One

I LOST MY MIND [ON HOLD]

"Please listen to me!" 

 

"NO!!!" I roughly removed my arms from his grip. I don't want to see his face anymore and so to hear his vain attempt to shower me lies. I didn’t mind the heavy rain and ran as fast as I could. I don't want to give them the pleasure seeing me crying and call me pathetic. I turned to every corner of this city and just to hide from that bastard. How dare he break my heart! After all the affections, sincerity and love! I tried to ignore the throbbing pain in my legs. The last thing I want to happen is for them to catch me. I stopped from running when I tripped and fall flatly on the paddle of water. I HATE YOU! 

 


 

I abruptly woke up from my heavy sleep. That dream again. I don't understand why it keeps hunting my precious sleep. I checked on the wall clock across me. It's 6:30 in the morning, my first time to be up that early. Usually my body chose to be up not until 10. I decided to stand up since lying down on my bed won't drift me back to sleep anymore. I walked to my right and slowly moved the drapes aside. I was stunned by the view of the beautiful sunrise through my glass wall. The red and orange gave the effect of fire blazing just the end of the sea. Its rays reflected the clear waters and resembled the diamonds sparkling in front of me. It shone radiantly, lingering my pale skin. I really salute our Creator for his wonderful works. I, myself, admit that no one can defeat his creativity because everything is perfect. 

 

Knock. Knock

 

A knocked on my door stopped me from admiring the beauty before my eyes. "Come in,” I answered softly and spun my body as I looked at the person making their way inside the room. It's him. 

 

"Good morning! How are you?" I saw a surprised looked in his face but immediately vanished. I was just imagining things. I watched him place the tray his carrying on the study table. Another beautiful creation. I can't help but to be mesmerized by his looks. Right now, his wearing a light blue sweater matched with dark blue jeans. His hair was dyed honey blond. If you look closely, he had smooth and milky complexion, adorable deer-like eyes and irresistible cherubic face. That's not the only things I noticed on him. He got this tiny scar just below his pink lower lip. I wonder where he got that. Nevertheless he got a perfect baby face and I admit I had a crush on him. 

 

"Uhm... Is something wrong?" His voice brought me back to my senses. I mentally slapped my face. What the heck? I his cheeks tinted with red. Maybe I intimidated him with the stare I'm giving him. "I'm sorry," that's all I can say. Don't expect me to tell him bluntly what I just thought. "Eat this. Nana made it herself. She said it is good for enhancing your memory." I smiled faintly at him and remained silent.

 

Good for enhancing memory.

 

Yes, I forgot. This boy is my savior. He brought me to the hospital immediately. He said he found me lying lifelessly on the seashore. He thought I was dead at first but relieved after I open my eyes. I was glad that he saved my life although part of me wished he hadn't. Isn't it weird, right? Then I learned to have amnesia. They said I lost my memory temporarily or worst permanently. His family let me stay with them for awhile or until I remember who am I. It for I can't remember anything. I hope these 'dreams' I had would help me figure my identity but it's all seems like a nightmare. Well his 'nana' made foods that might be helping in gaining my memories. 

 

"Thank you," I heaved a sigh as I sat down in front of the food. "Unfortunately, I still can’t remember anything."

 

"Well, it's just been a month. I sure hope that you'll remember everything sooner or later." He said trying to comfort me. "But I'm bothering you and your family already. I thought in that span of time I can remember even just my name."

 

"Ah it's okay. Actually Nana was never been alive again after you arrived. She is happy someone can accompany her aside from me." He chuckled softly.

 

"Anyways, why you're up so early?" Oh he noticed.

 

"Ah! It’s nothing really. I had this dream again." I dug in the food he served me.

 

"Do you think it has something to do with your past?" 

 

I stayed still and quiet contemplating his question. 

 

"Oh, I think it’s the first step," he continued when I didn't answer. 

 

"I think so." I answered briefly. 

 

I munched the foods slowly to savor the food his Nana cooked for me. I appreciate their hospitality. It's overwhelming because they accepted me wholeheartedly after discovering my 'I-lost-my-memory' situation. I am lucky that this guy was the one who saw me. I felt like I'm their family instead of a strange person who they picked somewhere else. I was busy eating and thinking to notice the awkward atmosphere that engulfed us. He cleared his throat.

 

"So..." he trailed "does is taste good?"

 

"Yes! It's delicious." 

 

I like Nana. She never failed to cook or baked me mouth-watery foods. Although, I feel bad that I haven't joined them to eat. I always eat my meals inside my once unfamiliar bedroom. That guy and his Nana are always out to their whereabouts and on weekends, only Nana accompanied me. They only left me with freshly cooked breakfast and sticky notes on the refrigerator door for some instructions. Strange, I always looked forward to see this guy but I had rare chance. I don't know his name yet. Maybe this is the perfect opportunity. Knowing his name won't hurt, right?

 

"Uhm..." we both started. We both looked at each other and smile.

 

"You go first" he said

 

"No, you go first." I protested.

 

"Okay." He scratched his nape and had this boyish grin on his face. I smiled at his cute actions. "Well, ever since you lived here, I guess you haven't stroll around this area well aside from Nana's house so... I was wondering if you want to go around with me." His cheeks turned red, gazing down the floor. Should I accept his offer? I admit it's boring staying inside the house. I never endeavored to go outside, afraid that I might get lost and would never ever return to my real family. Also can I trust him? I looked at him. His waiting for my response, eyes... pleading? 

 

"I know you're still doubtful and I understand it."

 

"I'm willing to do it." I said. He turned at me and there he goes with his adorable smile again. As if he’s a child won a major price from a simple game.

 

"I promise you will love everything in here. Anyways, what are you going to say?" He asked still blushing.

 

This time, I was the one who gazed the floor. Shyness embraced me and lumped started to form in my throat. It's proper to ask his name. I mean we've been living under the same roof. Also it'll be a step to learn to trust him. With all my courage, "Uhm..." he furrowed his brows, "w-w-what I-is your name?" I stuttered. The hell? 

 

He chuckled. "Why are you stuttering? Asking my name won't hurt you." Exactly. So why am I so nervous about it?

 

"My name is LuHan."

___________

EDITED