Apologies and Misconceptions

The Only One

(Ren POV)

Aron stayed in my room last night. He slept on the floor, just in case I needed anything. Aron fetching water, food, fluffing my pillow, the dude even offered to brush my hair. I said yes, seeing if it would make him happy, or at least think he’s doing some good. He took my brush and sat on the bed and ripped my hair out, a lot of hair. I ducked out early and said I was tired, to which he promptly got off my bed and onto the floor.

I woke up this morning to a lovely breakfast. I walked out of my room and headed to the kitchen where Aron and Minhyun were ‘being quiet.’ Well, quiet for them. They didn’t notice me. I walked out, and stomped really loud, letting them know I was coming. When I walked back in, both boys looked out of breath, hair messy, and Minhyun’s face a slight shade of pink. I sat down at the table and started on the breakfast that they had made. Despite me being so anti-MinRon, I still loved them. God that sounded like a girl said that. But still, I don’t know what I would do without them. “You guys really do kiss too much.” I said, my mouth half full of pancake. Minhyun squeaked, “You mean you saw that??” he asked now blushing more. Aron on the other laughed, loudly. “I heard you.”

The rest of breakfast had awkward conversation about nothing. They were trying not to mention school, or boys, or anything else that could remind me of Baekho and the fact that the entire school hates me, until next week where I’ll be god again. But that’s the thing, everything reminded me of Baekho. Nothing didn’t remind me of him, if that makes sense. There was nothing in this world that didn’t remind me of the tall and handsome and pretty and cute and just yes please boy that was Kang Baekho. I walked out of the dorm and decided to walk to school alone. I didn’t want to sit in the back of Min’s car while Aron tried to discreetly him. I don’t want to be around relationships, I just want them to disappear, or mine to appear, either would do, second would be ideal though.

I took the path to school, with my headphones in, mouthing along to the words of Eyes, Nose, Lips by Taeyang. I laughed bitterly at the irony of the lyrics,

Don’t be sorry, that makes me more pitiful. With your pretty red lips please hurry, kill me and go. I’m all right. Look at me one last time Smile like nothing’s wrong, so when I miss you I can remember. So I can draw your face in my mind. My selfishness that couldn’t let you go turned into an obsession that imprisoned you. Were you hurt because of me? You sit silently. Why am I a fool, why can’t I forget you?
You’re already gone

“I feel ya man.” I muttered, the lyrics seem like they were written for my situation. I’m pretty sure Taeyang is following me around and gets his song ideas from. Then the song Wedding Dress came to mind, probably not from me. Though, I would like to see Baekho is a wedding dress. I would pay good money to see him in one. I laugh at the image of Kang Baekho walking down the aisle wearing a white, strapless brides dress, being held up by nothing, a showing, and a crooked white veil over his little Mohawk, holding a bouquet of red and white roses. I laugh out loud at the absolute absurdness of that. But my smile soon fades when I remember that I would never get too see him walk down the aisle, in a nice suit, with me waiting for him, or the other way around, me walking down the aisle looking down at Kang Baekho, with his large smile, waiting for me. And me reaching the end, saying our vows, exchanging rings. And then kissing his lips, his soft lips which I fantasize about too often. No matter what, today is going to . And it will hard.

 

(Baekho POV)

I had to go to school today. Today, if we skip school, we don’t go on the trip. If I don’t go on the trip, I stay back, and go home, to my parents, who argue all the time. I love them, but please, for the love of god can’t they just get a divorce and leave me out of it. I lugged my lazy into the school building where I met JJ, (that’s what I’m calling Jason and JR, no other ship name works JSon, JaR). They were standing next to each other, not talking, and JR was blushing, and blushing hard. Jason however was smiling, well, no, smirking. First thing that came to mind was that they finally confessed. “Hey?” I asked/greeted, “Hey,” they responded quickly, at the same time, and make eye contact, prepared to laugh, but they turn away, blushing. “What happened?” I said, shutting my locker, giving them a raised eye brow. “Oh, um, nothing. We just decided to room together for the trip to Jeju.” JR said, his voice wavering. Oh, crap, I forgot. “Oh, okay, what about me?” I ask. Jason now responds, “Since you weren’t there, you were put on the random list. Sorry.” I don’t care, I just feel a bit hurt, but at the same time happy that finally the blushing brides would bang finally. “No, no it’s fine. You two should get to know each other better.” I hinted, both of them blushed again. Making me roll my eyes in disgust. I turn to walk to my class, and wait for the assignments on what to do tonight. “Baekho?” JR called, I turned around, rolling my eyes, “What?” I ask, with a little too much attitude, I don’t want to be here, and I just want to sleep. “T-there was only one other name on the l-list,” His voice trailed off, “Whose?” JR looked down, “C-choi Ren…”

“WHAT?” I scream, “THIS IS NOT HAPPENING.”

(Ren POV)

When I get to school everyone is looking at me. Not much of a surprise. But what did surprise me was an angry Baekho walking towards me. “CHOI REN!!” He yelled. I stopped, not sure how to respond, “H-hi?” “WHAT THE HELL KIND OF STRINGS DID YOU PULL?” I knit my brows, “I-I don’t know what your talking about?”
“LIKE HELL YOU DON’T!” This pissed me off, “Like hell I do!” I spat back. He stepped closer to me, making me melt inside, I stepped back. Just this closeness made my heart race. “Okay your playing dumb, how cute.” He said, did he just call me cute? I ask myself, shut up it was sarcasm. “Tell me, Choi Ren, who are you rooming with?” He asked, I raised an eyebrow, “Okay, what does this have anything to do with anything?” I ask, stepping back. He just threw his head back and laughed, “Okay, you’ve got to be kidding me.” He turned around, looking at the student body who were all watching our argument. Do they know how to mind their own business. “Okay, I’m going to do this.” He said to himself.

“Hello!! My name is Kang Baekho! But I assume you all know this already, why? Well because I, Kang Baekho, have attracted the eye of the Choi Ren!! Now if I was your average guy in this school, I’d be on him, doing him in a closet by now, because it’s Choi Ren.” He looked back at me. “But you want to know why I said no? Why he was crying in lunch yesterday? Why I am actually talking to the school and yelling at The Choi Ren right now. Why? Because this know it all, stuck up, beau-“ He paused, “y, blonde brat named Choi Ren made us room together.” He yelled, at the school. The students were now murmuring. “How’s that Ren? Clear things up?” He stormed away. Parting the sea of students who were now afraid of him.

“Baekho!! Wait!” I yelled as I ran after him. “Baekho! Come back! We need to talk!!” much to my surprise he did stop. “Save it Ren. You really don’t get it do you? You need to stay the hell away from me. I don’t like you. I never had and I never will. What is so hard to understand about that?” I look up at him, a lump forming in my throat.

“I know that. I understand that you think I’m stuck up. I know you think I’m dumb. I know you think I can get anything I want just by asking, and that I’m frustrated because you said no, so I’m going to the ends of the earth to make you love me. I know you can’t make someone love you. I know you can’t make someone un-love you. I know. I know. But do you know why I screamed at you yesterday?” He looked at me, his eyes like daggers and his breath angry and deep. “Because, b-because,” I took a deep breath. “Because, Kang Baekho, I don’t want to like you. I don’t want to notice you. I want to flirt with a random guy, kiss a random guy, I want to be who you think I am. This evil person who doesn’t get attached to people. But I’m not. I like you. I want you to like me. I want you to think of me as a normal person. But you don’t. I can’t make you love me. I can’t make me un-love you. Nothing you do seems to turn me away. You can yell, you can scream, you can humiliate me multiple times in front of our peers, and you won’t stop being what I accidentally dream about.” I started to cry again. “I don’t know why we’re rooming together, I don’t even know how that came up. I’m sorry. You are not at fault. I have screwed up.” I looked at him. His features softened, he was looking away. “I’m sorry. I’ll try to fix this.” I turned around, and ran into the school. School hasn’t even started, and my day already .