Epilogue

Through The Years

 

 

 

The Year is 2015 – Dara Kwon is 29 years old

*Epilogue*

 

 

 

 

The secretary looked up at the sound of approaching feet. She smiled brightly when she saw who the visitors were. “Dr. Kwon, how are you? Oh and you’ve brought the little ones with you!”

 

Jiyong smiled as he stood in front of Dara’s secretary’s desk. At his right his 3 year old daughter Areum stood holding his hand. In his arms he carried his sleeping three month old son GD or Kwon Jiyong II.

 

“Areum say hello to auntie.”

 

The little girl inched closer to her father and buried her face in his pant leg.

 

“Sorry,” Jiyong chuckled. “She’s being shy today. Is Dara in?”

 

“Yes, go right on in.”

 

*

 

Dara looked up from her laptop when she heard the door open. Instantly she was on her feet and walking around the desk when she saw Jiyong and their children. “Honey, you didn’t tell me you were coming today!” She leaned up for Jiyong’s kiss before she bent down to lift Areum up into her arms and gave her daughter a kiss on both cheeks. “Hi sweetheart.”

 

“We’re with omma,” Jiyong informed her. “She stopped to go to the bathroom first and we’ll meet her downstairs. We’re on our way to have lunch and stopped to see if you could join us. We can eat at the café next doors if you’re short on time.”

 

“I can do that, especially if we go next door,” Dara informed him. She was grateful he had come and that he had the children. As satisfying as her job was nothing brought her more joy than to see her kids and, of course, their father. The little family made their way out and Dara stopped to tell her secretary what time she would be back.

 

“Go – take your time. I’ll call you if anything comes up,” her secretary said, and Dara thanked her as she waved goodbye and headed toward the elevator. The secretary smiled as she watched Dara and Jiyong  swap children, Dara taking her son in her arms while Jiyong carried Areum. They were the picture of a beautiful happy family, little Areum listing off what she wanted to eat while her parents laughed. Jiyong teased his wife that Areum’s appetite took after her. Dara slapped him lightly on his arm before he took hold of her hand in his. And just before the elevator door closed Jiyong leaned down and kissed his wife properly. The little boy that had fallen in love with his noona from next door all those years ago now had her as his wife, lover and mother of his children. Life couldn’t get any better than that.

 

6/20/2015