Day Two

Camera Trouble

Siwon held a piece of lighting equipment while someone else adjusted the top of it. All Siwon had to do was hold the long stick in place while the other person fiddled with the lamp on the other end. His arms and body stood still and in place, but his head was turned to the side. He was watching what Kyuhyun was doing. His eyes followed the man back and forth as he got his hair styled and his makeup put on. Siwon bit his lip and wanted to scream out loud about how good Cho Kyuhyun looked.

He still couldn’t believe that he was seeing such a famous celebrity. On his first day of work too! He wasn’t expecting much to happen on his first day. Of course there would be a celebrity there since it was a famous company. Siwon just didn’t think that it would be that celebrity.

Cho Kyuhyun had to be one of the top models out there. He was also good at other things too. He wasn’t just a model, but was versatile in many other fields of being famous. He could entertain people with his unique personality, funny jokes, and his hilarious dancing; he was a great actor and did a wonderful job as an MC, and his voice sounded like that of angels. He had acted in countless musicals, recorded dozens of albums and he could even do many different impersonations of other famous people. On top of all that, he had stunning looks and was a top notch scholar. He graduated college and was going to go into law school if he hadn’t been scouted by so many companies. Looks, smarts, character, the looks, Cho Kyuhyun really had it all.

All of this, was obviously, in Siwon’s opinion. Siwon had a small shrine dedicated to Cho Kyuhyun along with his other favourite people in his very own house. You could say that Siwon was slightly biased.

The public, on the other hand, had mixed thoughts about Cho Kyuhyun. About half praised him and had only good things to say about the model, while the other half was throwing shade about every second that they could get. Examples of this: “Oh, Cho Kyuhyun is so fantastic and wonderful and cute and talented and ooh I could just eat him right up!” Said by a 15 year old diehard fan – or Siwon. “Ugh, Cho Kyuhyun? That arrogant, self-important, narcissistic show off? I’d rather him get eaten by a resurrected dinosaur than have to eat him.” Also said by a 15 year old diehard anti-fan – or Siwon’s brother in law.

“You can let go now.” The lighting staff called Siwon. “You can let go now!” The staff tried harder to get Siwon’s attention. “Ah, just let go already!” The staff was now pulling on the lighting equipment, but Siwon’s grip was too tight.

Alas, Siwon’s eyes were focused solely on Cho Kyuhyun’s. Siwon was so entranced with seeing a real live celebrity that he had no idea that anything else was going on. In fact, he was so amazed by the sight that you could practically see the stars twinkling from his eyes and around his head.

The lighting man started to pull harder on the lamp even though it still wouldn’t budge.

A few other people had joined them and now there were three people trying to pull the equipment away and another two holding onto Siwon and pulling him in the opposite direction. A few more struggling yanks and then there was a crack. The slow breaking of the stick lamp happened too quickly for anyone else to realise what was happening, but for Siwon, it couldn’t have happened slower.

The six men all fell to the ground with a loud thud. Utter silence followed them as they lay and sat on the ground. Siwon held half of a long stick in his hands, and on the other end was a shattered lamp. Siwon looked around him like he had no idea what just happened.

A few seconds later and he realized what he had just done. He quickly scrambled to his feet and helped the other staff up as well.

“Careful! There’s glass on the floor. Just stay where you are.” Siwon told the other men who were trying to place their hands somewhere where there wasn’t glass.

Siwon crept over to the men and crouched down so he could pick up the glass. One by one, he picked up the pieces of broken lamp until all the large and harmful ones were out of the way. He put out his hand to help the other staff members up.

Someone walked up to Siwon and was about to start yelling at him or maybe even slap him, but Siwon ignored him to go find a broom and dustpan. Siwon quickly ran back with a broom in his hands and began to sweep up the mess that he had created.

The clumsy intern wiped his forehead with the back of his hand and then looked around him. There were a few people still hanging around, mostly those who were involved and were trying to understand what just happened.

“Siwon! Get over here.” Zhoumi called his name from a few feet away.

Siwon hung his head as he walked, just now realizing the mistake he had made. When he got to the photography director, he looked up with tears welling in his eyes. Before Zhoumi could have said anything, he was stopped by the sudden appearance of tears.

“U-Um, ehem, Siwon.” Zhoumi coughed and tried to get his attention off of the now puppy dog faced man.

“I know what I did was wrong. I’m really sorry for breaking expensive equipment and for making all these mistakes and I know it was my first day and I could have endangered someone and please don’t fire me!” Siwon rambled out all at once and then hung his head low again.

“Yes, well… what you did was unprofessional and irresponsible and does not leave a good first impression on me or the staff.” Zhoumi avoided looking at Siwon while he spoke. “But I won’t fire you.” Even Zhoumi couldn’t stand against Siwon’s kicked puppy face.

“Really?! I’m not fired? Thank you so much!” Siwon hugged Zhoumi and lifted him up and then spun around in his excitement.

When he could feel the ground under his feet again, Zhoumi straightened out his clothes.

“However! You will have to be reprimanded. So, you’re staying until you are the last person here for the next week.” Zhoumi nodded his head and then quickly left.

Siwon was left standing by himself. He was overjoyed that he didn’t get fired after his big mistake, but he was a little unhappy because he had to stay late for a week. It’s better than being out of a job. Siwon thought and then turned around to see if he could do anything else, without messing up too much.

“Newbie, come over here for a minute!” Someone called out to Siwon, and the man was confused for a second until he realized that he was the newbie.

Looking around, Siwon saw a buff man standing by the entrance and went to meet him. The man was large, not that he was fat, but he looked like he had a lot of muscle. Definitely not someone to anger.

“How can I help you?” Siwon asked, putting on a smile and trying to look as helpful as a person could after destroying expensive equipment in front of everyone.

“I know you just broke something, but I still need someone to help me move this. It’s pretty heavy, so it shouldn’t break easily.” The man pointed towards some equipment that was sitting on the floor by the doors.

“Yes sir, point me in the direction and that’s where I’ll go.” Siwon walked over and picked up a black box that was going to be used for the model to sit on.

“My name is Kangin. And you can put that by the screen set up over there.” Kangin pointed towards a white screen at the far end of the studio.

Siwon went back and forth, carrying boxes, light stands, soft boxes, reflective umbrellas, power boxes and anything else Kangin told him to move. For about an hour and a half, he was the most well behaved intern you could have seen.

Another hour passed and Siwon looked at the clock to check what time it was. He realized that it was about halfway through the shoot and he should be taking drink orders. Siwon grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and started to go around to different people working on the set.

He was almost done taking orders when it was just Zhoumi and Cho Kyuhyun left. He waited until the model had to get a touch up on his makeup to go over. He timidly stood a few steps away from the man and fidgeted, thinking of what to say.

“Do you want something?” Suddenly, Cho Kyuhyun was talking to him!

“O-Oh, yeah.” Siwon jumped from the sudden question but regained himself quickly. “I’m going to get drinks, would you like something?”

“Yeah, get me a non-fat Frappuccino with extra whipped cream and chocolate sauce.” Kyuhyun looked up at Siwon briefly to say his order, made a disgusted face, then looked back at his phone that was in his hands.

Other people may find what just happened to be extremely rude and would ask for an apology. Siwon on the other hand was frozen on the spot from just that one look. Our eyes met! Their eyes met! It was like a dream come true for Siwon. Not only did he get to be within a meter of the celebrity and talk to him, he also got to look in his eyes. He was surprised that he hadn’t fainted yet.

“Siwon!” Zhoumi shouted his name that snapped him out of his daze.

Siwon hurriedly made his way to Zhoumi’s side and boxed again and started to repeatedly say sorry.

“Just,” Zhoumi sighed, “just go and get the drinks. I’ll take a coffee.”

“Yes sir, but how do I get them exactly?” Siwon asked, still not used to the whole intern thing.

“You go to a store, buy the drinks, come back with the receipt, then you’ll be reimbursed by the company.” Zhoumi explained slowly to Siwon because he thought the man looked like someone who would easily forget these things.

“Okay! I got it. I’m off now then.” Siwon bowed goodbye and then exited the studio.

 

 

Although he had a little difficult carrying all of the drinks back to the studio by himself, he finally got back with everything in one piece. Siwon set all the drinks down on a nearby table. He started to hand them out to everyone who wanted one.

Again, it was just the photographer and the model left to give drinks to. Siwon carried both drinks over and stood by Zhoumi as he took pictures.

Cho Kyuhyun was sitting on a stool and moving into different poses. His clothes were casual, yet trendy and had a solemn look to them. Kyuhyun was somehow able to match his expression and body language to the emotion that his clothes were showing.

Siwon couldn’t help but to let out a light squeal under his breath as he watched the man do his job. He looked so handsome and serious while he had his picture taken. Cho Kyuhyun really is the best.

“Siwon? Did you just say something?” Zhoumi asked as he took his eyes away from the camera.

“No, but here’s your coffee.” Siwon handed the man his drink.

“You do know how long you were gone, right?” Zhoumi asked, almost dumbfounded.

“Half an hour maybe?”

“More like an hour and a half. The shoot’s almost over.”

“Whaaat?!” Siwon yelled. He was probably more surprised than anyone else that he was gone so long. How could he have left Kyuhyun without a drink for that long?

Siwon quickly went over to Cho Kyuhyun who was about to change into his last outfit.

“I’m so sorry about the wait. I had no idea it would take me that long.” Siwon handed him the drink and apologized a few more times.

“How can you be so incompetent that you can’t even deliver drinks on time? Did you just start today or something?” Kyuhyun huffed and was about to take a sip of his drink when Siwon spoke.

“Yes, today is my first day.”

“How dare they put an intern’s first day the same as my shoot? Very unthoughtful.” Kyuhyun shook his head and then took a sip of his drink. As soon as the liquid passed his lips, another disgusted look crossed his face and he immediately spat the drink out. It just so happened to land on Siwon’s face.

“Yuck! What the hell is this?! I said a Frappuccino. This isn’t even cold anymore!” Kyuhyun scowled and took the lid off of his cup.

Siwon opened his mouth and was just about to apologize when Kyuhyun poured his entire drink on top of Siwon’s head and splashed any leftover on his face.

There were a few gasps around the room, and a few who weren’t surprised at all. Siwon stood there while Kyuhyun walked into the changing room.

“Siwon, are you alright?” Zhoumi rushed to his side and looked him up and down. He took a few steps back from the intern.

Siwon remained silent. The creamy substance slowly began to slide off of his glasses. He moved his hand up and took his glasses off to wipe them on his shirt.

“Maybe you should just go home.” Zhoumi suggested, looking worried. “You can start staying late tomorrow.”

Siwon nodded his head slowly in response. He turned around and picked up his bag from the floor. The intern started walking out of the studio, he still hadn’t spoken a word since getting attacked by the no-longer-cold beverage.

On his way out of the building, he passed many people who gave him odd looks, although he could barely see them because his glasses were still a little smudged up.

Once he was outside of the building, he began to walk home with an expressionless face. The drink started to dry on his face and clothes and eventually became like plaster on him.

Two hours and countless curious looks later, Siwon was back home. He stood in front of his apartment door and fumbled with the keys because his hands were still sticky.

As soon as Siwon was inside his house, he let his bag slip to the floor, and then he collapsed to the floor.

“I… I can’t believe it.” Siwon muttered under his breath and held his head in his hands. “Cho Kyuhyun poured his drink on me! The Cho Kyuhyun poured his drink on me!”

Siwon couldn’t contain his smile anymore and started to shake his body around. He was freaking out so much that he wanted to just scream his lungs out. If only he didn’t have neighbors.

“I can’t believe it! He drank from it before he threw it on me. Oh. My. God. He spit it out on me too! This stuff was in his mouth before it was on my face! How awesome is that?!”

Siwon continued to spazz out all night long. He didn’t want to wash any of his clothes, and even decided to carefully contain the hat he had been wearing in a plastic bag. He wrote on the bag in marker: Cho Kyuhyun’s drink

Siwon slept peacefully that night, knowing that he had met his idolized Cho Kyuhyun and even talked to him. If only he could see the man every day, now that would be heaven.

 


Siwon...You're weird