back home now. It’s already past 9.”

Hyun smiled brightly back and got up to pack up the papers that were laid out on the coffee table.

“You’re right. Dad would chase down Mr. Kim to the end of the Earth to just get his signature.” Hyun walked towards the door, “Good night Mr. Lim. See you next time.”

***

                  “Where is Hyun?” JaeJoong immediately asked when Yoochun answered his call.

“Well hello to you too.” Yoochun replied sarcastically. He was home right now enjoying the small vacation before starting the JYJ concert tour again.

“Hello. Why isn’t Hyun picking up her phone?” JaeJoong asked again ignoring Yoochun’s snarky response.

“She’s at Mr. Lim’s office right now working on the case so she probably put her phone on silent.” Yoochun said before looking towards the clock noticing that it was past 9, “She should be leaving right now.”

“Can you call her and tell her to come to my house?” JaeJoong requested as he watch Heechul play with his cat.

“Why?” Yoochun was getting more and more agitated as his Hyung kept on keeping the conversation vague.

JaeJoong sighed deeply knowing that Yoochun would not leave it alone until he has his answer, “Just come with her to my house. It’s important.”

Before Yoochun could reply, JaeJoong hang up.

Yoochun stared at his phone in confusion before calling Hyun and informing her to wait for him at the bus station.

Questions were roaming around in his brain as Yoochun quickly grabbed his car key for his domestic car not wanting to risk people recognizing him. Making sure that his door was locked, Yoochun went to the elevator that led to his garage.

With quick movement Yoochun was already on the highway driving with no one following him from behind.

***

                  “I will never understand what is going through JaeJoong Oppa’s head.” Hyun said as she waited in front of the said man’s front door who disturbed her already stressed evening.

“Join the club.” Yoochun mumbled while crossing his arms over his chest waiting for his Hyung to open the door, “I’ve known him for almost all of my life, and I still haven’t understood his mind yet.”

“Gossiping about me right in front of my own house, so smart.” JaeJoong suddenly spoke as he opened the door and glared at the couple.

“Nobody is scared of you Oppa.” Hyun replied while walking into the big penthouse before taking off her shoes and putting on the soft house slippers.

“Why did you called us over?” Yoochun asked as he walked with JaeJoong on the long marble hallway leading to the living room.

“From what I remember, I called Hyun over not you.” JaeJoong replied while putting his hand around Yoochun, “You just decided to tag along.”

Hyun was walking behind the two tall male not paying attention to their conversation instead looking around her surrounding with big eyes. The walls were covered with modern painting and photos from well known artists. She noticed different keys of luxurious cars on a small coffee table that was stationed on the wall of the long hallway.

Still trying to consume her surrounding environment, Hyun suddenly bumped into a strong back causing her to stop and look to see who was standing in the middle of the hallway. Noticing the black shirt and the red snapback that was placed backward, she immediately realized that it was Yoochun.

“Why did you stop?” Hyun asked not noticing his serious expression. Not getting a replied, Hyun noticed the dip of the friendly atmosphere. Standing on her toes, she looked over Yoochun’s shoulder to see the cause of this icy event.

Hyun looked at the plain black socks to the black jeans as she slowly moved her eyes upward to the same color shirt. Everything about the man shouted ‘simplicity’ and ‘plain’ but those words left her mind the moment she met the big clear eyes of the male. Hyun’s eyes got wide in shock when she noticed that the ‘plain’ man was the exact opposite of what he was portraying.

No the man was loud and spontaneous. He was somebody who loved the color red so much that his house was full of red furniture. He has no fear and spoke whatever came to his mind not caring if the receiving person could be hurt from his words.

“Heechul Oppa.” Hyun’s whispered near Yoochun caused him to snap out of his daze. Letting go of Yoochun’s broad shoulder, Hyun walked around the stilled man and closer to the living room.

Without missing a beat, Heechul fast walked to the young girl who had dark circles under her eyes and the tiredness was present on her face. He immediately engulfed her into a bear hug while Hyun wrapped her arms around his waist.

Heechul started to pat her head as he felt tears on his shoulder. He had no idea of how much of all of this must have been affecting Hyun mentally and emotionally. Guilt was running through his veins as he thought about all the misunderstanding that happened between the two of them. Heechul couldn’t help but feel like it was all of his fault due to the fact that he looks at Hyun as a younger sister, and yet he turned his back the moment when she needed him the most.

Hyun tighten her arms as she felt the tears flow out of her eyes uncontrollably. All of the stress from the case to the emptiness she felt when she thought about her family just exploded the minute she saw the man who had became her older brother. Even though they both fight over small things, the sibling love was obvious between the two even from a stranger’s perceptive.

The other two male stood side by side and looked at the scene. While one was confused, the other was a mix of jealousy and envy.

Heechul felt the tears stopping, but that was soon replaced by Hyun wiping her nose on his shirt.

“Yah!” Heechul immediately let go of Hyun and kept her arm length away from him with his hands on her shoulder to stop her from hugging him again, “Don’t wipe your nose on my shirt!”

Hyun hit both of his arms which made him let her go, “You should be grateful it’s only my snot because the way you treated me I should have easily punished you with a kick to your little Heechul.”

Heechun unconsciously blocked his little one with his hands as the memory of her hitting him with the water bottle resurfaced (A/N: Refer back to Chapter 3)

He backed away before sitting down on the couch while using a pillow as a barrier for his little one, “I don’t like you.”

“Who said I liked you?”

“Everyone likes me.”

“Not everyone because I don’t like you.”

The two continue to banter as any sibling would and the realization hit Yoochun as a small smile formed on his lip. He was actually happy that Heechul decided to show up knowing how much Hyun was missing her family especially her little brother who she calls every single day even though Hyo gets annoyed. Hyun needed a family member right now, and Heechul is effortlessly filling that spot.

“Will you both just stop.” JaeJoong said as he sat down beside Heechul, “Just tell her why you suddenly showed up.” He turned to the man beside him.

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot.” Heechul stood up and went towards his jacket that was draped over a chair before pulling out the envelope.

Yoochun and Hyun were sitting beside JaeJoong as they saw the item that Heechul was holding.

“Yoochun I would love to know how you’re doing and how’s life, but this is kind of important.” Heechul said as he handed the envelope to Hyun before patting Yoochun’s shoulder.

“Don’t worry Hyung. We can catch up later.” Yoochun smiled happy to finally see him after such a long time.

While the two were talking, Hyun had already scanned through the paper before gasping loudly that grabbed everyone’s attention.

“Oppa, where did you get this?” Hyun asked as she continued to read through it again while doing the math in her head.

“Let just say that I went all James Bond.” He felt proud as he crossed his hands over his chest.

Hyun looked up sharply, “You stole it! Oppa, you could go to jail. This is illegal!”

An evil smirk was present on the calm Heechul unlike the other three who all looked worried, “No need to worry. I was able to record me asking for this document and getting a replied back from the Head of the Financial Department on my phone, so there is no way it is illegal because I got permission.”

JaeJoong laughed knowing exactly what Heechul did, “You got him drunk didn’t you?”

Heechul nodded before high fiving both of the men who were also smirking along with him.

“You never cease to amaze me.” Hyun smiled before looking back at the document.

“What is it anyway?” Yoochun asked as he leaned over to see many numbers.

“It is SM’s Profit and Loss Statement”

*****