Day Four

Camera Trouble

Siwon woke up chipper and ecstatic to start the day. Which was odd for someone who had been moping for all of the previous day, but for Siwon it was somehow normal. He felt as though he was getting acclimated to this whole intern thing. He figured that soon enough Zhoumi would be giving him bigger and better jobs than simple supply runs. He could see himself moving equipment and getting drinks for all of the celebrities he got to take pictures of. Overall, Siwon felt like he was on his way to becoming a successful photography intern. Or in reality, he was working his way up to becoming a better intern for the Cho Kyuhyun.

Today was actually his day off though. The blond didn’t really know what he was supposed to do on his day off, so he decided to call up his good friend Kim Heechul.

“Heechul is this you?” Siwon asked after three rings.

“Choi Siwon?! Why’d you call if you didn’t know it was going to me be?”

“I’m bored Chullie!” Siwon ignored Heechul’s remarks. “It’s my day off and I don’t know what to dooooo!”

“Well, it’s not my day off, so I can’t help you. Unless…”

“Unless what?”

“You want to come to my work right now and help me out?”

“Help you with what?” Siwon sounded skeptical.

“It’s really only a job that someone like you could do. I really, really, really need you Siwon! It’s really good that you’ve called! Come help!” Heechul sounded really desperate, and Siwon was too bored not to find out what was going on, so he caved.

“Fine.”

“Great! I’ll text you the address. Oh! And please shower before you come.”

Siwon pouted and hung up the phone. He lifted his arm and smelled his pits – he didn’t think he smelled that bad, but he had a shower anyway. He got dressed in a pair of loose jeans, a white t-shirt, and layered with a flannel and a hoodie. He pulled the hood all the way up so only a little tuft of blond hair poked out and put on his black shades as he grabbed his bag and left his apartment.

When he arrived at the address Heechul had sent him, he realised that it was a large warehouse that photo shoots would sometimes be held in. He cautiously entered, but he didn’t see his friend anywhere immediately. Siwon then saw one of the staff walking by and stopped them.

“Do you know where Kim Heechul is?” Siwon asked. The staff didn’t look very concerned and pointed Siwon in the direction of multiple clothing racks that sat outside a little makeshift room. “Thank you.”

“Siwonnie!! You’re finally here!” Heechul’s loud voice echoed from just outside the small room as he ran towards Siwon with what could only be gleeful mischief.

“Hey Chul, what did you need help with?”

“We’re short a model.” Heechul deadpanned.

“Heck no.” Siwon shot right back.

Come on! Siwon, you’re handsome as hell, once you get past all of your fashion and etc.” The eager stylist grabbed onto Siwon’s arms, but he wasn’t budging. “It’s really a very simple job. All you’ve got to do is sit or stand and look pretty. So basically, all you have to do is sit or stand.”

“I don’t know…” Siwon mumbled, looking at the floor. Heechul suddenly stood up straight and shrugged his shoulders.

“I bet if Cho Kyuhyun knew you modelled, he’d be pretty impressed.” This peeked Siwon’s interest.

“You think so?”

“I do.” Heechul said, turning back around with a devilish smile on his lips.

A couple minutes later and Siwon was down to his white t-shirt and sitting in a salon chair in front of a large mirror. A man was behind him t and adding a quick style to his hair while one of the makeup artists applied foundation. Heechul was just a few feet away picking out an outfit for his nervous friend to wear.

“I don’t know how you talked me into this, Chullie.” Siwon sighed, looking at the man through the mirror.

“I can talk anyone into doing anything. It’s really not your fault.” Heechul laughed and turned around with a leather jacket in hand. “I think this matches our concept.” Siwon gulped. He didn’t often wear clothes that were incredibly restricting.

A half hour later and Siwon was sitting on a chair with his legs spread wide and intimidating. He wore a black leather jacket on top of a tight fitting white t-shirt that showcased his strong build. He wore a pair of dark jeans with rips in the knees. His hair was nicely styled up with gel and his makeup was simple, yet accentuated his features. The concept – tall, dark, and handsome.

Everything was going fine, and Siwon was doing a better job of modelling than he thought he would be doing. But everything changed when Cho Kyuhyun entered the room.

Siwon immediately froze. His eyes stared longingly and desperately at the brunet who just walked in with coffee in one hand and beauty in the other. The photographer stopped taking photos and tried to get Siwon’s attention, however, the man’s focus was on one thing and one thing only. Heechul noticed what was going on and stopped browsing the clothing to check on Siwon.

“I may have forgotten to mention that you might be modelling with Cho Kyuhyun as well…” Heechul muttered. He placed his hands on the ice cold Siwon. “Listen, it’s going to be fine. You’re going to be alright, right?”

“Uh, I, you, Cho Kyuhyun, um…” Siwon stuttered and smacked his lips up and down. His gaze was still pointed in the direction of the super star. The same super star that appeared to have noticed Siwon and was beginning to walk over.

“Hello,” Kyuhyun greeted the photographer and talked with him shortly about the day’s shooting, while sparing a few glances in Siwon’s direction. Meanwhile…

“I can’t do this! Heechul for goodness’s sake! I’m going to die.” Siwon dropped his head. “You have to get me out of here.”

“What?! Why? No.” Heechul shook his head. “Your lord and saviour Cho Kyuhyun has arrived, shouldn’t you be honoured to do a shoot with him?”

“I’m going to make such a fool of myself in front of him!” Siwon yelled in a hushed voice. Kyuhyun was just a few steps away.

“You’re already a fool…” Heechul sighed. “Look, he probably doesn’t even recognise you now that you actually look like a normal person, so there’s nothing to worry about. As long as you do like you’ve been doing, you won’t mess up.”

Siwon made a low unintelligible noise and was about to make any kind of comeback when Kyuhyun walked towards him. The man stopped just in front of Siwon next to Heechul, and gave the blond a look up and down.

“Haven’t seen you before. Are you a new model?” Kyuhyun asked, his gaze a mix of intrigue and judgement – judgement over what, no one was quite sure.

“Uh, yes, I’m, uh, yes.” Siwon stammered like a fool. He had no idea what to say. It wasn’t this bad when he had spoken with the idol before, but this wasn’t like before. Siwon was practically in front of Kyuhyun right now. The poor man didn’t have his countless layers of clothes or his hat to cover his face. He was bare and laid wide open. For Siwon, wearing what he was and talking to his idol, it felt like the world was beginning to cave in. Heechul noticed this and stepped in.

“Sorry, he’s a little bit shy. It’s his first time and everything, so he’s not used to the big lights and attention. I’m sure you can understand from your first time doing a shoot.” Heechul gave his sickly smile that usually meant no good, but in this case was a very effective method to divert the brunet’s focus.

“Well, I suppose if it’s his first time. And since he’s seeing someone as famous as me up close too…” Kyuhyun left to get his makeup and hair styled.

Siwon let out a deep breath and then one in. He knew he had to calm down and not look like a total dork in front of Cho Kyuhyun. He stared desperately at Heechul, who in return, shrugged his shoulders and patted the man on his back. To top it off, the stylist gave a short thumbs up as he walked away, seeming to be cackling with amusement.

“Are you good to do a few more shots?” The photographer asked. Siwon nodded his head. He got back into the model mindset and straightened his shoulders as he stood with one foot on a stool and swung his jacket over his shoulder.

Once his individual photos had been done, they brought in two female models to work with first Siwon alone, and then Kyuhyun appeared. They were to do a set with the four of them, a girl for each boy. The photographer explained what they were aiming for, and the four models set off to do it. Siwon understood that what they wanted was for him to look kind of angry, kind of lustful, and expose his muscles as much as possible.

The four of them stood in a line to begin. The boys were on the end, and the girls in the middle. Siwon had his arm around the girl’s shoulder and his other hand tucked lightly into the pocket of his jeans. His head was supposed to be turned lightly to the side to look at his partner, but instead it gazed longingly at the brunet on the other end of the line. Kyuhyun’s body was turned into his partner with an arm wrapped loosely around her shoulder, but his head was looking down and away from Siwon. The man was dressed similarly to Siwon, although he had a black t-shirt and his dark jeans were not ripped, but fit snuggly to his legs.

“New guy! Look at Eunji more.” The photographer shouted at Siwon, who was undeniably focused on Kyuhyun rather than the female model. Siwon nodded his head and did as he was told, but the short interaction caught Kyuhyun’s attention for a brief moment.

The rest of the photoshoot went smoothly. As long as Siwon told himself that it wasn’t the Cho Kyuhyun – multi-talented international superstar Cho Kyuhyun – who he was working with, everything went as it should. They had finally finished the day’s work and Siwon let out a deep sigh of relief. His forehead sticky with sweat from the heat of the lights that had been shining on him the past few hours.

The blond went over to where the refreshments were being cleaned up and took a water bottle. He poured some in his hands and lightly splashed it on his face and then grabbed a towel to wipe away the water, sweat, and makeup. He hated the feeling of having makeup on. It felt like he wasn’t allowed to touch his face or do anything rash because the makeup would be ruined and the stylists would have to redo it.

“You did surprisingly well for a new model.” A voice spoke, and just as Siwon brought down the towel from his face, he saw a bright shining star in front of him.

“Oh, uh, thank you!” Siwon said, and tried to smile without looking too much like a dork. “It was really an amazing experience to get to work with you too. I’m honoured.”

“Hmm,” Kyuhyun smirked and flicked his hair out of his face with a quick movement of his hand. “I’m surprised I haven’t seen you around before.”

“Oh, yeah, that’s because –” Siwon was about to say how he was just a substitute and wasn’t supposed to be here, or something else foolish, when a wild Heechul appeared to save the day.

“Because he’s really shy!” Heechul butted in. “It took him forever to actually send in a portfolio to the company. I mean, like, forever.”

“R-Right…” Siwon agreed, suddenly shaking his head.

“You didn’t look very shy on set though.” Kyuhyun shrugged it off anyway. “I don’t think I caught you name?”

At this, Siwon seemed to have a total mental breakdown. He was far too appalled at the fact that his one and only idol had just asked him for his name. Cho Kyuhyun wanted to know who he was. Kyuhyun was showing an interest in some low-life fanboy like Siwon. Although, from the model’s viewpoint, he was showing vague interest in a possible up and coming model, which was something the man needed to know – professionally – who his competition was. Usually, Kyuhyun wouldn’t even bother asking some newbie’s name, but for some reason the blond in front of him sparked something.

“Choi Siwon.” Siwon smiled radiantly.

“Choi Siwon. I’ll remember it.” Kyuhyun turned around and left, leaving a besmitten man behind.