Day One

Camera Trouble

Siwon fiddled with his camera as everyone else was getting ready for the photo shoot. It was his first day on the job and he was having camera problems. Not only was it his first day, it just so happens that his intern job is at the biggest photography company. The main cameraman has taken photos of countless celebrities and supplied pictures for pretty much every magazine out there.

How could I have a jam in my camera on a day like this? Siwon was screaming inside. He wondered if he would get fired before he even started working fulltime.

He was just about ready to pull out his hair when a pair of feet appeared on the floor in front of him. Siwon looked up from where he was crouching and saw the photographer standing there. He immediately stood up and almost dropped his camera in the process.

He looked at the photographer. It wasn’t his first time seeing the man, he already had to do an interview with him to get the intern position. There was however, something different about him. He was still taller than Siwon, and still really thin. His face looked the same… Oh! It’s his hair! Siwon realized as he looked up and saw that the colour of the man’s hair was now red. When he met the photographer, his hair had been brown.

“Sir! Good morning! I mean, good afternoon. Wait,” Siwon looked down and checked his watch. “Sorry, good evening. What can I do to help you?” Siwon was a bit flustered.

“Ah, yes. You seem a little…nervous. Is everything alright? And please, you can just call me Zhoumi.” The main photographer smiled at Siwon and looked at him worryingly.

“Yes, Zhoumi, everything is fine. I was just trying to fix my camera.” Siwon replied.

“Oh no, is there something wrong with it?” Zhoumi asked and took the camera from Siwon.

“I’m not sure, I think it’s got a jam somewhere.”

“Looks like it’s just…” Zhoumi turned the camera around in his hands and then turned it on. He laughed and gave the camera back to Siwon.

“Why, did you laugh?”

“I found the problem.” Zhoumi smiled like he couldn’t believe what he just discovered.

“Really? What is it?” Siwon was getting excited because his camera was about to be fixed.

“Your batteries are dead.” Zhoumi watched as Siwon’s happy expression turned into a surprised one. He patted him on the shoulder and walked off, leaving Siwon standing there, dumbfounded.

“My batteries are dead. Wow. Nice going Siwon. How dumb can you get?” Siwon hit his head and crouched back on the floor. Siwon wasn’t very smart.

As Siwon was rummaging through his bag to find spare batteries, he heard a sudden commotion going on. Siwon looked up and saw that someone with sunglasses on and fancy clothes had just walked in. He guessed that that was who their model was for today. He was about to get a better look when the guy walked into a changing room.

Siwon stood up and adjusted his glasses. He wanted to go over and see who it was, but he then had a great idea. I can just go and ask Zhoumi! He’ll know. Siwon got up and looked around for the redhead. He spotted him talking to someone and started walking towards him. Just as he was a few feet from the man, someone shouted his name and then jumped in front of him.

“Ah!” Siwon yelled and stumbled a few steps backwards.

“Siwonnie!” The person who had jumped in front of him, then proceeded to hug Siwon very tightly.

“What? Who are you?” Siwon asked and pushed the person away from him.

“How can you not recognize me?! It’s the magnificent Kim Heechul!” The man in front of him did a little twirl and then put his hands on his hips. He smiled at Siwon.

“Chullie! So it was you. Don’t scare me like that!” Siwon slapped Heechul’s arm but smiled back at him.

“So what are you doing here anyways? I thought you worked at a pizza restaurant. And what’s wrong with your hair! Ah! And your clothes!” Heechul looked on in horror like he had just seen someone eat a kiwi like an apple. It was just plain wrong.

“Why? What’s wrong with it?” Siwon took off his glasses and wiped his bangs out of his eyes. He touched his blond hair nervously and then looked down at his clothes. He was just wearing track pants and a hoodie.

“Okay. Well. First of all, you can’t wear clothes like that to work! Because I’m assuming you work here, otherwise why would you be here? Maybe to see today’s model, but you wouldn’t be able to get in here because of security. Anyway! Second off, that hair is disgusting.”

“What’s wrong with my hair?”

“It looks like you haven’t washed it in ages, and you probably haven’t had a haircut in ages either! Oh my god. You haven’t changed since high school. Actually, it’s like you’re worse now because in high school at least you wore a good looking uniform.” Heechul ranted on all the things that was wrong with what Siwon was wearing and how he looked and then ended up dragging him into a room with a whole bunch of different clothes.

“What are you doing?” Siwon asked helplessly as he was pulled along.

“I’m fixing you.” Heechul started looking through the racks of clothes and was about to pull an outfit out when Siwon stopped him.

“No! You don’t have to do that. Besides, this is stuff for the shoot.” Siwon pulled Heechul out of the room despite his strong refusals.

“Fine. Then at least wear a hat to cover your awful hair.” Heehcul pouted, but he pulled out a hat from somewhere and gave it to Siwon.

“Whoa, where did this come from?”

“My pocket.”

Siwon nodded his head and put the hat on his head. He adjusted it so it would fit with his glasses on.

“So why are you here anyways?” Siwon asked.

“Oh, I’m the stylist here. I picked out all the clothes. What about you?”

“It’s my first day actually. I’m starting as an intern photographer here. I’m hoping I can learn everything there is to know from this job and then I don’t know.”

“Whoa, slow down. I didn’t want your life story, just why you’re here.”

“Haha sorry.” Siwon rubbed the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly. Then he remembered what he was doing before he had been taken away. “Right, sorry. I have to go and do something now. Shouldn’t you go back to working anyways?”

“But we just met up after so long.” Heechul frowned but let Siwon go on his way.

Siwon walked up towards where Zhoumi was standing last. The man wasn’t there anymore, but he was just a small distance from that spot. This time he was talking to someone different.

Siwon stood patiently behind Zhoumi and waited for him to finish talking. They were talking about the lighting and making sure that everything would be ready for when they had to start. After they had finished speaking and the lighting man had gone off to do whatever his job was, Siwon stepped in front of Zhoumi.

“Hello again, Siwon. Did you “fix” you camera?” Zhoumi made quotation marks with his fingers when he spoke.

Siwon frowned and sighed. “Yes, but I can’t believe I made such a stupid mistake on my first day. I’m starting to wonder why you hired me…”

“There, there. I hired you because you had great credentials and you looked like you really enjoyed photography. I need a young person like that around here.” Zhoumi gave Siwon a reassuring pat on the back.

“Thanks, and I really do love taking pictures.”

“So, what can I help you with?”

“Well I was just wondering who the model was? I saw someone come in, but I didn’t see who it was.” Siwon glanced around the studio to see if the person was anywhere in sight.

“Oh, you didn’t get the email I sent everyone? It was telling who we were shooting today.”

“Sorry, I don’t have an email anymore… My computer broke and I haven’t gotten a new one yet.” Siwon looked away. He was a little forgetful sometimes.

“I see then, that’s too bad. Today’s model is for a magazine cover and a few inside stories. His name is Cho Kyuhyun. Have you heard of him?”

“Cho Kyuhyun? Like, the Cho Kyuhyun?” Siwon was starting to get excited.

“Yeah, that’s the one.” Zhoumi told him and looked to his side. “There, he’s getting his hair done now.”

Siwon was now starting to freak out. His palms were getting sweaty and his heart was racing. He couldn’t believe his eyes right now. The Cho Kyuhyun was there. Just a few metres to his left.

“T-That’s Cho Kyuhyun? Jack of all trades. Super famour Hallyu star? Actor, dancer, singer, MC, entertainer, athlete and model?!” Siwon was now shouting. Close to squealing.

“Whoa there, calm down. He’s a regular here and I can’t have you freaking out on us every time he comes around.” Zhoumi turned Siwon away from the direction that the celebrity was sitting.

“Omg, omg, oh my god. I think I’m going to have a heart attack.” Siwon had to crouch on the floor to catch his breath. He was smiling uncontrollably and clutching at his camera. He wanted to take Cho Kyuhyun’s picture so badly.

“Are you okay? Do you want me to call an ambulance or something? We have set paramedics too.” Zhoumi bent down to be at eye level with the intern who now seemed to be having a panic attack.

Siwon looked up and leapt forward. He hugged Zhoumi tightly and lifted him up as he stood.

“I love you for hiring me and I love this job!” Siwon hugged the photographer tighter and then set him down.

Zhoumi coughed and bit and straightened out his clothes.

“Y-Yeah! Just because I’m friendly, doesn’t mean you can treat your boss that way.” Zhoumi scolded Siwon.

“S-Sorry sir. I won’t do it again.” Siwon apologized and bowed.

“I hope you won’t cause a fuss just because there’s a celebrity here. We get them often, so don’t become troublesome.” Zhoumi pointed a finger at Siwon in warning. “Now why don’t you go and do something interns do?”

“Like what?” Siwon asked, scratching his head under the hat he was wearing.

“Go see if anyone needs help setting things up. And about halfway through the shoot take drink orders.”

Siwon nodded and ran off at Zhoumi’s instructions. He felt a little bad because it seemed like he was causing a lot of trouble on his first day of work. Although he did feel bad and like he should shape up, he was in a really good mood because Cho Kyuhyun was there. He hoped that he could sneak a few pictures of the celebrity. 

 


This is just going to be a fun story so don't worry about any dramatic deaths or plot twists! Okay, maybe a plot twist or two to keep it interesting. I just really wanted to read/write a fic where Siwon is the klutz and Kyuhyun is the smarter one because normally its the other way around. Well, I hope you will enjoy it because I think I'll have fun writing it :3